Nov 15

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue One

A special note from Mary: I’d like to thank you for being such a fun and supportive audience. It’s been my pleasure to blog with you over the past five years. It is now time for me to move on to new adventures. Although I must bid you farewell, I leave you in the capable hands of HGTV.com editor Kayla, who will be keeping you updated on the latest Blog Cabin developments. Kayla loves furniture with a history, her cat, D’Artagnan, and crafting with lots of glitter. If you read HGTV’s Design Happens blog, then I’m sure you recognize her — check out her posts here. Now, let’s hear from Kayla for her very first post!

Wow — talk about a warm introduction! Hi, everyone. I’m so happy to join the Blog Cabin community and interact with you all about the soon-to-be stunning home you’re going to get to know inside and out. I’ve always had a view of the Smoky Mountains from my window, so I’ve loved seeing past homes get a taste of mountain life, too. When it comes to location, I’ll always have a soft spot for Blog Cabin 2009‘s Asheville, N.C. surroundings. Design-wise, I find myself going back to the vintage-chic, waterfront home from 2011. I just want to cozy up with a glass of wine in that great room. Before we dive into this year’s home, let’s reminisce and get to know each other. From the first home in Kinzel Springs, Tenn. to this year’s Atlantic, N.C. residence, what’s your favorite Blog Cabin?

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue One

Now, let’s get right down to business. Thinking caps on. Here’s your first clue to uncover the location of Blog Cabin 2014. Take a look at the water, wildlife, foliage … what are they telling you? My lips are sealed, but I’m ready to see those comments!

Check back Monday for clue number two.

• Posted at 3:27 pm on November 11, 2013

1. Someone is clueless as to the location of BC 2013.
    It is in Atlantic, NC some 64 miles away from New Bern.

pinevalley on November 15, 2013 at 4:56 pm
    • You Got That Right!!!!! Atlantic is not even close to New Bern…
      My husband and I were the PA's for the 2013 Blog Cabin and loved every minute of it. What a beautiful place. GREAT JOB BY ALL.

Faye on November 15, 2013 at 6:03 pm
    • That's what I was about to say.

Peggi on November 15, 2013 at 7:53 pm
  2. I loved this year's blog cabin because of the incredible setting. Other than someplace warm :-) I defer to more knowledgeable posters for 2014's location based on this photo. The Gulf coast sounds great though.

Pamela on November 15, 2013 at 5:04 pm
  3. Savannah, GA

Norma on November 15, 2013 at 5:23 pm
  4. Welcome, Kayla! My favorite blog cabin was BC 2013 in Atlantic, NC. As for where this one is…I have no idea, but I would be thrilled if it was right next door to Mari and Ken. I'm just excited that it looks like there will be another dock for us to hang out on and enjoy some beverages, songs, and stories! I can't wait for the next clue!

TwoCorgis on November 15, 2013 at 5:32 pm
    • I would love another chance to win a home in Atlantic, NC and have Mari & Ken for neighbors!
      I enjoy your wit & energy Two :p

Mel on November 15, 2013 at 8:27 pm
    • Hi TwoCorgis! I too, love the Atlantic BC and would love to be Mari and Kens neighbors!! By the looks if the doc, water and foliage, it could very well be right there!! <3

jchristie24 on November 15, 2013 at 10:10 pm
    • Hi all! I've missed you. Two Corgis, I also was in love with the Atlantic, NC Blog Cabin 2013! It would be wonderfully fun if this 2014 Blog Cabin were just down the road from 2013. What a twist that would be! Hee-hee! What fun we'd all have again!

It does look like the 2014 is perhaps located at the shoreline again! Yahooooooo! Time to start jumping in the water again! I hope it is wonderfully warm and sunny! Maybe Georgia, South Carolina, or Florida.

