Jun 28

Friday’s Special Treat

As we await the launch of the online virtual tour, I thought you’d enjoy this tease, which comes in the form of a cinemagraph created by our visual designer Jason Kisner. I love the acacia pub table and chairs that offer a magnificent view of Core Sound and those festive lanterns, swaying in the breeze as they suspend from the old pecan tree branches. Perfection!

• Posted at 10:21 am on June 6, 2013

1. Good Morning to all, I have coffee ready and made Egg Quiche with fresh crab, green onions and cheese… Fresh Parker rolls with homemade blueberry jam and a Fresh fruit bowl….Enjoy!!!
    I thought it would be nice if We all got together and shared our thoughts about what We liked best about the Cottage and what we liked least (if there is such a thing)…I thought we could have our breakfast/brunch under "Our Pecan Trees". The Sun is shining at the Cottage this morning but I'm sure that will change…Lets enjoy it while we can because pretty soon "It Won't Be Our little Cottage Anymore" :( :(^_^:pB)<3<3

Jennie/Florida on July 6, 2013 at 11:25 am
    • So true Jennie, so soon the dream will belong to one very lucky person! Thank you for the invite to breakfast, I'll be over with some warm peach pecan rolls as soon as I finish moving the sprinkler around the yard. We haven't had any rain now in more than 3 weeks. We sure could use a little of that rain Tisha has been getting, but I would prefer it without the tornado warnings!:'( As for sharing what I like best about the cabin – why that would have to be it's perfect NC water front location! Of course there's lots to love about the house itself, and we haven't even had a peek inside yet, I'm so ready to move!<3<3<3

SID on July 6, 2013 at 1:08 pm
    • I'm a little late for breakfast, but I brought almond croissants. I don't know if I would prefer sitting on the porch looking out to the water or sitting on the dock looking back at the cottage.

Eugenia27 on July 6, 2013 at 4:17 pm
    • I knew I was feeling hungry and missing out on something…:-)

NanWes on July 8, 2013 at 2:34 pm
  2. How wonderful-beautiful people you are. I love reading comments of you. I don't cook very good food- Iuse grocery store items . The biscuits also. They taste and llok better than mine. I have been collecting so many recipes that we can try together when we win the home. I'm sure fresh new kitchen will help with my cooking. I am looking so forward to things to come-maybe more pixs-shows the whole home shown to us. You. guys meals etc. sound so good. Maybe I could bring fruit salad-good for you and I don't think too much damage. What ever weather the home would be there for us. Prayers for Plane crash in Ca. Don't know much execpt fell apart, some miss judgement in landing. 2 pople I hear died. Prayer for them and prayer for survivors including flight team. Hope everyone had safe/happy 4th of July. Thank you for being there for me and everyone. Like cuppola light too. Yea!

bogartandbacall on July 6, 2013 at 5:05 pm
    • Hi B & B, I've been watching the news feeds, but it looks like what you said, plane came in short on the landing. A bad thing, many injured, but lots of survivors is good.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on July 6, 2013 at 6:41 pm
    • I will stop by and try your cooking when you win or you can sample my cooking if you're brave when I win.

TonyE on July 8, 2013 at 7:20 am
    • TonyE LOve your reply. From what I understand only couple places to eat out. But you know we will make our meals much better by going outside to eat and see everything there is to she, like Core Sound. Sitting on porch with table or gazeola (sp) or we can grill out. My husband Donald is a good cook also. But nothing will outdo the blog cabin. See you soon?

bogartandbacall on July 8, 2013 at 1:00 pm
  3. That's a nice tease Mary.Also hoping none of our Bloggers were on that plane that crashed & please pray for all who were !

Angelways on July 6, 2013 at 7:18 pm
    • I love your picture. hopeyou don't remove for a while,makes me think of blog cabin home(direction off but who is worrying about it). Apix of heaven to go with our heavenly cabin. The Lord makes beautiful scenes-Michelle

bogartandbacall on July 6, 2013 at 8:15 pm
    • Thank you,I took this sunrise pic. at Daytona Beach.I love it so much,that I have had it posted for along time.

