Nov 18

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue Two

Happy Monday, all. It looks like my first Blog Cabin 2014 location clue had all of your brains churning. Some of you are right on target, while others just need to make a quick U-turn to get back on track. Maybe another clue will help?

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue Two

Does this regionally prominent tree change your guess at all? Or, has it simply confirmed your suspicions? Let’s liven up this Monday with some conversation! Toss out some guesses.

Your third and final clue will be here tomorrow.

• Posted at 12:00 pm on November 11, 2013

1. I'm still on team South Carolina! I hope that beautiful tree dripping Spanish moss is on the property, how beautiful.

Mel on November 18, 2013 at 12:46 pm
    • I'm with you Mel, sure hope we're right!

SID on November 18, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Susan on November 19, 2013 at 11:53 am
    • i believe it is in the South also, maybe Louisana, Alabama, or Mississippi, any of those would be Home for my family !!!!!! NO NO it's gotta be Florida !!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan on November 19, 2013 at 12:13 pm
    • I'm thinking Georgia

Lynchbe on January 4, 2014 at 2:38 pm
  2. It looks like it's in the south. I've been to almost every state in the US, but no southern states other than Kentucky. It will be fun to learn more about the region. South Carolina sounds reasonable. Or maybe Georgia? Can't wait to find out!

TwoCorgis on November 18, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    • How can you say you've been to almost every state, then admit to visiting only one southern state? After all, there are many southern states…

amyd on November 18, 2013 at 9:10 pm
    • amyd, perhaps I should be more specific. I have visited 36 states, but have not yet had the pleasure of VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, TN, LA, TX, OK, AR, HI and AK. It is odd that most of the states I skipped have been in the south. Oh, and my mother says that I have been to VA (twice) and FL, but I don't remember VA (I was 2 the first time and asleep in the car the second) and I was only in the airport in FL, so it doesn't count. ;-) I apologize if "almost every" was misleading.

TwoCorgis on November 19, 2013 at 12:11 am
  3. Looks like a tree on my favorite drive down at the beach on Panama City, FL.

grswla on November 18, 2013 at 12:58 pm
    • Hey, I live on the east side of P.C.,,,,,in Callaway !!

gremol on November 18, 2013 at 3:59 pm
    • My friend from college and I hit all the consignment shops down there as well as beach and eat, and the one in Callaway is always on our list approx. 2 times a year for years now. You are so blessed to live down at the beach!

grswla on November 18, 2013 at 4:37 pm
    • Thing is, most of us locals eschew the beaches !! Only the young folk go out there to 'hang' during Spring Break !! We old timers go to the mostly unknown (for the time being) place south of P.C. called Mexico Beach, or north to the Sand Hills to swim in pure, crystal clear, mineral waters of the hundreds of ponds located there !! Panama City is a 'swimmers' delight !!!

gremol on November 19, 2013 at 1:01 am
    • Thanks for the info! I got excited when I read your info and called my friend that lives two states away that I go to the beach with to let her know. Literally look forward to the next beach trip all year long. Love the beach!

Naomi Markham on November 19, 2013 at 10:16 am
  4. I think we are def in the south perhaps Savannah GA? Can't wait for the next clue!

SJo13 on November 18, 2013 at 1:00 pm
  5. Anywhere from South Carolina to Fla. But definitely not mountains, either piedmont or shore.

540sam on November 18, 2013 at 1:10 pm
  6. I'm sure it's not a Joshua Tree (yucca brevifolia) so it can't be the S CA high desert….

DBCoop on November 18, 2013 at 1:11 pm
    • Good call Coop! Definitely worth a yuk or two! ^_^

EdinOregon on November 18, 2013 at 8:40 pm
  7. Hmm, a gnarled old Oak tree laden with Spanish Moss. It looks suspiciously Southern, doesn't it, like something from Gone With the Wind or Steel Magnolias, even Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

This DIY Blog Cabin story, however, will definitely have a great cast of characters and a riveting plot — once we settle on the location.

Now if we could just find that tree on Google Earth….

DBCoop on November 18, 2013 at 1:30 pm
    • Looks like a " Live Oak" tree to me.

Mel on November 18, 2013 at 1:36 pm
    • Like me, it appears to have some age on it, but it's definitely "Live," although thankfully I move around too much to gather any moss.

DBCoop on November 18, 2013 at 1:44 pm
    • Hee hee Coop you might not be gathering any moss, but with your wit & wisdom on the blogs you are certainly gathering fans!

Mel on November 18, 2013 at 1:54 pm
    • Too funny!

Lessie on November 18, 2013 at 8:33 pm
    • Ok Coop, how about this tree?? http://www.city-data.com/picfilesc/picc11491.php

jchristie24 on November 18, 2013 at 6:12 pm
    • That tree is definitely no slouch in the Spanish Moss department, jchristie, but the, well, slouching building in the background doesn't look so Blog Cabin worthy, does it?!

DBCoop on November 18, 2013 at 6:48 pm
  8. Well I'll jump in. Georgia State Tree=Live Oak. I'm jumping on board with Savannah, Georgia, I'm on my way and craving some fried cat fish. I'll be doing a quick hop off 95 S and stopping at Loves. Right on the river.

Ashtabulannie on November 18, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    • I think you are correct. GA's state tree..

RitaANewYorker on November 18, 2013 at 2:57 pm
    • I have read several books about Savannah, I would love for it to be there. So much rich history. I remember my dad cooking up fried cat fish. Can't wait for tomorrows clue.

Eugenia27 on November 18, 2013 at 4:08 pm
    • I love Savannah. It's beautiful.

Lessie on November 18, 2013 at 8:35 pm
    • I think you may be right – Savannah, Georgia. I have only been there once, but it is beautiful!

vagrammie3 on November 18, 2013 at 10:21 pm
  9. The Mississippi Gulf Coast. I hope it is in Bay St. Louis, MS. I would love to win a cabin there. It is a beautiful place.

dshuguet on November 18, 2013 at 1:47 pm
  10. Looks like a Live Oak with Spanish Moss. Now I'm thinking Georgia.

Windsmurf on November 18, 2013 at 1:51 pm