Sep 11

Rendering Winner Announced

Congrats goes out to Michael Golden (aka MichaelG60), who has won the framed rendering of the west yard, signed by Matt Blashaw. What a special keepsake from this year’s renovation project!

I wanted to alert you to one of our best (and easiest!) how-to projects, now being promoted on the Made + Remade blog. Please pop over there to take a look at the step-by-step instructions we’ve posted — it only takes one day to create a pebble-filled winding path just like the one that leads from the Blog Cabin 2013 front porch to the grape vine-shaded pergola. Enjoy!

• Posted at 11:20 am on September 9, 2013

1. Congratulations Michael!! It really is beautiful! I too, just entered for the last time….:'( Thank you DIY for making someones dream become a reality! Good Luck everyone…..LIVE THE DREAM! xDxD

Debbie on September 13, 2013 at 3:34 pm
  2. Happy Friday the 13th Every One!
    I got all my enteries in, Here is to hoping for the best!!!!!! xD

asandmancna on September 13, 2013 at 4:04 pm
  3. Congratulations to all !

conardj on September 15, 2013 at 9:30 pm
  4. Congratulations Michael<3<3<3

conardj on September 15, 2013 at 9:40 pm
  5. I am so excited about the possibility of winning the cabin. It is so beautiful. Also I love how the website inspires so many people to do their own upgrades to their homes.

danaliechti on September 15, 2013 at 11:46 pm
  6. Congrats Michael! Enjoy it!!!^_^

amberPA on September 17, 2013 at 11:18 pm
  7. Blessings on everyone, and good luck in the drawing! Met Matt for about two whole seconds this morning in Tomball TX where they were having a yard giveaway! Wish we could have won! Love the guy! The cabin – oh, how my heart longs to go back to the East Coast, hurricanes or not! It would make our perfect home for the future! Great place to have our children, grandchild and her upcoming family to visit! It was done so green-ly, and so economically, and Chris Grundy is so funny! This is one of my favorite shows every year – casual but elegant living provided for in every way! God bless all of you on the crews, especially the unnamed workers who get the pounded fingers and splinters and get to haul all the heavy stuff in and out. Great job!

Celtic Diva on September 19, 2013 at 2:33 pm
  8. My first time blogging here….I'm just so curious to hear who the winner is…I hope they are worthy for this wonderful prize….Congrats to Michael…Its fun to win anything, in my book…..
    I wish everyone good luck!!! It would fabulous to win the blog home….I have been entering everyday..not for just this home, I've tried in the past….Oh well!!!!! It's fun just entering and hoping!!!! My family would be delighted for us…They would be able to take a vacation, with they all deserve….My hubby would be grateful after the surgery he went through….just to relex in a beautiful home in a country setting….God Bless…

Jersey Girl on September 23, 2013 at 6:58 pm
  9. The keepsake prize is cool. Congrats Michael :) However, when are they announcing the winner of the house? The drawing was weeks ago.

Frank on October 7, 2013 at 10:49 am