Angelways on July 10, 2013 at 10:37 pm
  4. Good Sunday to all, I have coffee ready and the Pecan pancakes are almost ready….I'm Sorry my Quiche didn't go over big yesterday..I thought it was de-lish. I got the recipe from my Daughter that lives in Fort Lauderdale..She said the quiche was a big hit at her brunch last weekend. She made it for her in–laws and guests who were visiting from Forth Worth….She said it was a good thing she made two…Oh Well, I tried!!
    I guess with all the wild weather all over the US, our Bloggers didn't feel like gathering at the Cottage for breakfast, I understand…Thank you Sid and Eugenia for joining me…..Anytime We spend at the Cottage is heaven and l Iove to share breakfast with my blogging friends!! Soon our time at the Cottage will end!
    Can't wait to see inside the Cottage and all around the three acres..I'm ready to Walk through and absorb all the things we loved so much and enjoy the new additions…I just know the Cottage will be so cozy, the land and the Views are breathtaking…I feel so fortunate to be part of the results of this lovely Cottage..So many good ideas the bloggers had to make this Cottage what it is today..
    I hope a Blogging Buddy Wins and will be fortunate enough to keep it!
    We will surely miss gathering on the Dock or on front porch after it is given away and we will no longer be able to go and sit on the dock or front porch for breakfast because it will no longer be "Our little Cottage."
    That will be a sad day for Us, but a Happy day for one Lucky winner…As soon as the Winner is announced, I will be ready to move on to the next BC Adventure…I hope this time Mary will let the Bloggers Vote on Our favorite location for the next Blog Cabin…But in the past they had already chosen the new location before the BC is given away…I hope this time, it's not the case.
    For those who are having extreme weather, please chime in and keep us updated on Your situation. Be careful and take care.<3<3<3<3 We Care…
    Florida has been flooding in the Gulf Coast and south Fl, my area is getting daily rain but no torrential downpours or floods!!! Thank you God for that…
    NOTE: Vicki in Utah, We are worried about You and Family…if you can, PLEASE chime in and let us know You are OK <3

Jennie/Florida on July 7, 2013 at 11:13 am
    • I was very impressed with your Quiche! I'm just sorry I was late for the start of the party. Being on the West coast makes me a little late for most parties (that and I'm not a morning person) Maybe if you go for a "Supper" Late Lunch early Dinner.
      I keep coming back just to look at the pictures of the cupola and the swinging lamps. I imagine that is my empty chair on the balcony, I just went back inside to get a shall.

Eugenia27 on July 7, 2013 at 5:56 pm
    • Jennie, I had my nieces yesterday,so I'm sorry I missed breakfast….

I guess we will have "get-togethers" before "our cottage" is won by someone–like you I hope it's one of us–and hopefully, we can still visit and blog with each other…

TishaStanley on July 7, 2013 at 8:32 pm
    • YUM thank you Jeanie

vicki_in_Utah on July 7, 2013 at 10:13 pm
    • Vicki, girl, where have you been? Last we heard from you – you were threatened by wildfires.
      Is everything okay?

Wind Chime Girl on July 7, 2013 at 11:23 pm
    • WCG The Antelope fire was just 10 miles away from our cabin so we went out on the 4th just in case they were going to evacuate us, we would grab spendy stuff like the generator etc, but our prayers were answered and the rain came just in time, we did have lots of ashes falling. but all is good now. Thanks all my blogging buddy s for your prayers. I hope that is the end of the fires. I know Colorado is still having them.

vicki_in_Utah on July 8, 2013 at 12:41 am
    • Vicki, so glad to hear y'all are okay. Thank goodness for your rain. I've been in falling ash and have seen many homes in ruins. We've all been wondering . . .
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on July 8, 2013 at 3:26 am
  5. Haha, very creative! Love the lamps swinging in the breeze. :)

elfie on July 7, 2013 at 3:00 pm
  6. j
    I hope all of my fellow bloggers had a nice holiday weekend. It really felt like the fourth of July here in Maine. Temperatures soared to 96 degrees in some parts, with humidity. Well I guess we need to have at least a week of summer before winter . lol. Mary, please give us a new post to start out the new week. :) <3

bythebaydreamer on July 7, 2013 at 8:28 pm
  7. Well, friends, I was going to tell you that the rains finally stopped. But, guess what?! They're back-with a vengeance. We're flooding and I live on a hill….if I could send the rains to the West where it's truly needed, I would!!
    Have a wonderful evening!!

