Jun 28

Friday’s Special Treat

As we await the launch of the online virtual tour, I thought you’d enjoy this tease, which comes in the form of a cinemagraph created by our visual designer Jason Kisner. I love the acacia pub table and chairs that offer a magnificent view of Core Sound and those festive lanterns, swaying in the breeze as they suspend from the old pecan tree branches. Perfection!

• Posted at 10:21 am on June 6, 2013

1. I don't know about everyone else, but I can't wait until next Tuesday.

540sam on July 8, 2013 at 1:13 pm
    • I can't wait either!!!! It is one beautiful blog cabin, as they all have been! Good luck to all of us! :-)

NanWes on July 9, 2013 at 1:15 pm
  2. Jennie, it looks like it's time to batten down the hatches again.:S

540sam on July 8, 2013 at 1:54 pm
    • Yes Dear Sam…It looks like Florida is already the target for 2 tropical storms/Hurricanes?? They are
      both lined up and headed in our direction for now. We have had quite a bit of rain this Spring and early Summer..can't afford to get too much more because pretty soon the tree trunk base won't have any stability at all…The. Sycamore tree is on a slope.and every time we get hard rains a little more of the ground washes away…..I need Jason and Matt to come to my back yard and solve this problem.and save my trees!!! LOL…Boy do I wish! Smile!
      Anyway, I'm not looking forward to any Major Storms .As a matter of fact, I am Ready For the "Fall Season" and want to skip Summer all together.:(o.0:@
      I do worry about those two trees in the back yard , they are soooo tall and big.. When we have high winds, the long branches are really moving…So scary and I shutter until the storms have passed…
      I have always been afraid during storms..when I was very young, I would stand at the window to watch the storms and My Sweet Mom use to say, "you should Get away from the windows because lightening can strike you and I would be so very sad if that happened to you"..Of course I minded her and moved away, Good thing I did because one time we had a bad storm and a big tree limb came crashing through the window where I was just standing just minutes after I moved…Moms do Know Best!!!
      I learned my lesson real fast..That scared the ba–gibbies out of me ( my new word) LOL My Mom saved my life….She is in Heaven with the rest of the Angels!! Smile…
      I had a tree trimmer service to give me an estimate for topping out the Sycamore and his quoted me $400 just to top out the tree:(o.0 o.0:( So needless to say, I will pray these trees will stay nice and strong and will last for another 28 years!!:):D^_^B)<3 They Are nice shade trees…^_^B)<3 Oh the other tree is a nice Big Cedar!! Have a Good Evening Sam^_^B)

Jennie/Florida on July 8, 2013 at 10:37 pm
    • I know what you mean about the trees Jennie, my oldest son just trimmed his Maple so much that there isn't even a leaf on it right now. My neighbor has a Maple on our property line that is about 90ft tall and bothers me because of breaking branches, which Maples are known for. One broke off a few years ago and blew over to my hot tub and broke the cover. Sycamores are known for growing around water and have an extensive root system and Cedars, well sometimes I think they are made of rubber because of their toughness and flexibility. I hope this helps comfort you a little:). My God bless and protect you and yours if any storms head your way.<3

540sam on July 9, 2013 at 7:22 am
    • 540sam, if the maple tree is on the property line you can cut all the branches off your side. That will help in the future. This may sound ….. Should the tree fall in a storm, if you have trimmed your side, the weight of the tree will be on the other side and odds are it will not fall on your home.
      I remember this very scenario from my childhood. (it was a monster cherry tree) I remember the two neighbors were arguing about liability if the tree fell and because the branches were on both properties even though the trunk was only on one side …… This was close to 50 years ago.

I remember dad being worried because once the tree was trimmed it would have fallen in our direction and it was a BIG tree.

Eugenia27 on July 10, 2013 at 7:59 pm
    • Trees and neighbors can cause many problems. We had a wise new house owner who took down the problematic trees. As soon as they were down, the evidence of carpenter ants and hollowness on the inside made the decision a wise one! Since then, we've had storms that have brought other trees with similar problems down. His would have landed on his house.

One of the trees was so huge, one young worker said it was the largest tree base he had ever seen!

Trish on July 12, 2013 at 11:35 am
  3. I can't wait to see the completed blog cabin, you can send us more tesing pictures every day if you want to Mary!!! :-)

NanWes on July 8, 2013 at 2:32 pm
  4. So amazing. Can not wait.

