Nov 21

Explore the Blog Cabin 2014 Location

It’s finally time to announce the location of Blog Cabin 2014. You all have been so incredibly patient, but I won’t leave you waiting any longer. Watch our exclusive announcement video, then browse through “before the renovation” photos to get a tour of the home at this very moment.

Enjoy! I can’t wait to hear what you all think!

Editor’s Note: I’m so glad you all love the location of Blog Cabin 2014 and are enthusiastic about discovering more about the home. But, we must remove any comments that mention addresses out of pure respect and privacy of neighbors. Please keep this in mind as you continue to comment now and on future posts. Thank you, and keep the wonderful comments flowing in.

• Posted at 10:15 am on November 11, 2013

1. I'm looking forward to the 2014 Blog Cabin…….Love the warm weather in Florida and the Lake side location on 5 acres is GREAT…………. Bring it on DIY……

JanNY on January 6, 2014 at 8:46 pm
  2. I know the blog cabin will be beautiful. hoping

ruby on January 7, 2014 at 2:17 am
  3. As a northerner, that lives by a river. I can appreciate year around warmth, water activities, and great neighbors. I look forward to seeing what you do and having the opportunity to retire in your vision!

Fabio on January 7, 2014 at 8:46 am
  4. Can't wait to get started! What a wonderful way to preserve history and make it better on a great location!

nellywelly22 on January 7, 2014 at 11:23 am
  5. I was born in Florida and it is funny to hear the upper story called a widow's walk. The only time I have heard that term was in the north where the fishermen went out to sea.. I was told by my mother that it is called an airplane sleeping porch. It was high enough with all the windows open to catch the summer breezes on hot humid Florida nights before there was air conditioning. I am now in my sixties and my mother grew up in a house like the blog cabin. I hope whoever gets the home appreciates the histtoric value of such a home.

Toni on January 7, 2014 at 1:22 pm
  6. It amazes me as a "Vintage Dream". We lost our house to a fire recently and this could be the answer to all of our questions. Wow, Do not pinch me because I do not want to wake up. I really hope the "Vintage Dream" isn't just a dream. Woohoo…. :-)

Pam i am on January 7, 2014 at 11:39 pm
  7. I didn't realize until this very moment that the house is going to be moved. I think the house is absolutely adorable and Im ALWAYS excited when y'all start a new project, but knowing, now, that the house is going to be moved to 5 acres on the LAKE?? WOW!!! I'm doubly excited to see it come to life. Prayers for a safe move and renovation for all involved.

Bobbi Abbott on January 8, 2014 at 4:41 pm
  8. My husband's grandparent's owned a carnival back in the late 20's through the early 50's. Every year, the carnival, wintered in Winter Haven, and my Mother in Law recalled it being a winter retreat for many carnival people. Beautiful place.

sandynbama on January 9, 2014 at 10:01 pm
  9. Gorgeous and awesome location and the 1920's home has alot of potential and I can see why it was chosen! Can't wait to see the progress and how you amazingly move a whole house. The widow's peak will definitely have the most sensational view. Always loved Florida, so won't be disappointed with this prospect!

Cindy Waldron on January 10, 2014 at 1:04 am
  10. I finally saw an episode of the cabin with Josh Temple and I loved all the choices that have been made so far but when I come to the site I don't see anything to vote on or the progress on the house. Am I lost?

Jeanna Benish on January 10, 2014 at 12:59 pm