Tisha

TishaStanley on July 7, 2013 at 8:34 pm
    • Trisha, some of your rains have reached us, enough to put one of the fires under control. Thanks…lol

vicki_in_Utah on July 7, 2013 at 10:12 pm
    • Hi Vicki,
      So glad to hear from you. I'm Happy to know you finally got some much needed rain. I think "the man up stairs" was listening to all Our prayers and He said he didn't want to see "Jennie" do the "Rain Dance" so he had better tear up and open up the skies to let the rains come before Jennie starts dancing LOL.. ! Pray the worst is over for you and your family!
      We have been getting rain here in Florida almost everyday but not the really big "Gully Washers" that some of the Bloggers are getting in Northern FL and Northern states…I will be glad when the weather get back to normal??? What ever that is!!! Strange weather all over the US…

Jennie/Florida on July 8, 2013 at 2:04 am
    • I am glad to hear that you've gotten some rain!! I'm glad, also, that you are safe!! I know that I'm new to blogging, but I've come to think of everyone here as family and I worry that something may happen. Hopefully, you will get more rain–not like I've had, but enough to keep from having so many fires.

Tisha

TishaStanley on July 8, 2013 at 8:51 am
    • I never seem to get use to wild fires/forest fires. I grew up in Topanga Canyon in California. We were always getting evacuated to the beach. Or we would be on the roof with wet towels beating out sparks.

vicki_in_Utah on July 8, 2013 at 9:05 am
    • Tisha, it's feast or famine, it seems. No rain in sight for us. I'm glad Vicki in Utah got a needed break. And I'm sorry you are getting hit again.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on July 7, 2013 at 11:26 pm
  8. OMG, just like SOFT CELL sang, "I cannot stand the way you tease" in the song, "Tainted Love"…I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 2013 Blog Cabin! Best one yet! Thank you SO much for teasing us!!!

Paula Choat on July 7, 2013 at 11:15 pm
  9. Good morning everyone! I'm sure I'm late for breakfast, so how about brunch??

Tisha

TishaStanley on July 8, 2013 at 8:52 am
    • Good morning it is only 7:06 here, so that's not too late for breakfast..LOL…

vicki_in_Utah on July 8, 2013 at 9:06 am
    • Well, then, I guess I'm not late…LOL

TishaStanley on July 8, 2013 at 12:02 pm
    • Tisha, I have my second cup of coffee and I'm thinking I would love to be sitting out on that dock, feeling the gentle breeze, smelling the salty air, listening to the native birds as they greet each other good morning….Becky

bythebaydreamer on July 8, 2013 at 9:33 am
    • Sounds like a plan!!!

TishaStanley on July 8, 2013 at 12:02 pm
  10. HI All, Jenny did you say something about breakfast? I'm there;-)
    I'll go back later and catch up but wanted to let youall know that DIY is running 2 commercials about the blog cabin, you get a quick tiny peek inside the house and of the ocean view, which I am really missing, I love the wood frame for the open space between the living room and stairs….I taped the commercials and have to admit I went thru them frame by frame to feast my eyes:-) Anyway wanted to let you know ;-)

karenlin91 on July 8, 2013 at 1:00 pm
    • At least I'm not alone in my craziness. I don't know how many times I played that back. What a joy after the blog cam was gone to finally see it on the screen. The water view, I basically see every day, since I saved the picture from the blog and put it as my screensaver on the computer.

havanera on July 8, 2013 at 11:41 pm