Nov 26

Where’s It Headed? Check Out the Winter Haven Lot

Blog Cabin 2014 Location

For just one minute, let’s pretend there isn’t a winter storm advisory headed my way and instead I’m sitting in an Adirondack chair on the future lawn of Blog Cabin 2014 staring at this view. Is anyone with me?

I know you all are dying to know when our lovely bungalow will be moved, and all I can say is … soon! I promise to keep you updated as I learn details. In the meantime, here’s a peek of the Winter Haven, Fla. lot overlooking Lake Hamilton where the home is headed. The clues all make sense now, don’t they?

View the Photos: Blog Cabin 2014 – Before the Move >>

• Posted at 5:16 pm on November 11, 2013

1. Blog cabin 2014 looks like a challenge but I can see an awesome result. I of hope a basement can be done. Living in the north a basement can be invaluable to the homeowner. Extra storage and room for a game room/exercise area for the kids and adults brings a large or small family together. Living on a slab for the last thirty years has shown me how invaluable a basement can be. Just a thought.
    The outside is huge and to incorporate it with the home will make the home even larger and inviting.
    How to see how the move and renovation progress.
    Here's to a Happy and Healthy New Year to everyone.

Joanne on December 3, 2013 at 9:51 am
    • Sorry my grammar and train of thought doesn't go with the fingers. Have a Happy Holiday Season to All.

Joanne on December 3, 2013 at 9:54 am
  2. What a beautiful site….we can picture ourselves there…..I can't wait to win it beach cabin 2014

sherrydream on December 3, 2013 at 12:38 pm
  3. Just thinking when would be a good time to move this house?

twoTERRIERs on December 3, 2013 at 4:12 pm
  4. The 2014 BC project already has so much arts & crafts bungalow character it's hard for me to come up with any suggestions. I guess the only thing I really want to see at the big reveal next year is a new-and-improved version of what this home already has, lots of windows, and woodwork details.
    I'm afraid of gators and spiders ( the Banana Spider is so yicky and big) so if possible, it would be nice if any outdoor living spaces are built in a way to keep those unwanted critters out?
    With the Florida heat any outdoor space will need plenty of shade, and like at the Atlantic, NC Blog Cabin outdoor ceiling fans would be nice.
    It would be nice if the kitchen could be open to living & dining spaces…the kitchen is the area guests and family members always gravitate to, so it would be nice if it could be open and offer a view of the lake.
    Are there landscaping features that repel gators?? Are they afraid of fire? Tiki torches? This might not be a good year for a Yard Crashers water feature.
    Make sure Jason & Matty while making the landscaping lush & beautiful don't give the gators any good hiding places! Maintaining Good Visibility across the landscaping would be appreciated!
    And most of all have fun renovating! This home couldn't be in more capable hands.

Mel on December 3, 2013 at 7:06 pm
    • I am with you on the gators Mel, I am for a enclosed patio. Or all screened in porch. No going outside at night. Thats for sure. Hope the house has been moved ok.

vicki_in_Utah on December 4, 2013 at 12:27 pm
    • They could put in one of those endless-pools that is mounted above ground if there are problems with alligators getting into swimming pools. Or a regular pool with a shade building around it. It would be a shame to be in Florida without a pool. Do the gators prevent prudent people from swimming in the lake?

Windsmurf on December 4, 2013 at 2:24 pm
    • Hi Mel, just reading some blogs again and you mentioned gator repellant. Maybe they can come up with elec. gator fences similar to electric fences put in at BC2013. Seems like a little height adjustment and certainly strength adjustment for the gators thick skin… It gives me something to think about until we get new pictures/info. Have a great evening Mel and sorry I think my A.D.D. kicked in. LOL:D<3 I'm just saying if that fencing works for dogs and other pets, it could be effective chasing off gators.( way to much time on my hands tonight)xD

Sheri McNamara on December 18, 2013 at 8:39 pm
  5. Has anyone discovered exactly where the lot is yet? I've searched Lake Hamilton and nearby lakes but have not spotted a large vacant lot next door to a covered dock.

KCDigger on December 4, 2013 at 12:48 pm
    • Yes, quite a number of us know but DIY has asked we don't reveal it and has deleted all blogs with any reference to the address of where the house is now and the new location plot. Sorry but we can't help more than saying the plot is just over 5 acres and on Lake Hamilton. It's not a big lake so a lot search using Google will probably help you find it fairly quickly. Good hunting. ;)

AnniesOwn on December 4, 2013 at 1:55 pm
    • Try the NW corner of the lake ;)

DannyF on December 4, 2013 at 2:23 pm
    • Thanks for the hint, pretty obvious now.

KCDigger on December 9, 2013 at 7:49 pm
  6. Hi all! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their families. This lot is looking beautiful! I wonder how large the lot is that the home will be moved to…..? Anyone know? Maybe I missed it somewhere on here….have been tied with taking care of my parents lately. Wouldn't it be nice if they could afford a nice big and private lot. Just dreaming….hmmmm…..

Have a great day all!^_^

amberPA on December 4, 2013 at 3:21 pm
    • Hi AmberPA, The property is 5 acres and is beautiful. There are lots of pictures and videos that you can view and they will help you catch up. Have a wonderful day and I hope the info helps.:D

Sheri McNamara on December 18, 2013 at 2:31 pm
  7. Just aaaaaaahhhhhh!

Gail on December 12, 2013 at 7:08 pm
  8. I love the water spot! ;)

AndreaMP on December 12, 2013 at 10:59 pm
  9. Good morning everyone. I was sure hoping that by now we would have some floor plans, old and/or new, to look at. Kayla do you have any idea when we will see videos or pictures of the move? It seems like forever since this blog cabin started. Yeah, it's my lack of patience shining through.:S Waah! Okay I'm doing better now. Back to the old pictures. I'm glad that home is so stunning, even now. Good Day..:)<3<3

Sheri McNamara on December 17, 2013 at 10:16 am
  10. looks like Paradise I mean home :-) awesome spot, I see back yard parties with family and friends, I see playing horseshoes, I see watching the storms roll in over the water, I see water skiing, I see kayaking, WOW!! so much to do on this spot of land! there is nothing like rain hitting water and the breezing rushes through your bedroom window and you fall into a deep sleep! just awesome DIY

kelli W. on December 20, 2013 at 2:21 am