Nov 21

Explore the Blog Cabin 2014 Location

It’s finally time to announce the location of Blog Cabin 2014. You all have been so incredibly patient, but I won’t leave you waiting any longer. Watch our exclusive announcement video, then browse through “before the renovation” photos to get a tour of the home at this very moment.

Enjoy! I can’t wait to hear what you all think!

Editor’s Note: I’m so glad you all love the location of Blog Cabin 2014 and are enthusiastic about discovering more about the home. But, we must remove any comments that mention addresses out of pure respect and privacy of neighbors. Please keep this in mind as you continue to comment now and on future posts. Thank you, and keep the wonderful comments flowing in.

• Posted at 10:15 am on November 11, 2013

1. Laurie, very interesting house with a lot of work needed. Charming bedroom and dining room furniture
    So much can be done with this home, very exciting. Now where is it going?

Straybird on November 21, 2013 at 12:02 pm
  2. O.K. !!! Let me look at before photos & I'll be back !!

gremol on November 21, 2013 at 12:22 pm
  3. Fantastic! This is going to be an even greater beauty when finished. This is going to be fun fun fun!
    I love this house already.
    WCG

Wind Chime Girl on November 21, 2013 at 12:32 pm
  4. Polk County is good size — and Grundy says they're moving it across the county! So our Blog Cabin is moving from Winter Haven to its new undisclosed lakeside location? Not sure if I've gotten that right.

Maybe I should have breakfast first and then it'll all make sense to me! Besides, I need time to browse through all those "Before" photos.

DBCoop on November 21, 2013 at 12:41 pm
    • That is what I go to. Then they say lakeside in WH. The house right now is on Lake Eloise not far from Legoland.

Kathi Latimer on November 21, 2013 at 2:22 pm
    • I believe the house is in Dundee (not on Lake Eloise) and they will be moving it 5 miles to Lake Hamilton according to some research I have done. Can't wait to see:) I live in the area.

CHS on November 22, 2013 at 1:11 pm
    • I think I recall Grundy saying that it is just 5 minutes from downtown Winter Haven…..so it can't be too far out of town.

RLD on November 21, 2013 at 2:58 pm
    • It's Moving from Dundee Fl

Mal Shepherd on November 25, 2013 at 5:06 pm
    • Dundee and Winter Haven are both in Polk County

58reaches on April 7, 2014 at 1:56 pm
  5. Again, Kayla I meant to say "this is gonna be great Kayla!!!!! not ? See I have been looking for lakes in that area hahahahahaha I have never seen soooo many lakes in one area!!!! WOW! Okay I am better now.<3:D;)

Sheri McNamara on November 21, 2013 at 12:41 pm
  6. If you really must know — from a study published (revised in 2007) by Joe Spann, Library Manager, Bartow, Florida titled "The Naming of Lakes in Polk County."

There are said to be 381 lakes in Polk County! Of which a number are either dry or merely seasonal ponds. Names usually came from the folks who first lived on the land around them. Other names are typical of the local flora and fauna found, while some are quite amusing. http://www.polk.wateratlas.usf.edu/upload/documen

Now back to checking out all the cool nooks and crannies of the next Blog Cabin — and breakfast.

DBCoop on November 21, 2013 at 12:45 pm
  7. I just zipped thru the pictures and I really like this old place. It has a few 'owies', but it has so much character. The DIY design team is probably loving this fixer-upper, so many possibilities. Now I can't wait to see what they've come up with.
    WCG

Wind Chime Girl on November 21, 2013 at 12:53 pm
  8. So happy to hear the news. Funny that the name of the town is Winter Haven but the weather is warm and sunny all year around. This will be a great location for those of us who enjoy warm weather and outdoor activities, especially water sports.
    When does the voting begin? I look forward to learning more about this home.

Summer on November 21, 2013 at 12:53 pm
    • It was named because it was a haven to everyone who traveled there to escape the cold northern winters. ;-)

TwoCorgis on November 21, 2013 at 2:20 pm
    • If u didn't , I was gonna ;) A haven from winter, hence Winter haven!

COOLSMILEY on November 21, 2013 at 4:05 pm
    • 'Snow Birds' flock to Florida and other southern locales for the winter. Hence, a Haven from Winter, like TC and Smiley said. And they come in all sizes of RV's, campers and many have rented/owned condos. They are like any other migratory species – they go back to the same 'Winter Haven' every year after year after year, etc. They boost the local economy, have their fun, and are gone in the spring for their annual migration North. It's something to behold.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on November 21, 2013 at 9:44 pm
    • Freezing rain and fog warning in my neighborhood "warm and sunny"…….Thank you very much!

Marcella on January 5, 2014 at 8:12 pm
  9. I'm so excited! The house is an absolute treasure right now. I'm a sucker for nostalgia. I am in love with getting to see these talented guys turn it into a Home! It has so many fantastical intricacies that can embellish the updated version. I live about 75 mins away so I may make a trip or two over to catch a glimpse of its loveliness. If I can pull it off, I'll venture that way next week and grab some footage of the local feel. I have been a renter all my life. We were just discussing moving closer to WDW and getting passes so we could pop over whenever. It would be an added pleasure to own rather than rent. Legoland is within mins and WDW is a 35 min drive. If you add that to the home-to-be, the scenic town, lakeside fun and the ocean is an hour away, it equals a dream come true!

friendtrails on November 21, 2013 at 1:28 pm
    • friendtrails, you must share your photos with us. If you can get a photo account, we can all view what you can glean from your travels to the area. We are always looking for someone local to keep us updated even more than DIY will or can.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on November 21, 2013 at 9:48 pm
  10. Just like I told you all last week…..Winter Haven Florida.
    I'm a good guesser. ;)

onemanpraying on November 21, 2013 at 1:29 pm
    • You are a good detective…:)

Macusina on November 21, 2013 at 2:13 pm
    • I knew I had read Winter Haven, FL in one of the comments. Good call!

elfie on November 22, 2013 at 1:56 am