Sep 18

Harvest Season Fast Approaches

The muscadine grapes are growing at Blog Cabin 2013 — and harvest season fast approaches! We thought our most die-hard fans would love to see a snapshot of the mini vineyard that’s climbing its way up and around the reclaimed wood pergola. Let’s chat: If you won the home, what would you do with your grape harvest? Make jellies and jams? Produce fine wines? Throw them in the juicer, perhaps? Set up a farm stand in the front yard and sell them by the peck?

Thanks to project manager Dylan Eastman for sending in this great photo! And thanks to our friends at the Made + Remade blog for posting this timely how-to. If you don’t win Blog Cabin 2013, you can grow your own muscadine grapes and enjoy a bountiful harvest. Enjoy!

• Posted at 1:52 pm on September 9, 2013

1. Well there's my grapevine . I am also going to plant crabapple trees. that crabapple jelly will set it off there. Make some home made bread and or biscuits . Lord what a prize 3 acres of property prosperous journey . Fishing night and day Just love it . Having the neighborhood children over for an art class and fun . See I mean to be good in my neighborhood too. Bring something to the table besides holding all this blessing just for my self won't be even fun. Life !

drdonnaa7 on September 25, 2013 at 12:38 pm
  2. Does anyone know what types of fish you can catch off the Blog Cabin dock ?? My whole Family loves to fish, my Grandson goes fishing almost every day !! Also, could you dock a boat there ?? We have several boats, from canoes to a 26 ft. cabin boat, so it would be great to just walk down your front yard, climb in your boat & go fishing !!!

gremol on September 25, 2013 at 7:29 pm
  3. I have watched all the renovations on the show.This cabin reminds me of the one I grew up in with my grandparents.Who ever wins this will be in a forever paradise.

kathyg on September 26, 2013 at 11:24 am
  4. I heard it in the news today that our pumpkin crops have taken a hit this year because of all the rain…but there are still a few good-lookin' ones. You just need to look closer! ;)

JosephsMom on September 26, 2013 at 10:01 pm
  5. Counting Down … 14 days until the Winner of the 2013 Blog Cabin is announced! xD

JosephsMom on September 26, 2013 at 10:08 pm
  6. Hi. everyone! An NC resident here! I'm so excited that I'm going to drive down there just to gawk from the street this weekend…umm, err AGAIN!!!

Whoever wins this beautiful home will be so blessed! Sure, I hope it's me…but I'll be happy for ANYONE to win such a spectacular house!

It's a 160 mi drive for me but will be worth it! Planning to take my sons (17 & 19) along this time. They've gotten all kinds of excited since watching the "build" on TV.

I keep watching the Zillow ups and downs…wondering what the taxes, etc. will be.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! <3

JosephsMom on September 27, 2013 at 11:49 am
  7. When my boys were young we used to make Jelly from our next door nieghbors grape vines. To make Jelly again at this vacation retreat would be wonderful. I'm hopin and prayin with the wife that we get the chance to do this. This is our dream, my wife always said she would love a shack on the water, well this is more than a shack because you people at DIY have done a fabulous job creating this. Good luck to everyone, but I'm packing my bags right now. <3

artist151 on October 1, 2013 at 2:07 pm
  8. jelly or jam on toast, YUM, Peanut butter and grape jelly or jam, A BIG YUMM-O!!!:D I eat them daily YEP

Sheri McNamara on October 2, 2013 at 8:46 pm
  9. grapes are more refreshing in that view.

Lorilee Brenden on October 4, 2013 at 4:52 am
  10. We just purchased grapes the other day. Love em! And our harvest season is still going around here. I've been sharing collard greens with someone who says she can't find any in the stores. I had no idea how much we'd get when I planted them like I did. WOW! Aren't collard greens popular in the area?

Anyway…..one of the reaons I'm posting here….is there a problem posting on the other blog topic with the KEYS? It has a very strange format. Hope someone on your IT team checks on this.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Warm Monday. We had a cool spell trying to come upon us. It's to warm up again and I'm thankful. Can't imagine the beautiful temps that exist in NC!

Trish on October 7, 2013 at 12:00 pm