Sep 18

Harvest Season Fast Approaches

The muscadine grapes are growing at Blog Cabin 2013 — and harvest season fast approaches! We thought our most die-hard fans would love to see a snapshot of the mini vineyard that’s climbing its way up and around the reclaimed wood pergola. Let’s chat: If you won the home, what would you do with your grape harvest? Make jellies and jams? Produce fine wines? Throw them in the juicer, perhaps? Set up a farm stand in the front yard and sell them by the peck?

Thanks to project manager Dylan Eastman for sending in this great photo! And thanks to our friends at the Made + Remade blog for posting this timely how-to. If you don’t win Blog Cabin 2013, you can grow your own muscadine grapes and enjoy a bountiful harvest. Enjoy!

• Posted at 1:52 pm on September 9, 2013

1. MMmmmmm eat those grapes! Maybe make some jelly or try making a batch of wine. I'm sure the smell is intoxicating!

Lisa M on September 19, 2013 at 8:09 am
  2. If I won such an amazing home and had grapes growing i would definitely want to learn to make jams and jellies and grapes are a great snack when you freeze them for those warm fall evenings while walking on the beach with the one you love!! Cheezy I know, but it would be awesome!

lorie_N_NM on September 19, 2013 at 9:27 am
  3. Oh, how beautiful! How cool to have enough grapes to make jelly or juice and set up a stand in the front yard.
    That would be a great way to get to know your neighbors! This is the best blog cabin! Thank you for giving us more to dream about while we wait to find out who the blessed winner is.

Jan on September 19, 2013 at 9:41 am
  4. The vines are really growing and will look so beautiful once they cover the entire pergola!!….not to mention the many uses for the muscadines! I know I would definitely make the jams/jellies (if my kids left any for ME). I would like to try my hand at making the wine…I've never done it before! o.0 I have also heard they make a great pie??! Wow….This awesome home has so much to offer!

Debbie on September 19, 2013 at 10:00 am
  5. Eat and share!

grswla on September 19, 2013 at 10:16 am
  6. Great photographs!

The Grapes:
    At first: Eat some; and,
    Give some to friends.
    As the veins mature – producing more grapes:
    I would, also, make some jam.

Lester B on September 19, 2013 at 10:26 am
  7. Thanks, these photos are great. I'm dreaming of delicious ice cold grape juice, I love fresh fruit juice. I would also like to try my hand at making wine for the first time and maybe have our first glass on the anniversary of winning blog cabin:-). I would get the most enjoyment out of picking them with family and friends. My children would absolutely love it.

Elle on September 19, 2013 at 11:37 am
  8. Yes, all is beautiful. I love the grapes, will do all with it. Will have veggies and garden beautiful. Those are such nice and more detailed photos.

Vesna on September 19, 2013 at 11:52 am
  9. Thanks for the harvest pictures, sure is LOOKING GOOD! Just pop those babies in my mouth =0 ) One by one, would be such fun! <3:o

COOLSMILEY on September 19, 2013 at 12:15 pm
  10. Thank you for the warm and wonderful Harvest pictures. I would share the grapes with my new neighbors…what a great way to meet them!

memanbepa on September 19, 2013 at 12:24 pm