Sep 18

Harvest Season Fast Approaches

The muscadine grapes are growing at Blog Cabin 2013 — and harvest season fast approaches! We thought our most die-hard fans would love to see a snapshot of the mini vineyard that’s climbing its way up and around the reclaimed wood pergola. Let’s chat: If you won the home, what would you do with your grape harvest? Make jellies and jams? Produce fine wines? Throw them in the juicer, perhaps? Set up a farm stand in the front yard and sell them by the peck?

Thanks to project manager Dylan Eastman for sending in this great photo! And thanks to our friends at the Made + Remade blog for posting this timely how-to. If you don’t win Blog Cabin 2013, you can grow your own muscadine grapes and enjoy a bountiful harvest. Enjoy!

• Posted at 1:52 pm on September 9, 2013

1. if I win I will try to make lots of jam with the grapes are just eat them as they are and watch my little dog run on the grass.

wanda box on September 18, 2013 at 5:18 pm
  2. Thanks for the great pictures, my mouth is waterng from the look of those grapes! We had a grape arbor when I was a child. When they were ripe there was nothing sweeter! The only problem we had was all the neighborhood boys would pick them before they ripened and use them in their sling shots.

Debby on September 18, 2013 at 5:54 pm
    • Boys…..what ever are we going to do with them ? :)

jazzygirl9 on September 20, 2013 at 4:16 pm
  3. What a beautiful pix. thank you for the thought Mr. Dylan and Ms. Mary. I would do everything I could, Have not ever made wine but first time for everything. I would defantly make jams and jellies and eat them as a bunch. Someone told me you can freeze them and eat them. They were right. But any way pix with water and pergola you can not ask for anything else. It seemed to grow fast- pergola will be covered before long. Still adore and love the place. Waiting impatiently for drawing-and still hope to win-just love this place much!!!

bogartandbacall on September 18, 2013 at 5:59 pm
  4. If I won this chance for a new home I would make wine and jam with the grapes, and give a party for everyone. All the guests would take home complimentary wine.

Debbie Corley on September 18, 2013 at 6:07 pm
    • So fun! I'm coming to your parties :)

Laurie

Laurie_March on September 20, 2013 at 11:39 am
    • Me too!<3<3;);)

conardj on September 29, 2013 at 5:15 pm
  5. I was wondering how the grapes were doing on the new pergola. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures! I think I would make jam, dress up the jars a bit, and share them with the neighbors. Maybe one of them would teach me about boats in return. I am so ready for coastal living!

Monica on September 18, 2013 at 6:08 pm
  6. Love that pergola and especially the luscious tasty grapes adorning the beautiful structure. My two favorite hobbies are painting and cooking. It would be a toss up….make delicious jellies, sauces, go to snacks and salads….or paint those gorgeous fruits of the vine. :p Whatever happens, it would be dreams come true to have the opportunity to do this and share the bounty with all. Best of luck and health to blogger friends!!! <3

donna white on September 18, 2013 at 6:10 pm
  7. Since these grapes are nutritious and hopefully the type that turn dark purple… I'd make jelly with it while I learn how to make wine from the future harvests! I'd also learn how to keep animals from eating them as my boyfriend has grapes and this year was going to be a big harvest, until a squirrel or two ate them all!

Pamela on September 18, 2013 at 6:15 pm
  8. It all depends on the harvest hahahaha. I would certainly cook with them. Oh dear I just remembered it's my
    anniversary got to go and get something for hubby. I can't believe I forgot. Blog to you later. Thanks Mary for the posting and give a shot out to Dylan. I was wondering how the garden was thriving, from the look spectacular.<3<3xD<3<3

MaryPA on September 18, 2013 at 6:18 pm
    • Happy, Happy, Happy Anniversary, Mary and Hubby!!! <3 <3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on September 20, 2013 at 12:01 pm
    • Happy Anniversary! A cabin would be an awfully nice present huh?

jazzygirl9 on September 20, 2013 at 4:13 pm
    • Happy Anniversary to both of you!

lucyourdog on September 20, 2013 at 4:30 pm
    • Hope you had a great anniversary Mary!

Lessie on September 21, 2013 at 1:43 pm
  9. If I won the blog cabin with a mini vineyard, I would brag about what I grew as I do not have a green thumb. :)

ksboiko on September 18, 2013 at 6:50 pm