Nov 15

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue One

A special note from Mary: I’d like to thank you for being such a fun and supportive audience. It’s been my pleasure to blog with you over the past five years. It is now time for me to move on to new adventures. Although I must bid you farewell, I leave you in the capable hands of HGTV.com editor Kayla, who will be keeping you updated on the latest Blog Cabin developments. Kayla loves furniture with a history, her cat, D’Artagnan, and crafting with lots of glitter. If you read HGTV’s Design Happens blog, then I’m sure you recognize her — check out her posts here. Now, let’s hear from Kayla for her very first post!

Wow — talk about a warm introduction! Hi, everyone. I’m so happy to join the Blog Cabin community and interact with you all about the soon-to-be stunning home you’re going to get to know inside and out. I’ve always had a view of the Smoky Mountains from my window, so I’ve loved seeing past homes get a taste of mountain life, too. When it comes to location, I’ll always have a soft spot for Blog Cabin 2009‘s Asheville, N.C. surroundings. Design-wise, I find myself going back to the vintage-chic, waterfront home from 2011. I just want to cozy up with a glass of wine in that great room. Before we dive into this year’s home, let’s reminisce and get to know each other. From the first home in Kinzel Springs, Tenn. to this year’s Atlantic, N.C. residence, what’s your favorite Blog Cabin?

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue One

Now, let’s get right down to business. Thinking caps on. Here’s your first clue to uncover the location of Blog Cabin 2014. Take a look at the water, wildlife, foliage … what are they telling you? My lips are sealed, but I’m ready to see those comments!

Check back Monday for clue number two.

• Posted at 3:27 pm on November 11, 2013

1. Looks like the picture is the Gulf side of Florida to me. Possibly even Alabama. My favorite blog cabin is the one on Watts Bar Lake near Spring City TN. I would love for a future Blog Cabin to be built or rebuilt on Grand Lake near Grove Oklahoma.

Shari B in OK on November 15, 2013 at 10:45 pm
  2. It looks like a lake to me. it would be nice to have a beach to walk on or trails, and to be near a town with things to do and see. New Bern and Beaufort NC are great towns, a bit of a distance from the Blog Cabin 2013, but worth the drive. I think a 4 bedroom cabin would be great, room for all the family and friends who visit. Wherever it is, it will be fun to watch the process of building or rebuilding!

vagrammie3 on November 15, 2013 at 10:52 pm
  3. Kayla….welcome to Blog Cabin…..I hope you can beat Atlantic BC because that was my favorite….Mary, thank you for taking us on a magic ride and good luck on your future endeavours!!!

Maria on November 15, 2013 at 11:24 pm
  4. IF this year's Blog Cabin in the Southeast, I'm going to like it….it could be in NC again, and that is great since I live in this great state…if not, it could be anywhere from NC to FL.

Maria on November 15, 2013 at 11:26 pm
  5. Maybe the next Blog Cabin will be a few houses down from this extraordinary and very unique St. Augustine, FL waterside home: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/51-Water-St-Sai

Can you say colorful? Does this give you any DIY ideas?

DBCoop on November 16, 2013 at 12:56 am
    • Holy moley!! Color in an understatement!! St. Augustine is the perfect place for this house! I love love going tbere and boy, would I love to see this house!! The counter in the kitchen is the longest one I have ever seen!! Even the outside features the colorful and entertaining design that simply states St. Augustine, FL. Coop, would you ever live in a house like this??

jchristie24 on November 16, 2013 at 2:05 am
    • With its location, history and style, jchristie24, I could see myself living in that home. I'd have to tone down the interior furnishings a bit. Or a lot! But the house is an unusual beauty.

DBCoop on November 16, 2013 at 4:44 pm
    • wow you find the most amazing houses DBCoop. That looks tropical so maybe the 2014 BC is close by this house.

vicki_in_Utah on November 16, 2013 at 2:24 am
    • Just a thought: what if the next Blog Cabin was right around the corner from the Jacksonville Beach Smart Home on the intracoastal waterway? That would be something to smile about.

DBCoop on November 16, 2013 at 5:35 pm
    • Yes it would! Hopefully it would be closer to the water.

Lessie on November 16, 2013 at 7:20 pm
    • The marsh land looks similar to the picture Kayla gave us. Some how I can't picture a DIY worthy cabin next door to this colorful monstrosity.

Eugenia27 on November 16, 2013 at 4:29 pm
    • I think you're right, Eugenia. Chances are slim the next Blog Cabin would be a neighbor, but then the St. Augustine area would be a neat place for one.

DBCoop on November 16, 2013 at 4:40 pm
  6. I know from pictures that my parents took years ago that this has to be Florida Gulf Coast.

Deborah Maness on November 16, 2013 at 1:02 am
  7. My Favorite blog Cabin was Blog cabin 2011.

Deborah Maness on November 16, 2013 at 1:04 am
  8. Welcome Kayla! My favorite Blog cabin is from many years ago. It was on a lake and located on the Tennessee side of the Smoky Mountains. I can't remember the exact location. All the Blob Cabins have been great. I do enjoy every bit of the process from location clues… blog voting on design.. viewing the finished home… trying to win… to congrats to the winner.

Petraathen on November 16, 2013 at 1:53 am
  9. Looks like another dock fixer upper. I loved the dock/pier at the 2013 BC, so I hope this one will get a makeover too.

vicki_in_Utah on November 16, 2013 at 2:33 am
  10. Hi all, I.m new to blogging but have been entering and voting for the B.C.'s for a few years! Hope you all don.t mind if I blog along for this year! Thanks

debofsav on November 16, 2013 at 2:58 am
    • Welcome! Jump right in.

Eugenia27 on November 16, 2013 at 4:32 pm
    • Glad to have you join the party!:D

SID on November 16, 2013 at 6:38 pm
    • Glad to have you join us, Debofsav! I lurked and voted 2 years before I joined this Blog–it's been a great experience and I've made some wonderful Friends! Enjoy!:DxD Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on November 16, 2013 at 7:10 pm
    • So glad you decided to join us, Deb. Hope this is a great experience for you.

Lessie on November 16, 2013 at 7:23 pm
    • welcome and let's blog :)

Macusina on November 17, 2013 at 12:03 am
    • Thanks everyone for the warm welcome replies!! Maybe the new B.C. will be on Tybee Island, GA and I can keep an eye on it, as I live in Savannah! Thanks, Deb

debofsav on November 17, 2013 at 3:06 am