Nov 19

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue Three

So, some of you have gotten so close it’s scary. So close that your map pin would be right on top of Blog Cabin 2014. But I like to stay one step ahead, so that’s all I’m saying. Now, for clue number three:

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue Three

Other than, perhaps, making you salivate or wish you were spending the afternoon outdoors, what could this third hint mean? Try digging below the surface. Maybe the fruit’s hue is significant? Or maybe you need to dig into the history books to crack this one? Or maybe we’re heading to the El Dorado State this time around? Only time will tell…

Keep sharing your guesses, and check back Thursday for the location reveal of Blog Cabin 2014!

Missed the first two hints? Play the guessing game with us!

• Posted at 2:39 pm on November 11, 2013

1. Orange Lake, Florida

Lulubelle13 on November 19, 2013 at 4:24 pm
  2. Kayla's comment was a pin could be dropped on it. Remember BC 2013 wasn't even near the announced location of New Bern, not even the same county but about an hour away. So if we would have had a guessing game then with pics and clues of New Bern we would still be looking for it. Hopefully the clues are closer to the 2014 location.:)

540sam on November 19, 2013 at 4:32 pm
  3. Orange County Florida on a lake

Love Florida on November 19, 2013 at 4:35 pm
  4. I'm sticking with my original guess of somewhere on the Louisiana or East Texas coast. My favorite is still somewhere on Lake Pontchartrain or the Intracoastal Waterway.
    Reasons are the banana, sea oat grass and live oak are all found there (and many other places) but the first clue drew our attention to the wildlife as well as the foliage. I’m guessing that the bird on the dock railing is a cormorant and by its long tail it has to be a Neotropic cormorant. They’re only found from Louisiana along the Texas coast to Mexico and further south – not Florida.
    Lake Pontchartrain is close to New Orleans which derives its name from the French City, Orleans, which means ‘golden area’ (gold could be considered the ‘hue’ of an orange – the wording of the 3rd clue).
    The water and dock look to be either a lake or estuary and there was the brief video (so I’m told) of Grundy enjoying himself on a speedboat on a large body of water that wasn’t the sea. The video had a caption about the Blog Cabin 2014.
    Just connecting a lot of random dots and I’m probably way off but it’s fun to speculate. ;)

Clive on November 19, 2013 at 4:36 pm
    • yes we should not forget the sea oat grass………..

twoterriers on November 19, 2013 at 6:08 pm
    • Hi Clive ! I think you are correct with Louisiana ! All the clues seem to point to there.
      I am glad to be back on the blog. Having trouble with my computer. Best to all ,Nan ;) <3 ;) <3

Nan on November 19, 2013 at 8:54 pm
    • Hi Clive, where's the video of Grundy on a large body of water?

Lessie on November 19, 2013 at 9:43 pm
    • Hi Lessie! I was the one who blogged about Grundy's boat ride. It was on his facebook page but has since been removed! Perhaps a little too much was shown in tbe video. It looked like a big lake and also lime it was windy that day. Here in Florida, we had several days of high winds so tbat made me thi.k that he was down here!!! Oh well, we will find out tomorrow!! B)

jchristie24 on November 21, 2013 at 1:01 am
    • East Texas has no oranges, or Bananas. East Texas has Spanish moss around Caddo Lake in Marshall, Texas, as well as plenty of Live Oaks.

Deborah Maness on November 20, 2013 at 7:25 pm
    • Of Course I was completely wrong. No Neotropic cormorant in that photo despite my wanting it to be.

We're off to Lake Hamilton in Winter Haven, Florida for BC 2014. :D

Clive on November 21, 2013 at 11:27 pm
  5. Everything I've ever known about Florida orange trees but thought it wouldn't ever come in handy until now: Early Spanish explorers like Ponce de Leon planted the first orange trees around St. Augustine, Florida in the early to mid 16th century. By the 19th century, orange groves were found around Tampa and have since continued their journey southward. Florida now produces more oranges than any region other than Brazil.

The orange is the state fruit of the Sunshine State, and its juice the state beverage. And of course, when thinking of the color orange, it's been mentioned that Orlando is in Orange County, as is the town of Winter Park. Hmm?

Something tells me we might be heading to Florida, but where exactly? Only Kayla and a few dozen other DIY folks know for sure. Guess we'll find out any day now!

DBCoop on November 19, 2013 at 4:45 pm
    • I agree !! We shall know on Thursday !!

gremol on November 19, 2013 at 9:06 pm
    • Is it Thursday yet? It must be Thursday by now somewhere in the world!

While we're on the subject of begging, do you think we could get Kayla to pull out that map pin for a minute or two. We promise not to check to see where the pinhole is….

DBCoop on November 20, 2013 at 1:58 am
  6. Ok my first guess was northwest Florida and yes oranges do grow here, rarely. But now I am thinking on Lake Tohopekaliga, in Kissimmee, because most citrus has been pushed to the southern part of the state. Although Indian River was a good guess too.

Carrie on November 19, 2013 at 4:59 pm
  7. I'm going with the Gulf Coast. The orange says Florida, so maybe the Florida panhandle. Could also be Mississippi or Alabama coast.

Carol Ann on November 19, 2013 at 5:04 pm
  8. Taking a stab (mixed with a little prayer)…..Amelia Island, FL!!???!!!

JHJ on November 19, 2013 at 5:12 pm
  9. Okay one last shot for carolina…….el dorado plantation near charleston….you can grown oranges in SC with great care….the color of this orange must have something to do with it?????

twoterriers on November 19, 2013 at 5:19 pm
    • gotta bring all our SC votes to the top

twoterriers on November 20, 2013 at 10:40 am