Jul 16

Step Inside and Explore Blog Cabin 2013

Blog Cabin 2013 Living Room

We are proud to announce the launch of the Blog Cabin 2013 virtual home tour. Please take time to view the 360° images, slideshows and exclusive videos. We have so many great stories to tell about this fabulous waterfront home!

And don’t forget to sign up for sweeps entry reminders. The giveaway entry period starts at 9 a.m. on July 29, 2013.

• Posted at 9:31 am on July 7, 2013

1. Love the Blog Cabin and the property, the water view…the row of loblolly pines along the beachfront, and the outdoor gathering areas. The cabin is beautifully integrated into the property, and though brand new, still retains the charm of yesteryear. Inside the charm abounds with a lovely color palette and homey furnishings. Love the treasures and keepsakes displayed on the shelves in the upstairs hallway and the beautiful inlay of the compass in the floor. Love the little bits from the old home worked into the new design. Nice flow and functionality! Fantastic job! :)

elfie on July 16, 2013 at 5:53 pm
    • I so agree Elfie, from the home's interior, to exterior, to yard the whole motif is perfectly cohesive.
      The level of creativity shown in the special projects and art pieces…. it was all perfectly thought out & executed!

Mel on July 16, 2013 at 7:39 pm
  2. The Blog Cabin is more beautiful than we imagined. Thanks to all involved. Good luck to all who enter. Just hope a blogger will win this beauty. :D <3<3 Judy

JudyInMich on July 16, 2013 at 6:09 pm
  3. it is amazing home… I love how you guys incorporated the old with the new..i think that the original owners would be so proud of the way there home looks now … the blog Cabin 2013 is my favorite out of the past home they all were great but his home show a open warm feeling I get when I watch the videos, look at the pictures and do the virtual tour. Love it Love it Love it!!!! Great job everyone ! thank you Mary for all this great pictures to drool over xD…

lisaar on July 16, 2013 at 6:27 pm
  4. Wow Dylan, the beach retreat is real treat. Stunning job, must get back to feeding my senses. Ahhhhhh <3<3;)

MaryPA on July 16, 2013 at 6:30 pm
  5. WOW!! This years Blog Cabin has got to be one of the best designed & cohesively decorated homes Scripps has ever done.
    The designers delivered a home with a never ending relaxing atmosphere, gorgeous beach inspired decor and finishes, and perfectly crafted creative projects and art pieces—–The home and yard reflect a flawlessly executed motif !
    Like Everybloggie else, I LOVE it !! My favorite inside things are the fireplace, kitchen bar, master bath vanity, sliding barn doors, the various ceiling treatments & art pieces, the many creative way paint was used, and the powder room's grass cloth and tile looks so very pretty together.
    Great Job everyone! You guys should be so proud of your hard work! I'd really love to see the folks that worked on this years BC stay together for future projects…. because you guys/gals really, really know how to make home improvement magic happen.

Mel on July 16, 2013 at 7:07 pm
  6. I also love this cabin. The colors are perfect. There is just enough of the old to remind you of the homes history. I was surprised to see the doggie door and other doggie amenities. To win this home would be a dream come true for my dog too.

LindaLake on July 16, 2013 at 7:24 pm
  7. I absolutely love the house! Best yet!!

debeudy on July 16, 2013 at 7:47 pm
  8. Fantabulous! Feels like a home. Love the storage in the seat under the stairs. Love the double murphy. Love the way the yard allows its use without cluttering. Love the way the house looks like it's been there the whole time. The fireplace is awesome! This would be a nice place to live. I am trying not to keep looking at it but its so hard — there is so much to enjoy.

ladybyrd on July 16, 2013 at 8:21 pm
  9. This home is absolutely wonderful!!! The Matthews home had been my favorite but this Blog Cabin 2013 tops it by far! There are so many wonderful things about this home and I've only looked at the photos!! The videos were too slow to load for my eager eyes. :) The layout of the home was so thoughtfully put together for function and to take advantage of the amazing views, whoever wins it will have a real treasure. It was so fun to see the items that I voted for and also to see the items that I didn't choose or like and how they all came in such a fantastic way. I was worried that the old cottage feel would be lost with the new structure, and while it isn't the same home, the this cabin is beautifully married together and should be a fantastic place to make memories for the next hundred years or so!
    Everyone who contributed to this house should give themselves a huge pat on the back- but don't break your arm, you have an enormous task to meet or top this house with blogcabin2014!!! :)
    Enough gushing for now and good luck to everyone that enters the sweepstakes!!

Lia_M on July 16, 2013 at 9:29 pm
    • Lia M I have to agree the home is "beautifully married together" …..the outside living spaces go perfectly with the inside too! There's the white solid roof pergola that mirrors the painted white trim inside of the home along with it's gables, and the reclaimed wood pergola that mirrors the reclaimed wood used for so many of the interior projects. I find the cohesiveness from indoors to out so aesthetically appealing, it's like the home & landscaping are the best possible compliments to one another.

Mel on July 16, 2013 at 10:02 pm
  10. Well, I gotta agree with everyone here. It's beautiful. A job well done and beyond. While it would be a nice vaction home for most, for me and my son it would be a fabulous year round, never gonna move home. Great idea for the pet door and electronic fence. I have always had pets(2 dogs, 1 cat now) and it didn't even dawn on me about letting them roam free(to a point). They would love it, probably as much as my son and I. Oh, and I already see myself tying up chicken necks and crabbing right from the dock. I found a sweepstake where the grand prize is a nice little fishing boat that would fit just right at the end of the dock. Well, 2 weeks to go and we're off to the entering stage. I gotta admit I was starting to jones a little, it's been so long since we had a "home to win" sweep to enter:) Good luck everybody!!

gmartell54 on July 16, 2013 at 9:57 pm