Nov 15

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue One

A special note from Mary: I’d like to thank you for being such a fun and supportive audience. It’s been my pleasure to blog with you over the past five years. It is now time for me to move on to new adventures. Although I must bid you farewell, I leave you in the capable hands of HGTV.com editor Kayla, who will be keeping you updated on the latest Blog Cabin developments. Kayla loves furniture with a history, her cat, D’Artagnan, and crafting with lots of glitter. If you read HGTV’s Design Happens blog, then I’m sure you recognize her — check out her posts here. Now, let’s hear from Kayla for her very first post!

Wow — talk about a warm introduction! Hi, everyone. I’m so happy to join the Blog Cabin community and interact with you all about the soon-to-be stunning home you’re going to get to know inside and out. I’ve always had a view of the Smoky Mountains from my window, so I’ve loved seeing past homes get a taste of mountain life, too. When it comes to location, I’ll always have a soft spot for Blog Cabin 2009‘s Asheville, N.C. surroundings. Design-wise, I find myself going back to the vintage-chic, waterfront home from 2011. I just want to cozy up with a glass of wine in that great room. Before we dive into this year’s home, let’s reminisce and get to know each other. From the first home in Kinzel Springs, Tenn. to this year’s Atlantic, N.C. residence, what’s your favorite Blog Cabin?

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue One

Now, let’s get right down to business. Thinking caps on. Here’s your first clue to uncover the location of Blog Cabin 2014. Take a look at the water, wildlife, foliage … what are they telling you? My lips are sealed, but I’m ready to see those comments!

Check back Monday for clue number two.

• Posted at 3:27 pm on November 11, 2013

1. A big Thank you Mary for a lot of fun and interesting things along the way. I only got on board with Blog Cabin 2013.Loved your interaction with us especially on the last days of entering and encouragement while we waited for the winner to be announced. Wish you the very best as you move on. Nan ;) <3 ;) <3

Nan on November 19, 2013 at 9:28 pm
  2. Welcome Kayla ! Looking forward to getting great clues and having fun looking at the 2014 Blog Cabin pictures. My favorite cabin was the 2009 Blog Cabin in Asheville, N C. I just loved the setting and the "cabin" too ! it was very different then the first Blog Cabin. I think the tree house was a special addition.
    Wish you good times as we enjoy the New BLOG CABIN 2014. Nan ;) <3 ;) <3

Nan on November 19, 2013 at 9:39 pm
  3. my guess is lousiana,os south texas
    although,sarasota florida is a possibi;ity

cindy on November 19, 2013 at 10:11 pm
  4. MY GUESS …VERO BEACH, FLORIDA …THE ORANGES WERE TERRIFIC WHEN I WAS LAST THERE..THINK IT WAS CALLED KENNEDY GROVE.. GOOD MEMORIES.. : )

MARY ARSENAULT on November 20, 2013 at 3:33 am
  5. Mary good luck on your new ventures. We will miss you. stop in sometime just to say Hi. Kayla, Welcome to the Blog Cabin. Can't wait to see where it will be this year. Loved the Maine BC. Loved the NC BC both for different reasons. Anyway, Welcome Kayla!:D

JudyInMich on November 20, 2013 at 5:14 pm
  6. I think it's in California or maybe Colorado

sharon on November 20, 2013 at 9:47 pm
  7. I believe this cabin is in Mrytle beach, NC

Susan Breece on November 21, 2013 at 8:59 pm
  8. Guessing of course! Southern Alabama.

Jil on November 22, 2013 at 12:18 am
  9. Florida keys i would love to work on this house very nice. this house has a lot hardwood love to see them redone a sweet house.

Fred Deuel on November 22, 2013 at 11:13 am
  10. I really like this house as it is,and see no need for you guys to ruin it! It does need some fixing, maybe new wiring and heating and better appliances, but otherwise, just some paint and resurface the floors.

Leslie W on November 22, 2013 at 1:33 pm