Sep 11

Rendering Winner Announced

Congrats goes out to Michael Golden (aka MichaelG60), who has won the framed rendering of the west yard, signed by Matt Blashaw. What a special keepsake from this year’s renovation project!

I wanted to alert you to one of our best (and easiest!) how-to projects, now being promoted on the Made + Remade blog. Please pop over there to take a look at the step-by-step instructions we’ve posted — it only takes one day to create a pebble-filled winding path just like the one that leads from the Blog Cabin 2013 front porch to the grape vine-shaded pergola. Enjoy!

• Posted at 11:20 am on September 9, 2013

1. Congrats Michael Golden, and best of luck to everyone. Blogging has been fun and a great way to listen to what people have on their minds and in their hearts. <3 MKro

mkro19 on September 11, 2013 at 7:26 pm
  2. CONGRATULATIONS MICHAEL……….ENJOY YOUR PRIZE!!!
    Friday is the last day to enter for this beautiful home on Core Sound. I'm so excited & can't wait to hear who the winner is. This is by far my favorite Blog Cabin!!!! Good Luck to everyone!!

JanetNY on September 11, 2013 at 7:56 pm
  3. Congrats Michael !! Very cool thing to own!!

luvunature on September 11, 2013 at 8:57 pm
  4. Hi to all. I am writing to say, Thank You to DIY, Ms. Graff, Yard Crashers, Mr. Blashaw, and all the Bloggers that keep me smiling. Although relatively new to commenting, I've been reading you guys for months.

This framed rendering will remind me of special comments and especially limericks while helping me to be Thankful for a great country of free enterprise where dreams, however fantastic, can remain alive.

Keep your dreams alive…

Wishing everyone a blessed life, and Good Luck in the random drawing–hope it is one of the bloggers who wins!

Sincerely,

Michael

PS: Builder, I entered almost daily for the rendering, bedding, and corn hole game.
    Marcia, no-Texas.

MichaelG60 on September 11, 2013 at 10:08 pm
    • Michael, how very sweet you thanked everyone. And congratulations to you for the win.
      But I'm thinking you need to speak to Jennie. I kind of promised this to her. Ha!
      Good for you, kiddo. And good luck to you on your BC entries!
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on September 11, 2013 at 11:16 pm
    • Way to go Michael, that must of been so exciting. Keep your fingers crossed xD<3;)

MaryPA on September 11, 2013 at 11:32 pm
    • O M G! You did it!
      Special Congratulations and you thought it was addicting before
      Now, all your gonna want is More, More, More..lol:)

COOLSMILEY on September 11, 2013 at 11:37 pm
    • Hey Michael.

I guess I made a wrong assumption. I never recalled seeing your name previous to the last day. Sorry about that. Enjoy that great photo. It will go anywhere in your home. Winning the Blog Cabin is going to be just like winning the Powerball. Takes lots of luck. Have a great Thursday.

Builder on September 12, 2013 at 8:49 am
    • Hi Builder, lol that's so true but I'm feeling lucky sooo Friday I'm buying some powerball tickets at least the seniors will make out in our state. I lose most of the time.;)
      What a nice thing the network has done for the blog community. Hey have you entered for this gorgeous cabin. Hope you win!!:D

MaryPA on September 12, 2013 at 11:24 am
    • Mary, Yes, I enter every day, On top of that, I even told the gentleman who walks across America( "seniors walking across America"), so he can enter, too. I told him if I did not win, I hope it was him, since he is a real courageous gentleman, 80 years old, who walks across America. Just go to the heading I have in parenthesis, and you will get to his blog.

Good luck to all.

Builder on September 12, 2013 at 4:29 pm
    • Thanks builder, going to check that out. The rain is coming down in buckets, flash flooding small streams. Tomorrow is the last vote GOOD LUCK TO ALL xD<3xD

MaryPA on September 12, 2013 at 10:44 pm
    • Congratulations Michael!! Enjoy that awesome rendering!

Marianne on September 12, 2013 at 9:03 am
    • Congrats Michael, you won a very special item in the Gimme Gimme Giveaway….a wonderful keepsake of the Blog Cabin's gorgeous yard ! Well Done ^_^

Mel on September 12, 2013 at 6:14 pm
    • Congratulations Michael:) It is great to be able to congratulate a blogger on winning something from HGTV. If you cross your fingers, maybe you will have a double win–the rendering and the cabin. Now wouldn't that be something? Best of luck to you:) It won't be long before we all find out just who will be moving into this special place.

joyfulj9 on September 13, 2013 at 10:51 am
    • Hi Michael, Congratulations on Your win. I'm glad you finally joined us! Welcome!!!
      What a great gift!! Sweet WCG was so kind to root me on to win the Rendering but if I couldn't win, I'm happy for You…The Framed Rendering is a very special memento of the Beautiful Cottage and west yard.. I hope you will find just the right place in your home to hang it..
      It is Very special, especially with Matt's signature. He is very talented, He and his Yard Crashers did an outstanding job on the outdoor kitchen, outdoor shower and landscaping…a great Design and wonderful fun areas to celebrate many happy occasions!!
      I do think dreams come true and You never know, you could win the Beautiful cozy little cottage on the water too…Best of luck to you!!! ^_^:)B)

Jennie/Florida on September 15, 2013 at 11:21 pm
    • correction—Sweet WCG was so kind to 'Cheer' me on ^_^:p:)B)

Jennie/Florida on September 15, 2013 at 11:34 pm
  5. I hope everyone took a moment today to reflect on the past events of 9-11, both in 2001 and 2012.
    Donate as you can to your local blood drives, your local Red Cross, and your local unpaid, volunteer firefighters.
    A Michigan trooper lost his life yesterday at the hands of some trash. He served his country, then his state honorably.
    WCG

Wind Chime Girl on September 11, 2013 at 11:31 pm
  6. Well friends, Mr. Golden
    shall soon be a holden
    The West Yard Rendering!
    We met by chance
    did our initial dance
    as he explained to me
    how addicting blogging can be!

COOLSMILEY on September 11, 2013 at 11:51 pm
    • Smiley check this out
      You are an influence out and about.
      Addicting indeed,
      These comments are a need.
      The Renderings coming around
      Oh, for a house on the sound.
      Good luck to all winning the BC
      And living life on the sea! :) :):) hehe

MichaelG60 on September 12, 2013 at 10:08 pm
    • Well, Bless your heartAfter a shaky startYou've placed a framed rendering in your cart!I'll bet you were shocked when you got the news???I'm beginning to feel the blog cabin bluesHowever, smart home has given a few clues!

COOLSMILEY on September 12, 2013 at 10:21 pm
    • Smart home?

MichaelG60 on September 12, 2013 at 10:54 pm
    • There's several homes put up for grabs……Ha ha ha You truly are a novice, there's people that have blog logged well over 5000 comments individually and have been entering for over 7 years!!! Thing is you have to find new threads……

COOLSMILEY on September 12, 2013 at 11:05 pm
  7. Congrads Michael.

ajwolffie on September 12, 2013 at 4:46 am
  8. Congratulations, Michael! and thank you for joining this blog. Fun, isn't it?

grammagail on September 12, 2013 at 10:28 am
  9. Congrats, Michael Golden.

Trish on September 12, 2013 at 11:38 am
  10. Congratulations to Michael Golden! Enjoy!

Downonthefarm on September 12, 2013 at 12:04 pm