StormyWV on July 8, 2013 at 6:40 pm
  5. Thanks to Karenlin's blog about DIY showing BC commercials I went looking on Youtube to see if one was posted. Yep, I found one. I've watched it frame by frame….ha ha!! Don't all of us passionate BC fans do that??
    I love the fireplace mantel, and the timber framing into the living room area the best. Foyer ceiling treatment is very pretty, along with the partial glimpse into the Mega Dens space…I can't wait to see that entire space, and the rest of the house!! So far with these quick glimpses I'd say this home's decor is really relaxing & charming. My dream beach cabin getaway in the perfect location!
    Thanks again Karenlin for the tip, and enjoy this sneak peek fellow BC lovers frame by frame http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W8x11v24s4

Mel on July 9, 2013 at 8:20 am
    • Thanks Karenlin and Mel

vicki_in_Utah on July 9, 2013 at 10:03 am
    • Thanks Karenlin & Mel! I've watched the BC commercial a dozen times but it moved so fast! :o Freezing that youtube link revealed so many surprises! I especially love that they reused the original FP mantel, and that driftwood coffee table is gorgeous. The soft beachy blues that the bloggers chose used in the mega den, living room and sitting area are so perfect. By golly, I love everything I see!:*<3<3

SID on July 9, 2013 at 12:04 pm
    • SID, from the glimpses we've seen of the BC this home has charm in spades–The sponsor finishes are beautiful, but it's those touches of upcycled, recycled items and custom finishes that gives this home it's Razz Ma Tazz
      All of the talented folks that have worked on this home have left me & this home bedazzled. I really can't wait to see the rest of this home!!
      P.S. I'm suppose to be baking cookies to take to my job tomorrow, not watching a commercial frame by frame for the 100th time or blogging :)

Mel on July 9, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    • Thank you, Mel! Thank you, Karenlin! I love sneak peaks!

ladybyrd on July 9, 2013 at 1:08 pm
    • Thank you, Mel and Karenlin!!! I want to keep watching, just like I did with the cabin cam….

Tisha

TishaStanley on July 10, 2013 at 8:53 am
    • Thanks Karenlin and Mel! :D

JudyInMich on July 11, 2013 at 11:51 am
    • Thanks so much for sharing this link. Can hardly wait to see more:)

joyfulj9 on July 11, 2013 at 12:36 pm
    • Thank you Mel and Karen for your "Good Sleuthing" ^_^B) I loved everything I saw in the Cottage so far
      and ready for more, more, more…You know Me by now, I can't get enough^_^<3<3

Jennie/Florida on July 11, 2013 at 6:32 pm
  6. Loved seeing the BC commercial frame by frame! The bathroom and kitchen look great! Thanks Mel for the post. I had looked on you tube and couldn't find it myself and since I don't get DIY Network I hadn't seen the commercial yet.

fanforever on July 9, 2013 at 12:21 pm
    • Fanforever the kitchen is really pretty, the sink facing the wall doesn't look bad at all, like I thought it would! I think the countertops are concrete in a pretty beachy color (greenish blue?) The backsplash is very pretty too and looks great with the cabinets.
      Now I can hardly wait to see the dining area and master bedroom!!
      I'm wondering how Matt M did the vanity and countertop in the master bath? We need to see another commercial !

Mel on July 9, 2013 at 1:27 pm
    • Yes we do! If you find another one on you tube please post it. I just don't seem to have good luck finding things on you tube.:D

fanforever on July 9, 2013 at 2:33 pm
    • Nice to know others are doing the frame by frame viewing, too! It looks fab! To the individual who posted the DIY commercial via YouTube….TY TY TY TY TY TY! And for those of you blogging and letting us know….Ditto!

Did I see individual a/c in one of the rooms with the whale pod artwork?

Trish on July 12, 2013 at 11:45 am
    • Yes you did Trish, it was in the foyer entrance room, and did you notice they didn't put in the phoney beams at the back of the living room.

540sam on July 12, 2013 at 12:58 pm
  7. Did someone say, "beach retreat?" Count me in…I'm dreaming again!

memanbepa on July 9, 2013 at 1:44 pm
  8. I am ready to win this home for my family. I am praying that this time around it goes to someone who could really use a home, and not just somebody getting a second house. My family really needs this.

vstamps924 on July 9, 2013 at 1:56 pm
    • I understand exactly what you're saying! If I were to win, I'd live in it year 'round. My house is falling apart all around me, and right now, there's nothing I can do about it.

Tisha

TishaStanley on July 10, 2013 at 8:50 am
  9. thank you! for the photos! My calendar is marked and I am ready!

willwin1day on July 9, 2013 at 9:01 pm
  10. I'm so loving the pub table and chairs. Does anyone know when the virtual tour will be up to see the whole house?

lillian_gish on July 9, 2013 at 11:01 pm
    • July 16th. Just found it.

lillian_gish on July 9, 2013 at 11:02 pm