Nov 15

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue One

A special note from Mary: I’d like to thank you for being such a fun and supportive audience. It’s been my pleasure to blog with you over the past five years. It is now time for me to move on to new adventures. Although I must bid you farewell, I leave you in the capable hands of HGTV.com editor Kayla, who will be keeping you updated on the latest Blog Cabin developments. Kayla loves furniture with a history, her cat, D’Artagnan, and crafting with lots of glitter. If you read HGTV’s Design Happens blog, then I’m sure you recognize her — check out her posts here. Now, let’s hear from Kayla for her very first post!

Wow — talk about a warm introduction! Hi, everyone. I’m so happy to join the Blog Cabin community and interact with you all about the soon-to-be stunning home you’re going to get to know inside and out. I’ve always had a view of the Smoky Mountains from my window, so I’ve loved seeing past homes get a taste of mountain life, too. When it comes to location, I’ll always have a soft spot for Blog Cabin 2009‘s Asheville, N.C. surroundings. Design-wise, I find myself going back to the vintage-chic, waterfront home from 2011. I just want to cozy up with a glass of wine in that great room. Before we dive into this year’s home, let’s reminisce and get to know each other. From the first home in Kinzel Springs, Tenn. to this year’s Atlantic, N.C. residence, what’s your favorite Blog Cabin?

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue One

Now, let’s get right down to business. Thinking caps on. Here’s your first clue to uncover the location of Blog Cabin 2014. Take a look at the water, wildlife, foliage … what are they telling you? My lips are sealed, but I’m ready to see those comments!

Check back Monday for clue number two.

• Posted at 3:27 pm on November 11, 2013

1. I think it is on the East coast of FL.

ggwm on November 22, 2013 at 3:14 pm
  2. Lakeside Calf. is my guess. Sunshine and oranges and cabin.

Sheila T on November 22, 2013 at 4:28 pm
  3. I am such a NEWBIE, this is a lot of firsts for me. First time watching Blog Cabin (loved it), first time blogging,(it took this old brain quite a while to figure out how to sign up) first time following clues to guess destinations. I'm loving this, but just a little slow…bear with me.

PearlsMom on November 23, 2013 at 9:03 am
  4. I LIVE IN ROSWELL N M — DRY AND BROWN — I AM READY TO MOVE WHERE THERE IS A LOT OF WATER AND THE LANDSCAPE IS LUSH AND GREEN..HAVE GRANDCHILDREN IN INTERLACHEN ,FLORIDA.. ALSO FRIENDS.. IF I WOULD WIN THIS ONE , I AM READY TO MOVE… TO WINTER HAVEN FLORIDA…AM REALLY INTERESTED IN HOW THIS IS DESIGNED.. I HAVE HAD 3 NEW HOMES AND DREW UP THE PLANS FOR ALL THREE, WHICH MY HUSBAND BUILT.. LAST TWO ARE ONE LEVEL… I HAVE ARTHRITIS—–/ GOOD WISHES TO ALL..

MURIEL on November 24, 2013 at 4:38 pm
  5. Living in the Virginia area, we always hear…if you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes. How true, yesterday I was treated to snow flurries! I would love to be somewhere warm! Best of luck to all in this contest.

PearlsMom on November 24, 2013 at 7:37 pm
  6. It looks like a Florida location near the gulf. We will see soon I hope.

Donna on December 29, 2013 at 5:57 pm
  7. We now know the location and can't wait for the renovations!

Cinn on January 6, 2014 at 11:58 am