Nov 21

Explore the Blog Cabin 2014 Location

It’s finally time to announce the location of Blog Cabin 2014. You all have been so incredibly patient, but I won’t leave you waiting any longer. Watch our exclusive announcement video, then browse through “before the renovation” photos to get a tour of the home at this very moment.

Enjoy! I can’t wait to hear what you all think!

Editor’s Note: I’m so glad you all love the location of Blog Cabin 2014 and are enthusiastic about discovering more about the home. But, we must remove any comments that mention addresses out of pure respect and privacy of neighbors. Please keep this in mind as you continue to comment now and on future posts. Thank you, and keep the wonderful comments flowing in.

• Posted at 10:15 am on November 11, 2013

1. Dude, I'm so excited. I love the thought of hauling that house to a new location. Can we watch? Road trip for the blog cabin. How awesome. Can't wait. Thanks for not dragging out the reveal.

ladybyrd on November 21, 2013 at 1:53 pm
    • Yeah

Marcella on January 5, 2014 at 8:07 pm
  2. Hoorayyyyyyy!!!!

Laurie<3<3<3

Laurie_March on November 21, 2013 at 2:04 pm
    • Hoorayyyyyy! is right, Laurie. :) I am so glad this was posted before I leave for my family's home in NY for Thanksgiving. I'll be able to gather up the old family photos of Winter Haven and pull together my research on where our orange grove was on Spring Lake. I wish we knew which lake will be the new home of BC 2014. I can't wait for more posts!

TwoCorgis on November 21, 2013 at 2:16 pm
    • That is good timing. This is going to be extra exciting for you.

Eugenia27 on November 21, 2013 at 3:05 pm
    • It is a great distraction for me. Since we just lost my dad earlier this month, the holidays are going to be difficult this year. Between the family's connections to Nashville (Smart Home) and Winter Haven (Blog Cabin), I'm going to have a lot to keep me busy!

TwoCorgis on November 21, 2013 at 3:11 pm
    • I am so sorry to hear about your dad TwoCorgis. It will be tough to get through the holidays, but we'll all be here to help you through if need be. So cool about your family line and ties to this area! What a great adventure this will be.^_^

amberPA on November 21, 2013 at 5:50 pm
    • Thank you, amberPA. The blog family is so kind and supportive. We're going to have so much fun together helping to renovate this home!

TwoCorgis on November 21, 2013 at 5:59 pm
    • TwoCorgis, did you see the french doors in the quick glimpse….love that! I hope they will be able to salvage a lot of the original character of the house.

amberPA on November 21, 2013 at 6:02 pm
  3. Looks like this will be another exciting year to watch and enjoy. It was so relaxing last year to stop by and enjoy the view.

peachdoctor on November 21, 2013 at 2:11 pm
  4. Thank you Kayla! You've kept it quite interesting so far and we can see this cabin is going to be great! Quite the project! Good luck Grundy et al! Can't wait to watch the process… :)

Macusina on November 21, 2013 at 2:12 pm
    • Hey Mari, i'd love to win this so I can trade you.:);)

540sam on November 21, 2013 at 4:44 pm
    • Hi Sam,
      Wishing you good luck in wining this one. However, I am most pleased with mine :)
      Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
      Mari.

Macusina on November 22, 2013 at 2:45 pm
    • Oh well:( Happy turkey to you and yours also.:)

540sam on November 22, 2013 at 3:02 pm
    • You can not compare the ocean to any lake. The ocean is alive and full of soul. I still love your home best of all

Straybird on November 22, 2013 at 7:46 pm
  5. This is going to be a great project and I really look forward to seeing what happens! Reminds me so much of my Grandparents house!

stlmom1 on November 21, 2013 at 2:36 pm
  6. HI all! I'm a newbie here but have followed on TV. Now that we have the house what is the usual timeframe or progression of this project? When will this be on TV, when will we vote on décor, etc.?
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to following more closely this year!
    also this is approx. 1 hr east of my place now. Beautiful area!

jess on November 21, 2013 at 2:47 pm
    • We vote on everything that Josh Temple, Alison Victoria, Anitra Mecadon, Matt Blashaw, and Jason Cameron, put in or on the outside of the home. By the way we also vote on Siding, Roofing Materials, Floors, Palete. Etc. Get ready to vote.

Deborah Maness on November 21, 2013 at 3:48 pm
    • Hi Jess,
      and welcome. The announcements for votes will be on the main BC website but stay tuned on the blog for all the latest. All vote announcements appear here first.
      Since you live so near, maybe you can help us with the local goings-on.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on November 21, 2013 at 9:53 pm
  7. Oh DIY, what a project! Guess we're already traveling. Look at photo 4. Please don't lose those cats. Are these two black metal cats with marble eyes? If so, I have four exactly the same and have always longed for more. I hang mine in windows for Halloween and they play where they please the rest of the year. I'm hoping they find a very special place at Blog Cabin 2014.

I'm hoping to win this one and reunite the cats.

ChicagoBirder on November 21, 2013 at 3:08 pm
  8. I see so much potential in this older home – can't wait to follow along.

Terri on November 21, 2013 at 3:10 pm
  9. That is a beautiful spot.

Denise Robinson on November 21, 2013 at 3:28 pm
  10. Wow that is a pretty big house to move. Picture # 30 shows what looks like the old ironing board coming out of the wall in the kitchen. Fixtures are interesting and I too love all the windows and ventilation. A lot of work is needed

Straybird on November 21, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    • I agree A LOT however this time probably got the house for nothing (save town demo costs) and was able to purchase 5 acres @ a reasonable price so they should have a substantial budget to work with? ^_^

COOLSMILEY on November 21, 2013 at 4:10 pm
    • Hi COOLSMILEY, I am still missing our cabin on the ocean but this home sure looks interesting just bigger than what I really need

Straybird on November 21, 2013 at 9:55 pm
    • If the bloggers who appear to have located the house and the new plot I believe both combined cost considerably less than $100,000. My guess is that moving the house will be as costly as buying it. ;)

AnniesOwn on November 21, 2013 at 10:13 pm
    • Oops! That should have read … If the bloggers who appear to have located the house and the new plot are correct I believe both combined cost considerably less than $100,000. My guess is that moving the house will be as costly as buying it. :$ That should also mean plenty of $$$ left in the budget for some terrific upgrades. :D

AnniesOwn on November 21, 2013 at 10:16 pm