Jun 28

Friday’s Special Treat

As we await the launch of the online virtual tour, I thought you’d enjoy this tease, which comes in the form of a cinemagraph created by our visual designer Jason Kisner. I love the acacia pub table and chairs that offer a magnificent view of Core Sound and those festive lanterns, swaying in the breeze as they suspend from the old pecan tree branches. Perfection!

• Posted at 10:21 am on June 6, 2013

1. My thoughts and prayers are with the 19 Hot Shot Firefighters that perished their families. May the love and support of family, friends, and community help these families during this very difficult time.

bythebaydreamer on July 2, 2013 at 7:34 am
  2. Hi Tom and Alice ! Wow ! Had no idea that real estate was sooooo expensive in that area. I know the setting is "worth a million " but again, Wow ! I am still going to dream on about our Blog cabin. Not going to let the bubble burst . Wonder how this will be with taxes for those that have lived in the area for years. Happy dreaming bloggers ! best to all Nan ;) <3

Nan on July 2, 2013 at 9:48 am
  3. My heart goes out to all the families who lost their Brave Firefighters..I have always thought they were Heroes and truly amazed of the bravery and the determination to save lives, homes and property….I pray for all those who lost their brave loved ones.and give them the strength to carry on and know these brave firefighters lost their lives doing something they wanted and needed to do, They are Our Heroes…God bless them All<3<3<3

Jennie/Florida on July 2, 2013 at 11:16 am
    • Correction–I pray for all those who lost their brave loved ones and "God" gives them strength to carry on.<3<3

Jennie/Florida on July 2, 2013 at 3:12 pm
  4. When does the sweepstakes begin for the blog cabin???? Thanks!

NanWes on July 2, 2013 at 11:39 am
    • Click on the 'Coming Attractions' at the top of this page and it will give you the dates of the virtual tours and the date the sweepstakes entry period begins – July 29th.

Millie on July 2, 2013 at 6:04 pm
    • Thanks Millie!

NanWes on July 2, 2013 at 6:20 pm
  5. Your poem makes tears come to my eyes. The saddest thing is knowing the truth of the poem. My heart sank when I heard about our firemen and then to see the families left behind. If people knew how small and easy to start fires and then get out of control maybe someone would think twice. I pray for the firemen and their famies and pray to get fire out before any more deaths or damage. amen.

bogartandbacall on July 2, 2013 at 8:55 pm
    • B&B, many wildfires are caused by human carelessness or criminal motive, many are caused by nature and some by a myriad of other human intervention. The Yarnell, AZ, wildfire is credited to a lightening strike from a storm with little rain in it. This tragedy is bad enough, but at least it doesn't seem to have been started by a human. Little comfort, but a bit.
      I'm moved by the outpouring of sympathy and empathy from our bloggers, God bless you all.
      May you all donate generously to your local Volunteer Fire Department or one you may know of. They work so hard with so little resources. Out here in our county, they come from all neighboring bergs & counties to help each other out when the need arises. These people are amazing.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on July 2, 2013 at 10:30 pm
  6. If I win this beautamis home!!:) I can not wait to be able to add my own personal touch here and there. Thank you to all involved.

Barb on July 2, 2013 at 9:45 pm
  7. Can't wait for the big reveal I would love to live by the water; it's been a dream of mine since I was a kid. Good luck to everyone. Let the anticipation begin ;)

Cheawn on July 3, 2013 at 7:52 am
  8. I always dreamed of living by the water also. I wonder what it is about the water is so desirable. My in-laws use to live along the Juanita River and I would like to sit by the river and watch my children play until I had to go out and rescue one of them. I still love the water.

Lorrie Finicle on July 3, 2013 at 8:21 am
  9. Good morning Bloggers ! Had been here then went to Smart House blog. What a surprise that a winner was announced on the face book of the complex where it was built and not on HGTV. This year BlogCabin was the first time I got on to blog and have enjoyed all of you . For some reason ,I could not get on the other site. Anyway, I was so surprised that HGTV did not announce it. I sure hope DIY tells us and does announce the winner of our beautiful Blog cabin when the contest is over. Waiting like all of you to see the videos on the 16 th. Have a great day. best to all- Nan ;) <3 ;) <3 ;) <3 ;) <3

Nan on July 3, 2013 at 11:19 am
    • Nan, there's a new blog on the Smart Home page with the announcement! If you want to get a
      teeny tiny peek at the Good Housekeeping guest room pillows for the BC, check out
      ElemenOPillows on Facebook. : )

DeerSpring on July 3, 2013 at 12:52 pm
    • Thank you DeerSpring ! I did go over to see the winner at the ambush and read everything. However , I do not do face book. my best to you . Now anxious to see our Blog Cabin videos. Nan ;) <3

Nan on July 3, 2013 at 7:49 pm
    • Hi Nan, to be able to post on the HGTV sites you have to join the "Intense Debate" We would love to see you over there. :)

Eugenia27 on July 3, 2013 at 5:33 pm
    • Thank you Eugenia27 ! So nice of you to help a novice. I tried but had a problem –It said my e-mail was already "there" as well as my "Nan" that I use here. I am just hopeless—– You are so kind to try to help me . My best to you Nan ;) <3

Nan on July 3, 2013 at 7:58 pm
    • When I first started I went by Eugenia. It would not let me on because it said my name and email address was already being used. (or something like that) I changed my name to Eugenia27 and it took it.
      Good luck.

Eugenia27 on July 3, 2013 at 8:05 pm
    • Thankyou once again "27" .
      Eugenia, I tried a lot but just not doing something- My very best to you. Nan ;) <3

Nan on July 6, 2013 at 9:51 pm
    • Congratulation to Peggy for winning the Smart Home. For those who live on a dairy farm, they will know how wonderful it will be, to get away from the farm, to view their new home. Dairy farming is a 365 day a year job, with very, very few vacations. Peggy, being a retired Special Education teacher is most deserving of this home, for all the years she spent teaching children with learning and behavior disabilities. My best wishes to another very deserving winner. Have a spectacular July 4th.

Builder on July 4, 2013 at 9:53 am
    • I have to say; with that expression of very deserving, it doesn't leave much credibility to the supposedly random drawing. Some people are very kind and charitable, without having to publicize it. I get a sense Scripps Network and the people involve in the giveaway are playing God. God always have a purpose for individual's life, and if the name of a person is picked on the drawing; then let it be, as long as the requirements are met. It seems that the latest winners are somehow related to some of the most impacting current things happening. In my personal opinion, the drawing looses legality.

havanera on July 5, 2013 at 11:22 am
    • I always look at it as, God's Will. So who ever is picked; it is as it should be.

You are right there are a lot of people who are great people without publicizing it. But I think Scripps research the winner so they will have something positive to say about the winner. Everyone has something in their lives that is good.

Eugenia27 on July 5, 2013 at 3:37 pm
  10. Here's wishing everyone a sparkling and safe 4th.;)

540sam on July 4, 2013 at 5:02 am