Aug 28

Blog Cabin 2013 Awarded Hurricane Bronze Certification

Blog Cabin 2013 Fortified Home Hurricane Bronze Certification

Big news from the building industry: Blog Cabin 2013 has received the FORTIFIED Home™ Hurricane Bronze Certification from the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS).

IBHS’s Hurricane Standard helps homeowners in coastal areas strengthen their houses against these powerful storms. Incorporating the FORTIFIED Standard when repairing, rebuilding or renovating a single-family home ensures the structure’s resilience and durability.

Blog Cabin 2013 achieved this stellar rating by adhering to certain building requirements. The full list of requirements is outlined on pages 3 through 5 of this disaster safety document.

We’d like to thank sponsors and supporters who contributed building materials that helped us reach this goal. And we are thrilled to be able to present the winner of the Blog Cabin 2013 Giveaway with such a solid, storm-impenetrable — not to mention beautiful — home.

Please visit the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety web site for more details on this coastal home building program.

• Posted at 4:27 pm on August 8, 2013

1. yoo hoo only 4 more days………blog cabin here i come………i hope and pray….wishing luck to all….

2TERRIERGILDEDPARROT on September 9, 2013 at 11:53 am
  2. WOW! I think HGTV has out done themselves, what a beautiful place.
    If I won this home, after I made sure I was not dreaming, I would invite the community to a family outing. Of course I would invite all DIY and HGTV persons. Is there such a thing as a block party on the beach?

Justmaggs on September 9, 2013 at 2:02 pm
  3. Sept 9 will be watching the 1 hr DIY 9pm presentation with Chris Grundy on the BC 2013 :D

Holidaygal on September 9, 2013 at 7:16 pm
  4. This is a good thing protection for one home,we have had our share of tornadoes and hurricanes type winds in my home state , so I know how important it is for this protection. Thanks for making it sturdy.

Kim on September 9, 2013 at 7:45 pm
  5. I like this protection because it will help keep my family safe. Thanks.

Jerry on September 9, 2013 at 7:46 pm
  6. WOW! Such an AWESOME HOME. Built with THE MOST CARING HANDS. YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE THE BOMB!!!!

Janis Conard on September 11, 2013 at 9:22 pm
  7. Once again I must congratulate and thank everyone involved in the making of this solid, beautiful and safe home. How anyone can even question the "health" of this home is beyond me. It is gorgeous but at the same time it isn't overdone. By that I mean anyone would be welcome in it even busy kids. So many places are so overdone that they do not even look comfortable to be in. They don't feel homey. This home has comfy all over it. I love this home and would proudly own it .Good luck to all . Someone is going to own one fantastic cozy cabin. <3<3<3

Sheri on September 12, 2013 at 2:13 pm
  8. What a wonderful blessing to be able to call this place home . So peaceful and relaxing. Sitting on the pourch early in the morning with a cup of tea, watching the sun come up and the waves rolling in. Maybe seeing a pelican or a seagull diving for their breakfast. They say that dreams do come true. So whoever wins this home on the beach will be blessed with their dreams comes true. God bless.

Cindy on September 12, 2013 at 3:51 pm
  9. just sayin, this is the house I would want to live, laugh and love in. what a dream!. my 12th anniversary is coming up on sept 17th, what a great gift this would be.

Gemvisions on September 12, 2013 at 9:50 pm
  10. Last day to enter! Godd luck everyone!

chewag01 on September 13, 2013 at 8:15 am
    • Good luck & best wishes to everyone. Wishes and Dreams are Priceless, but only 1 winner of the BC!!
      It has been fun chatting with everyone on this blog.
      My wishes for all of us:
      Happiness as light as air.
      Happiness as light as air.
      LOVE as DEEP as OCEAN.
      Friends as solid as diamonds
      and success as bright as gold.
      These r my wishes 4 u today n everyday