Nov 20

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Coming Soon!

I’ve given you three clues now. Either you’re feeling confident in your guesses, or you’re scratching your head in perplexity. It’s OK, folks! You’re less than 24 hours away from the big location reveal of Blog Cabin 2014! In the meantime, I figured I’d tide you over with this year’s logo.

Blog Cabin 2014 Logo

Lakeside … now doesn’t that sound nice?! Although this isn’t technically a clue, its wording may alter your predictions. Let me know what you’re thinking.

• Posted at 11:55 am on November 11, 2013

1. The 2nd BC was by a beautiful Lake, I really liked that it was so close to the water. But it had too many rules. and a very small lot.

vicki_in_Utah on November 20, 2013 at 8:44 pm
    • And a very high price for a BC. But it was a great log house and we probably had the most blogging fun ever, especially with our blogger on the spot, Helen. Then there was Ahmed and his great communication and responses to the bloggers. Do you remember the nail gun incident. A classic 'How not to" moment. Glad he healed fast. :)

Still my favorite is #1, the Kinzel Springs cabin. A true mountain log cabin. I was in the vicinity last year while on a trout fishing trip and went to have a look. Sadly, it was for sale again. Apparently the 4th time since it was won and sold almost immediately in 2007. It was tempting but there are hundreds of beautiful short sales and foreclosures up in those Mts. that were built in the last boom and are now empty. Whole developments for sale for a song. The local economy which isn't the most affluent by a long way is having to cope with yet another hit.

Clive on November 20, 2013 at 9:07 pm
    • I remember poor Ahmed, and the nail gun. But I really liked watching that year. The man cave was great too. and The twins were so funny.

But I agree the first was the best.

vicki_in_Utah on November 21, 2013 at 12:16 am
  2. Hi Kayla,
    I wanted to tell say thank you. All three clues and the hint made for some interesting reading and conversation:D The logo looks beautiful, and the Lakeside hint is great. I have done so much reading, I haven't blogged very much. I'm sure that will change tomorrow. Good night to everyone. Thanks again Kayla, I predict a fabulous Blog Cabin season.:*

Sheri McNamara on November 20, 2013 at 9:48 pm
  3. Wellll. Lake Harris does have a Banana point, Oak Bend, Orange Blossom estates and, maybe an omen I'll win this year, a Wisconsin & Michigan Shores. ;) xD:)

Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
    I love ya Tomorrow!
    You're always
    A day
    A way! :D

Clive on November 20, 2013 at 10:10 pm
  4. At least we know now the BC 2014 is lakeside. It has been fun discovering the geography of Florida while pondering the location clues. With so many Florida lakes though to choose from… I;m still trying to figure out the exact location. Whatever… we will all get the great reveal tomorrow! Thanks Kayla and fellow bloggers for all the fun so far.

Petraathen on November 20, 2013 at 11:34 pm
  5. Now, I'm thinking Lake Harris sounds like a great guess. However, Lake Tarpon is near me with all those clues out and about. Blog Cabin would fit in near the Sponge Docks. Vintage little Greek town, lots of wonderful adventures around and a lovely place to live :)

friendtrails on November 21, 2013 at 12:12 am
  6. Hi Kayla! That is an awesome looking logo for our new Blog Cabin! I can hardly wait to see if it will really be here in Florida! If it is, and I win this year, I won't have very far to move! It has always been my dream to live on the water. See you soon for the announcement!! <3 Jill

jchristie24 on November 21, 2013 at 12:39 am
  7. beautiful lake……….lovely picture…….

twoTERRIERs on November 21, 2013 at 1:59 am
  8. Kayla !! It is Thursday !! Although it may be 12:20a.m. CST here in good old Fla. and you are probably all snuggled in your comfy bed, I'm anxiously awaiting the big announcement !!

gremol on November 21, 2013 at 2:21 am
  9. Lakeside! Great. My boat is in the back yard on its' trailer for the Michigan winter….so we're ready to take it south for a new berth at a BC dock.

RLD on November 21, 2013 at 9:35 am