Sep 11

Rendering Winner Announced

Congrats goes out to Michael Golden (aka MichaelG60), who has won the framed rendering of the west yard, signed by Matt Blashaw. What a special keepsake from this year’s renovation project!

I wanted to alert you to one of our best (and easiest!) how-to projects, now being promoted on the Made + Remade blog. Please pop over there to take a look at the step-by-step instructions we’ve posted — it only takes one day to create a pebble-filled winding path just like the one that leads from the Blog Cabin 2013 front porch to the grape vine-shaded pergola. Enjoy!

• Posted at 11:20 am on September 9, 2013

1. And now we wait… October 4th (on or about), seems like I wish time away, shouldn't do that at my age<G>. Good luck everyone!!!!

nanwes on September 13, 2013 at 11:46 am
    • Know what you mean…..it will seem long unless we get right to cleaning and sprucing up the place for the camera crew. Think I'll hold off on the Halloween decor, wouldn't want to scare them off ;) Good luck to you!

jazzygirl9 on September 13, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    • Oh Jazzy, that's so sweet. You mean you're going to clean up my new place and decorate it too?:D
      Sorry, I had to say that. Good luck!:)

nanwes on September 13, 2013 at 12:59 pm
  2. Please everybody get your last entries in!!

I hope one of you wins :) :) It's been MY PLEASURE to chat and blog with you all this season… hope to do it again next year! What a special thing Blog Cabin is.

Laurie

Laurie_March on September 13, 2013 at 12:14 pm
    • Thanks Laurie, The pics were great !

kdiver64 on September 13, 2013 at 6:18 pm
  3. Congrats Michael !! I wonder if we are related, my maiden name is Golden ??!! Just did my last entries, now to sit back & wait for the winner to be announced !!

gremol on September 13, 2013 at 12:19 pm
  4. My Husband watched the show that was on last night with me, this morning he said that I was going to win it !! I sure hope he is right !!

gremol on September 13, 2013 at 12:25 pm
    • Yeah! This is one of those times when you can honestly say you wish he was right! ;) Good luck to you and your hubby. It's been fun watching the cabin cam and reading comments….and of course all of those wonderful meals cooked in the outdoor kitchen and times spent on the dock. Will miss this place indeed!

jazzygirl9 on September 13, 2013 at 12:52 pm
    • Indeed !!!

gremol on September 13, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    • All the coffee and goodies, it's been a ball!!! Thanks to everyone for the entertainment too!:)

nanwes on September 13, 2013 at 1:02 pm
    • How exciting. Lets hope he is right. Goodluck

StormyWV on September 13, 2013 at 2:12 pm
  5. How Appropriate that the first time I learned to blog and did, was for Blog Cabin 2013 in North Carolina!!!_So many wonderful and deserving folks. This has been a great learning experience for me. I too have a story._I am alone,( except for my dog, who is the love of my life and drooling over those toys and new bed! ) I am over 55( but not near SSI time) with nobody, have been laid off several years now, can't find a job, and have had to use every dime I have to keep a roof over my head (which I am about to lose) and naturally, illness had to come into play with all the stress etc. A baby boomer stuck in a tough time with nowhere to go. It doesn't matter how hard you have worked or how good you were, a lay off and medical expenses can take it all away. But as I have read this blog it made me realize I am not alone completely. I would love to win but if I don't, I wish that the person who wins needs a home or help.

luvunature on September 13, 2013 at 12:30 pm
  6. DIY, I am here in North Carolina, can move anywhere and want to continue my career sooooo bad !!! I may not be young chronologically( got that bubbly spirit ) and I do have over 30 years of design experience in both residential and commercial, retail and wholesale. My last territory was over 6 million. I am not giving up my dreams and I hope no one else does either !!! Good Luck Everyone, it was fun finally blogging, and if anyone knows about a job, please let me know. I Love my career !!!
    And just so you all know, North Carolina is a Beautiful Place to Live !!!

luvunature on September 13, 2013 at 12:44 pm
    • My youngest Brother lives in N.C. I've never been there, but from what I've seen on DIY Blog Cabin site, it is very beautiful !! I love the property around B.C., I do not like the idea of living in a place with no yard !! And, being a Floridian, I know about hurricanes & flooding !! I'd be right-at-home !!!

gremol on September 13, 2013 at 1:00 pm
    • I moved here from Jupiter for my career, then they closed my division! Small world ! So glad they got the_Hurricane Bronze, I know about that stuff too. You'd love it here, if I win you are invited up!

luvunature on September 13, 2013 at 2:20 pm
    • Maybe a job with Guthrie interiors in Morehead, the ones that did the cabin.

540sam on September 13, 2013 at 3:31 pm
  7. Congratulations Molly and Michael! Enjoy your gimme,gimme prizes. Final entries completed….waiting begins. We can dream a while longer, of that home in Carolina…..in the morning. Thank you to all at DIY for such a fun time watching you breathe new life into this wonderful homestead. The history touched my heart and I enjoyed learning a little bit about the Crystal Coast. Another beautiful place on this most amazing planet we call Earth.

jazzygirl9 on September 13, 2013 at 12:47 pm
  8. Hi, everybody:

I just entered for the last time — big lump in my throat. Even though I was late joining — I think I mentioned that my mom passed a couple of years ago, and we were huge HGTV/DIY fans/buddies — so I stayed away for a while. I'm glad to be back, I enjoyed reading everyone's blogs. I know that some of you have gone through hard times, and I'm right there with you on that one, feel like I should have won the blue ribbon, but I see there are a lot of blue ribbon winners our there so I am sending warm, loving thoughts your way, as well as prayers. I wish all of you the very best!

charhug on September 13, 2013 at 1:52 pm
  9. Last 2 entries! I too will miss this home. Spent many summers as a child on the North Carolina coast and long to return. There is no place quite like it! So while I wait, I'll be enjoying the videos and roaming the house and grounds. Best of luck to all!

Beachdreamer51 on September 13, 2013 at 3:04 pm
  10. FYI….First clue for HGTV Smart Home 2014 is up !!

gremol on September 13, 2013 at 3:20 pm