Sep 16

Cornhole Game Set Winner Announced

A big congrats goes out to Alfredia Callies (aka ACDC25) who was randomly selected as the winner of the cornhole game set, designed and autographed by Blog Cabin 2013 show host Chris Grundy. Truly a one-of-a-kind remembrance from this year’s home!

Today, I’d like to draw your attention to a new video series hosted by home remodeling expert Laurie March. Topics include unusual items discovered during home renovations (you never know what could be hiding behind those walls!) and the evolution of residential floor plans. Enjoy!

• Posted at 12:20 pm on September 9, 2013

1. Congratulations Alfredia!! I'm sure your odds were 1 in millions. Enjoy!

lucyourdog on September 17, 2013 at 7:37 am
    • Actually the odds for wining the beanbag toss were only either 1 in 996 or 1 in 750 depending on how DIY judged it. There were 996 total blogs in the Giveaway but only 750 of them were first-time blogs and not comments on other blogs. Even less were actual responses to "what would be the first thing you would do". Good odds compared to the odds of winning the house. ;)

AnniesOwn on September 18, 2013 at 8:56 pm
  2. Congratulations Alfredia! Cornhole is such a fun game! Enjoy! I would love to find some "hidden treasures" in my home….sounds like a good excuse to do some much needed remodeling!;)<3;)<3

Debbie on September 17, 2013 at 9:17 am
    • Debbie, you need to "find" an excuse for remodeling? lol

Trish on September 17, 2013 at 11:23 am
  3. Congratulations Alfredia! Hope the Cornhole Game brings lots and lots of good, old-fashioned belly laughs!:p

pattie317 on September 17, 2013 at 10:45 am
  4. Congratulations!! I would love to see Chris Grundy every day….even if it was just his picture!! :)

BrendainKs on September 17, 2013 at 11:12 am
  5. Congrats Alfredia. Our neighbors have this game and have had several fun games playing it. Now your' is, even extra special since it comes from quite the crew!

Laurie March, enjoyed the videos on the hidden treasures. My hub says I'm his treasure-he's mine. We're so blessed and thankful we FOUND each other.

Trish on September 17, 2013 at 11:22 am
    • Your husband has found the best of all treasures Trish, so have you. :)

Lessie on September 17, 2013 at 5:55 pm
    • Trish –

Surely love is the BEST treasure! Everything else is just stuff!

Thanks for making me smile.

Laurie

Laurie_March on September 18, 2013 at 12:05 pm
  6. I wish I could find gold dust!

ksboiko on September 17, 2013 at 3:35 pm
    • Why gold dust? Wouldn't you like the gold nuggets also?

Lessie on September 17, 2013 at 5:56 pm
    • Hmm, nuggets, I'll take the large pack, please!

COOLSMILEY on September 21, 2013 at 2:41 pm
    • I'm thinking the person that had all that gold was the bank way back then. I would go back and check who owned or lived there previously. Hope there's a map too. lol <3xD That would be sooooo cool . I found clay marbles, metal soldiers and bottles, in my backyard.

MaryPA on September 18, 2013 at 11:16 am
    • All I ever found was garbage and old liquor bottles!

COOLSMILEY on September 21, 2013 at 2:42 pm
  7. CONGRATS ALFREDIA! Very Cool, Enjoy it Chicka!~ I have really enjoyed all the fun bloggie day dreaming here with you and all the other DIY-ers. I am going to miss this when the winner is announced- so I must savor every fantasy now! Best of luck, who knows–YOU CAN STILL WIN THE HOUSE :-) God Bless to ALL~

Erinn on September 17, 2013 at 10:05 pm
  8. Congratulations Alfredia! Hope you remember this wonderful "ride" every time you play a game, as I will every time I look at my wall with the West Yard Rendering.

Good Luck to all in the Blog Cabin drawing!

MichaelG60 on September 17, 2013 at 10:48 pm
    • Thank you!:):) And Good Luck to you also!

ACDC25 on September 19, 2013 at 11:43 am
    • How long before the game arrives. At least you'll be able to use it in doors too.;) Have fun

MaryPA on September 19, 2013 at 12:03 pm
    • Hmm, why haven't we heard from you lately???

COOLSMILEY on September 30, 2013 at 4:25 pm
  9. Mary, I wish I could find some gold dust or even rare wine and liquor….we only found some old cans and bottles under the ground of the dirt foundation! It was built in the mid 1800's and we did uncover some old newspapers used for insulation….those were dated back to 1901. It was all very cool, but nothing as cool as finding gold dust….it makes you curious to find out more of the history.

Congrats Alfredia! Have a great time with the game of GRUNDY! He-Hee!^_^

amberPA on September 17, 2013 at 11:00 pm
  10. Congratulations Alfredia! Did you have a "hunch" that you would win it, or were you completely taken by surprise? How fun to win such a treasure—a playful one at that:) Soon we will all find out who will be packing their bags to travel to their new Blog Cabin :) Still hoping it soon becomes a Blogger's Blog Cabin:)

joyfulj9 on September 18, 2013 at 2:00 am