Nov 15

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue One

A special note from Mary: I’d like to thank you for being such a fun and supportive audience. It’s been my pleasure to blog with you over the past five years. It is now time for me to move on to new adventures. Although I must bid you farewell, I leave you in the capable hands of HGTV.com editor Kayla, who will be keeping you updated on the latest Blog Cabin developments. Kayla loves furniture with a history, her cat, D’Artagnan, and crafting with lots of glitter. If you read HGTV’s Design Happens blog, then I’m sure you recognize her — check out her posts here. Now, let’s hear from Kayla for her very first post!

Wow — talk about a warm introduction! Hi, everyone. I’m so happy to join the Blog Cabin community and interact with you all about the soon-to-be stunning home you’re going to get to know inside and out. I’ve always had a view of the Smoky Mountains from my window, so I’ve loved seeing past homes get a taste of mountain life, too. When it comes to location, I’ll always have a soft spot for Blog Cabin 2009‘s Asheville, N.C. surroundings. Design-wise, I find myself going back to the vintage-chic, waterfront home from 2011. I just want to cozy up with a glass of wine in that great room. Before we dive into this year’s home, let’s reminisce and get to know each other. From the first home in Kinzel Springs, Tenn. to this year’s Atlantic, N.C. residence, what’s your favorite Blog Cabin?

Blog Cabin 2014 Location: Clue One

Now, let’s get right down to business. Thinking caps on. Here’s your first clue to uncover the location of Blog Cabin 2014. Take a look at the water, wildlife, foliage … what are they telling you? My lips are sealed, but I’m ready to see those comments!

Check back Monday for clue number two.

• Posted at 3:27 pm on November 11, 2013

1. my guess is south carolina

kim on November 18, 2013 at 4:15 pm
  2. I'm thinking FL..

Jeanne on November 18, 2013 at 6:17 pm
  3. Hmmm – Spanish moss – sure looks like Louisiana.

Mary M on November 18, 2013 at 6:34 pm
  4. I think it might be in Louisiana

Charlotte on November 18, 2013 at 6:51 pm
  5. Ocean springs, MS

meganmccoemick on November 18, 2013 at 8:53 pm
  6. Well, first of all, it's been a great run with you Mary and we are all sad to see you go. However, I wish you all the best with your next endeavors! As to our new Blog Representative Kayla, I bestow upon you a great big welcome air hug from across the internet! I know that Mary has left us in your good hands and I look forward to your Blogs! =) As to the hint you gave..Hhhmmmm…. it definitely looks tropical due to the foliage and, of course, the open waters. So, I am going to guess that it is either Florida near the Gulf of Mexico, the Florida Keys or (and this one is way out there); I'm going to guess Hawaii??!! However, the latter doesn't seem that likely due to the color of the murky waters. Unless, it is in a bay area of one of the Islands, but, I really don't know. LOL! Nevertheless, Kayla, you really have us filled with many mixed emotions such as, excitement, extreme curiosity and anticipation just to name a few! I cannot wait for the next clue, but even better, what the final result of where the location is! But… I just guess we'll all just have to wait and see! =) Again, welcome to the Blog of Blog Cabin! =) Until next time….I'll be waiting with abaited breath!

soulmates21f on November 18, 2013 at 9:01 pm
  7. Sav Ga.

Laura on November 19, 2013 at 1:49 pm
  8. I'm soooooo far behind! I've tried readin the blog, seriously have! However, this has been deer season in our neck of the woods. Unfortunately, the deer have their calendars and know we're lookin' for em. __Mary, you did a wonderful job keeping us on our toes! Hats off to you for stumping me all these times! Enjoy your new adventures….unsure what this is, but NEW is always cool!__Kayla, love the name, have a family member with it. Just hopin' you're not family. Don't want to be disqualified for ANY reason. What an awesome job to have! We're always trying to figure out WHERE, and wanting MORE info on the homes. Mary really did put up with a lot of Whines at time. __Today…..we had car tags from Georgia pass us. I'll guess Georgia for that reason alone. I'm rarely correct. So, why not try a different reason for guessing. __Besides this last BC, Watts Bar Lake, TN is my favorite BC. It's the fishin' we've been doing on vacations that I truly enjoy! We'd have to add a boat to the BC to make it the best ever! And…I'm always reminded…a fishing boat with substance. lol

Trish on November 19, 2013 at 3:10 pm
  9. The Everglades

Ginger Richardson on November 19, 2013 at 5:04 pm
  10. I know it's not on the west coast…they never are! Looks like Florida too me or Alabama…

Deb on November 19, 2013 at 8:00 pm