Welcome to Kayla as well! We have such fun on here, it'll be great to get to know you.^_^

amberPA on November 17, 2013 at 9:18 am
    • Oh yeah, Mary we will miss you, you take care and hope to see you elsewhere…..many happy adventures to you!^_^

amberPA on November 17, 2013 at 9:20 am
    • Thanks for the welcome, amberPA. I'm happy to meet you :)

Kayla@HGTV on November 18, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    • Kayla, we can barely wait for tomorrow's next clue…..thank you for replying to us all….that is very kind of you! We will enjoy many happy days and nights (he-hee, we stay up all night sometimes on here…nutty bunch that we are!) blogging with you. Till tomorrow!^_^

amberPA on November 18, 2013 at 9:24 pm
    • Hi TwoCorgis – thanks for the welcome. More clues coming!

Kayla@HGTV on November 18, 2013 at 1:18 pm
  5. Yikes, I'm already way behind here. No one called while I was at the gym to tell me Kayla had posted our first wild goose chase clue. Guess I'll just have to try pedaling as fast as I can to catch up with the flock from heron out!

DBCoop on November 15, 2013 at 5:39 pm
    • Heron out – Har!

Wind Chime Girl on November 15, 2013 at 9:46 pm
    • WCG maybe that is another hint or is he just messin with us???. Lol

jchristie24 on November 15, 2013 at 10:02 pm
    • Just make sure you are not too Gull-ible….it's high time the 2014 BC has its Tern, so don't Frigate to keep checking in, Coop–you might Egret it ! ;)

LLColeman on November 16, 2013 at 3:36 am
    • LL, I do believe that bird is an egret. We have a lot of these in Florida…. Just sayin… :o

jchristie24 on November 16, 2013 at 4:02 am
    • Brilliant. That was mighty SWIFT of you, LLColeman!

Now it's a tough call trying to figure out the Blog Cabin location at this early stage of the chase, but if we put our heads together, maybe TOUCAN. And it's said this location is going to make us smile, in which case it's bound to be a site to CROW about.

Yep, it could be another jaw-dropping spot — whereupon caution is advised lest we unwittingly become a FLYCATCHER! Although one thing I know for sure, even if I CRANE my neck, I won't be able to see the Blog Cabin location from here!

At this point, I just might throw in a Georgia location for good measure. On a LARK, of course.

And now I'm going to DUCK outside so Terri and I can get in a walk and some sunshine before resuming our toils on this wild goose chase!

DBCoop on November 16, 2013 at 1:13 pm
    • Your post has really taken flight, Coop ! It has been a Wren-ching wait for a new thread. I almost thought Mary had "flown the coop", but I was mis-Stork-en….guess she will soon find a new nesting site. :p

LLColeman on November 17, 2013 at 1:05 am
    • As to Mary, LLColeman, Owl be disappointed if we don't hear a word or two down the road that she is indeed flourishing in her newest venture, for after all these years of much appreciated time and effort on our behalf, to not get even a hint that she is happily pursuing her dreams would be a hard pill to Swallow.

DBCoop on November 17, 2013 at 1:42 am
    • ;) B) a bird in the hand….

LLColeman on November 17, 2013 at 8:56 pm
    • Makes quite a mess. lol

Trish on November 19, 2013 at 2:55 pm
  6. HOWDY KAYLA!!
    My guess is that its right next door to the last one.

onemanpraying on November 15, 2013 at 5:51 pm
    • Wouldn't that be something? They could make it universal design. Everyone would be happy then. A nice ramp going up to the wrap around porch. DIY could make it look fantastic.
      Come on DIY show us your mad skills!

Eugenia27 on November 16, 2013 at 3:58 pm
    • Howdy back, onemanpraying! :D

Kayla@HGTV on November 18, 2013 at 1:20 pm
  7. Looks like here….the Fla Gulf Coast like Cedar Key

Beth on November 15, 2013 at 6:05 pm
  8. Louisiana

julie on November 15, 2013 at 6:07 pm
  9. Welcome Kayla. Anxious to see where you are taking us but I feel it may be a lake in the S E area, tropical in nature. We will be waiting for you on Monday. Thank you ????

Straybird on November 15, 2013 at 6:34 pm
    • My first and very favorite Blog Cabin was 2013 Atlantic, NC and I still love it. It was just perfect for me ???? it will be hard to beat that home

Straybird on November 17, 2013 at 9:13 am
    • Straybird – thanks for the welcome. More clues coming!

Kayla@HGTV on November 18, 2013 at 1:21 pm