Sep 16

Cornhole Game Set Winner Announced

A big congrats goes out to Alfredia Callies (aka ACDC25) who was randomly selected as the winner of the cornhole game set, designed and autographed by Blog Cabin 2013 show host Chris Grundy. Truly a one-of-a-kind remembrance from this year’s home!

Today, I’d like to draw your attention to a new video series hosted by home remodeling expert Laurie March. Topics include unusual items discovered during home renovations (you never know what could be hiding behind those walls!) and the evolution of residential floor plans. Enjoy!

• Posted at 12:20 pm on September 9, 2013

1. Congrats Alfredia!!! Hope you enjoy the Blog Cabin Cornhole game set….

JanetNY on September 16, 2013 at 5:43 pm
  2. Congratulations Alfredia Callies (aka ACDC25)!!! Hope you and your family make many great memories with this one of a kind gift, autographed by the awesome Chris Grundy. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Lessie on September 16, 2013 at 6:39 pm
  3. Congratulations Alfredia, every time you play the game, you will see Chris's face on the board and think of Our Beautiful Cozy Little Cottage on the water…A Great reminder ^_^:)<3

Jennie/Florida on September 16, 2013 at 7:05 pm
    • I think that was her very first post Jennie, see it only takes one.:)

540sam on September 18, 2013 at 4:52 am
  4. Congrats Alfredia!!!

RobinS. on September 16, 2013 at 7:54 pm
  5. Way to go Alfredia! I'm so happy for your win.<3<3<3

Janis Conard on September 16, 2013 at 8:47 pm
  6. Wow Alfredia, enjoy that game. How many weeks until it arrives at your doorstep? xD;)

MaryPA on September 16, 2013 at 9:45 pm
    • Waiting patiently :) :D

ACDC25 on September 19, 2013 at 11:41 am
  7. Congrats, Alfredia! What fun!

bwj70 on September 16, 2013 at 10:06 pm
  8. Congratulations! Happy for you<3<3<3<3

conardj on September 16, 2013 at 10:25 pm
  9. Congrats to Alfredia , it looks like a really nice cornhole set. As for finding things behind my walls, we didn't know when we bought our house that the family that previously owned it keep mice as pets. It seems two must have escaped. Our Rottweiler was going nuts ! we found out why. I'm pretty sure after 18yrs here the mice are gone, I wasn't lucky enough to find any gold. LOL !

kdiver64 on September 16, 2013 at 10:34 pm
    • EWWWWWWW.

Laurie

Laurie_March on September 18, 2013 at 12:04 pm
    • They were kind of cute ! My rotti didn't seem to feel the same way. I think I would have preferred gold though. I can't wait to watch your new video series . I looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Best,
      Keith

kdiver64 on September 18, 2013 at 7:44 pm
    • It's funny how we found out about the mice. I bought a new sofa for downstairs in our new house. It cost over $700.00 dollars. I came home from work and Rommel our rotti had chewed half the sofa apart. That wasn't funny ! He wouldn't stay away from the sofa. In the process of cleaning up the mess and getting ready to take the sofa out to the trash, a mouse ran out from underneath. LOL ! That's how I found out.

kdiver64 on September 18, 2013 at 8:13 pm
    • What a funny (not so funny) memory—new house/new mouse:)

joyfulj9 on September 18, 2013 at 8:21 pm
    • How true, It was a Kodak moment ! ;)

kdiver64 on September 18, 2013 at 8:32 pm
    • I also have another funny story about our Rotti. It was Thanksgiving 1997 He waited till we were asleep and went into the kitchen and tipped the trash can over and took the whole turkey carcass down the hall and under our bed. Can I tell you ! It was kind of like Beethoven. He destroyed a lot of things, the lawn our sofa and the legs on our dining room table etc… but I would give anything to have him back ! He had Cancer of the spleen at 10 yrs old. We spent almost six thousand dollars to try and save him. It was like loosing a family member,

kdiver64 on September 23, 2013 at 9:41 pm
    • Thanks for sharing another story about your Rotti:) I have a soft spot in my heart for mischievous dogs and kids:) My English Springer Spaniel, who is now 10 years old, was the most mischievous puppy I ever had the pleasure (in retrospect) of sharing my home with—he was an escape artist, took sharp knives off the counter, and during his teething phase, chewed walls, doorways and my dining room table. it was like living with a pet beaver. Now he just tells on Ally (my son Ryan's dog) that I adopted into our household. I never knew a tattletale dog until Ally moved in with Kali and me:)

joyfulj9 on September 23, 2013 at 10:19 pm
    • It's amazing how smart some dogs are. We have a Beagle now. His name is Boomer . He's an escape artist as well. He also likes to steal things like the kids sneakers and toys if you don't pay attention to him. How smart is that ! LOL ! I have never seen a tattletale though. You should put him on Americas Funniest videos.

Keith

kdiver64 on September 23, 2013 at 10:32 pm
  10. Congratulations Alfredia! Enjoy playing. No hidden treasures here yet but we've only been in the house 3 years and it's 42 years old. All hope is not lost. Surely it's behind the 1971 bathroom tile. I hope to find it soon and have that disappear.

Susan6962 on September 17, 2013 at 6:55 am
    • What color is the 70's tile??

Laurie