Nov 19

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue Three

So, some of you have gotten so close it’s scary. So close that your map pin would be right on top of Blog Cabin 2014. But I like to stay one step ahead, so that’s all I’m saying. Now, for clue number three:

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue Three

Other than, perhaps, making you salivate or wish you were spending the afternoon outdoors, what could this third hint mean? Try digging below the surface. Maybe the fruit’s hue is significant? Or maybe you need to dig into the history books to crack this one? Or maybe we’re heading to the El Dorado State this time around? Only time will tell…

Keep sharing your guesses, and check back Thursday for the location reveal of Blog Cabin 2014!

Missed the first two hints? Play the guessing game with us!

• Posted at 2:39 pm on November 11, 2013

1. Winter Haven, FL

Nancy Winchell on November 21, 2013 at 8:14 pm
  2. Well my original guess was coast of Louisiana, but now I guess it's Georgia or Florida

Aaron on November 21, 2013 at 8:14 pm
  3. I think thats a Georga peach,so I say Georga.

Beverly Ross on November 21, 2013 at 9:09 pm
  4. I'm guessing Port Orange, FL? That's on the Atlantic side on the Halifax River…

Cyn on November 21, 2013 at 11:00 pm
  5. Looks like Winter Garden, Fla

Robert Henning on November 22, 2013 at 1:10 am
  6. Dade County Florida

Dee on November 22, 2013 at 4:49 pm
  7. Reading everyone's speculations about location and the history of oranges and ponce de Leon. Just cracks me up, what caught my attention was chain of lakes, so I thought of Wisconsin, but am delighted to find out it is in Florida and near the happiest place on earth, Disney world. It's my happy place anyway.
    The pictures of the cottage as it stands now reminds me in many ways of out cottage on silver lake in Wisconsin.the ceiling tiles were the same as was the cabinet latches on the bottom cabinets in the kitchen. I just love the vintage-chic chandelier in the dining room it should not go to waste and the wagon wheel outside should be hung on a porch by chains as a nautical-type chandelier, maybe..

Shawn spors-jahnke on November 24, 2013 at 11:01 pm
  8. I think Florida. Oranges, Spainish moss, and lake view.

Winfield, TN on January 7, 2014 at 11:08 am
  9. Knowing that the blog cabin is on Lake Hamilton, I opened up a Google satellite map for Lake Hamilton, Winter Haven FL. Then, when I opened up the video tour of the garden spot I rotated it around until I found the neighbor's RV in the drive way. Using the street view feature of Google maps, I looked for the same RV in the driveways around the lake and found the exact location of the Blog Cabin. The satellite pictures are dated 2011, and the lot the Blog Cabin is now on is vacant. Hint, it's in the NW section, posting the exact address is not allowed.

Elizabeth on August 3, 2014 at 9:31 am