Nov 18

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue Two

Happy Monday, all. It looks like my first Blog Cabin 2014 location clue had all of your brains churning. Some of you are right on target, while others just need to make a quick U-turn to get back on track. Maybe another clue will help?

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue Two

Does this regionally prominent tree change your guess at all? Or, has it simply confirmed your suspicions? Let’s liven up this Monday with some conversation! Toss out some guesses.

Your third and final clue will be here tomorrow.

• Posted at 12:00 pm on November 11, 2013

1. Looks like the tree from the movie "Eve's Bayou". Louisiana?

ladybyrd on November 18, 2013 at 1:57 pm
    • Louisiana was the first place I thought of.

Eugenia27 on November 18, 2013 at 4:09 pm
  2. Making a U-turn.

StormyWV on November 18, 2013 at 1:58 pm
  3. Okay I am going to go with Georgia or LA and a nice catfish dinner , Savannah would be lovely!

Straybird on November 18, 2013 at 2:04 pm
  4. Live Oaks dripping Spanish Moss are a regionally prominent tree all over the coastal south! Visit a Maritime forest, garden or Park in NC, SC, GA, LA and FL, and often times it is front and center for it's regal beauty.

Like Pat Conroy, low-country author of Prince of Tides opened that wonderful novel saying, "My wound is geography. It is also my anchorage, my port of call."

This blogger still sees what she wants to see, a Live Oak in SC <3

Mel on November 18, 2013 at 2:05 pm
    • Uh huh!:DB)

SID on November 18, 2013 at 6:39 pm
  5. Hello to everyone. This is my first attempt at guessing the location. I think it may be the Florida Keys?! The oak trees with and without moss(mostly with moss) are all over Florida along with the old dock and blue waters remind me of Florida. Also, Kayla mentioned the little phrase "diving in" around clue #1. I can't think of a better area of diving than the Keys, and there are many beautiful reefs. Of course that's a wild guess, but what do you all think???

Sheri McNamara on November 18, 2013 at 2:14 pm
    • I don't know that much about the Keys. I know that Florida has a lot of live oak trees but I'm not sure about the Keys.

Eugenia27 on November 18, 2013 at 4:11 pm
    • I think you defended your guess well, Sheri! So glad you joined in.

Lessie on November 18, 2013 at 8:40 pm
    • Thank you so much Lessie. I'm having a great time. Slowly learning computers 101 and meeting many fantastic people makes for lots of laughs and smiles . This is awesome.:D

Sheri McNamara on November 18, 2013 at 11:05 pm
    • I agree with you anyone who has been to the Florida Keys would remember those trees and their are docks everywhere and scuba diving I'm really anxious to see if it is there. Always wanted to live there.

Marlene Kaiser on November 19, 2013 at 12:23 am
    • There is good diving in the keys, though many of us prefer the Jupiter/Boyton Beach areas for diving, then there are the cave divers, for which Florida, inland, is quite the Mecca. Kind of like NC is for wreck diving. Hey, as long as there is water near the next BC, I am excited!

Lulubelle13 on November 19, 2013 at 1:59 pm
  6. While we're dreaming of Carolina in the morning — the scenic Winter Park, Florida area surrounds a group of lakes including Lake Osceola and features winding brick streets and a canopy of old Southern Live Oak and Camphor trees draped with Spanish Moss.

It'd be nice to have a cozy lakefront Blog Cabin in Winter Park, Florida, but the neighborhood might be slightly out of the DIY budget: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/110-Osceola-Ct-

No matter. Mint Juleps can be served anywhere on a hot, humid southeastern afternoon, either comfortably settled into a porch swing or dreaming away a lazy day dockside.

With Kayla's third clue coming right along tomorrow, we might be able to close in on our next adventure before you can say "Y'all excited yet?"

DBCoop on November 18, 2013 at 2:15 pm
    • That is … All Y'all

Glad you found pictures of my house. LOL :)

Eugenia27 on November 18, 2013 at 4:15 pm
    • We'll be neighbors Eugenia! Looking forward to visiting your beautiful home! :)

Lessie on November 18, 2013 at 8:47 pm
    • I'll take a Blog Cabin in Winter Park, Florida Coop. Nice neighborhood. :)

Lessie on November 18, 2013 at 8:46 pm
    • DBCoop, are you the one who scopes out the properties for the Dream Home, Smart Home and the Blog Cabin???? You certainly know your way around real estate!! :p B)

jchristie24 on November 19, 2013 at 1:32 am
    • Wouldn't that be a fun "job," traveling around the countryside scoping out awesome locations for all of HGTV's and DIY's home giveaways? The most difficult part would be deciding between several of the leading contenders — and balancing all the complex challenges that each site would entail to bring the most enticing dream to fruition.

Budget permitting, I'd be sorely tempted to take them all.

DBCoop on November 19, 2013 at 12:34 pm
    • That would be my "dream job" if I ever were to come out of retirement! I still think you have a lot of good insider information however, I tend to read way to much between the lines!! Lol!! :|

jchristie24 on November 19, 2013 at 12:44 pm
  7. The only place I have heard of that has this moss on trees is in a book I read (can't think of the name) was in Louisiana. but from all you other bloggers, it seems the consensus is Georgia? It is very definitely not in Utah, Nv, Az.or Ca. LOL

vicki_in_Utah on November 18, 2013 at 2:29 pm
  8. What about Angel Oak near Charleston, SC?

Pam on November 18, 2013 at 2:46 pm
    • Being on Team SC your deciphering of Kayla's clue fits nicely with my 21014 BC dream!
      Strong work Pam :p

Mel on November 18, 2013 at 3:07 pm
  9. Historically Blog Cabin locations have been in small rural towns, with small populations. Savannah, Ga is Georgia's second largest city, and only behind Atlanta in population. I think Savannah is a beautiful coastal town, but I believe it's population is to large for a Blog Cabin location.
    On the other hand BC focuses quite a bit on history, and Savannah does have an impressive amount of that…
    so here goes my scientific process for knowing the "it" location of BC 2014
    "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe….and my toes are labeled SC, NC, GA, FL and LA…. I might do this two out of three times to get the "it" to match up to my "want"

Mel on November 18, 2013 at 2:56 pm
    • Don't give up on Savannah, GA just yet, Mel. The surrounding area has plenty of intriguing Blog Cabin potential. Here's one example for a DIY makeover to consider: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2110-East-Blvd-

We're headin' South where Live Oaks grow
      We'll name each state, count toe by toe
      But 'xactly where — I sure don't know!

DBCoop on November 18, 2013 at 4:15 pm
    • Wonderful Coop<3

Mel on November 18, 2013 at 4:38 pm
    • That's the best scientific process ever, Mel. They all work for me.

Lessie on November 18, 2013 at 8:49 pm
  10. Both Live Oak and Spanish Moss are native from Virginia to Texas. As for the Banana in clue 1, I can grow a couple species even here in Kansas City, albeit as herbaceous perennials.
    Gulf Coast or South East Coast are as close as I can get from Kayla's clues.
    I've lived in North Florida and fell in love with the huge evergreen oaks dripping with moss and crawling with ferns.

KCDigger on November 18, 2013 at 3:10 pm