Jun 28

Friday’s Special Treat

As we await the launch of the online virtual tour, I thought you’d enjoy this tease, which comes in the form of a cinemagraph created by our visual designer Jason Kisner. I love the acacia pub table and chairs that offer a magnificent view of Core Sound and those festive lanterns, swaying in the breeze as they suspend from the old pecan tree branches. Perfection!

• Posted at 10:21 am on June 6, 2013

1. Mary, ty for the new pics.

Question for Mary: Which is your FAVORITE: BC, DH, SH, UO? You have to keep up with soooooo many. And everyone keeps asking questions. It would be difficult to choose a favorite.

Trish on June 28, 2013 at 2:25 pm
    • Trish, I can't speak for Mary, but for myself there's no question. My absolute favorite is Blog Cabin. Not because of it's size, it's elegance or it's deluxe features, but because it always somehow seems the most like a real home! Every year I think it can't get better, but it does, and I fall in love all over again!

SID on June 28, 2013 at 5:17 pm
    • I can't speak for Mary, but it's always so nice seeing an old pre-loved home being restored to even greater beauty! :-)

Nancy on July 11, 2013 at 4:16 pm
    • what is UO? I know the others…BC (Blog Cabin), DH (Dream Home) & SH (Smart Home).

Monika Wasserman on July 14, 2013 at 12:47 pm
  2. Dear, Dear Every Bloggie,

You can't imagine how badly I have missed you, my Bloggie Family! It's a wonder at how close one can become, after about 3 years of regular, near daily interaction on this special DIY Blog. I am hook, line and sinker stuck–and having to be away for so long has been very difficult, for I HAVE thought of you and wondered…. Word has gotten back to me that some of you wondered about what was up hereabouts too! Thank you, each of you, who have been thinking about us and praying for our family during this tough time. Judy/Michigan was so sweet to both tweak me about getting back on the Blog and to let you know an update. I'm very grateful to Judy! Here's the scoop on Gary:

Gary is now doing very well after cancer surgery–they got it all and he had a wonderful facial reconstructive surgeon who gave him a new nose after most of the original was removed. We're so thankful to God for leading us to the right surgeons and directing the entire situation. I'm trying to get back on the Blog and update everyone–but I am guilty for not doing so sooner. Everyone is so wonderful and i know you've been asking. Don't know if you've caught info previously about me caring for a disabled daughter too? That's where the delay has been, even as Gary has been convalescing. She's had a major relapse, which has required constant watch-care. She is unable to care for herself at all, yet has run off a couple times and i now cannot leave her unattended. Unless we can stabilize her, this will change our Maine vacation plans next month as well. The circumstance is one of those things which families just do, if it happens to ya. I'll begin doing my best to ease back into blogging. My beautiful adult daughter, when relapsing, thinks much like an illogical child, denies the illness and disposes of her medicines. It's a battle. Again, Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for Gary's cancer surgery!!! We are so grateful he is clear! You guys are the best! I've missed you!xD^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 28, 2013 at 4:26 pm
    • Thank you, Kitty, for updating us! We have missed you, too. I will continue to keep you and yours in my prayers!!

Tisha

TishaStanley on June 28, 2013 at 4:39 pm
    • Thank you so much Tisha! <3 You're the best~~and, didn't you just GRADUATE??? Congratulations are in order!!!! Best Wishes for all your hopes and dreams to come true!!! :D :p^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 28, 2013 at 4:48 pm
    • LOL…yes, I did just graduate! I have the graduation ceremony on my facebook…thankfully my group came in second, so no one has to watch the entire thing…LOL There are a few pictures as well.
      I'm working on making my dreams come true…it's gonna take a little work, but I'll get there!!

Love to you, Kitty!!

Tisha

TishaStanley on June 28, 2013 at 7:51 pm
    • I have been off the blogs also and I know how much this contact means to you. I keep your family in my prayers and have so much hope for your daughter's life to even out so you can rest. Sending love and daily prayers. <3 <3 <3

LLColeman on June 29, 2013 at 6:33 pm
    • Dearest LL, Just to keep my very overdue promise, and let you know, again, how much you (FIRST) and your thoughts and prayers mean to me! You are very Special to me and I am so grateful to DIY and this Blog for our friendship!!! Yesterday Gary and I tearfully hospitalized Michelle once again. Her disease is not improving, but the opposite. Even when she does take her meds, she's in a very painfully bad state. How can a Mom, who carried her Babe for 9 months, struggling to hold her pregnancy alive, after losing her twin, then watching the gorgeous Babe grow into such a gentle, kind and giving human being, then watch the ravages of health destroy like this? Inexplicable. Only God knows…. Thank you for your kind encouragement. I want to keep encouraging you too, for I know things are tough out West. My heart carries you daily now too, for you have become very special! May God be with and provide for you! love, Kitty^_^<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 4:31 pm
    • And we mist you too Mrs Kitty!
      I hope it all get's and stays better for you and you're family. You're family is in my Prayers as all ways! :*
      I tried to keep you updated on FB but there slowing down now with the finale touch up's! I wish I could have help you out more! =/
      You're Friend B) Frank S.

asandmancan on June 28, 2013 at 4:56 pm
    • I miss you too, Frank! You're such a delightful and sensitive young friend whom I really appreciate! I enjoy our FB friendship too–although, teehee, sometimes, youthful jest and language gets to my more sensitive, senior gut, but I know the man behind it all, and care about who HE IS!!! LOL :D You're the best and I thank you for keeping me updated! I sure hope and pray work is coming more your way now that housing is picking up a bit–people need safe electrical work! (((HUGS))) Kitty<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 4:38 pm
    • <3 <3 <3

asandmancan on July 9, 2013 at 7:50 pm
    • TY Frank! God bless you! <3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 10, 2013 at 12:15 am
    • Kitty, you have been very much missed, and knowing how much your best friend and husband Gary means to you, I just couldn't help worrying! It is wonderful to know that Gary has come through his surgery and is recovering, and that you are also O.K. Those of us who have spent any time as caretakers for a family member can sympathize with how difficult it can be to find a moment for oneself, so please don't feel you have to reply to all those old posts from we worry wort friends! It is enough for us just to know you are O.K. I hope your daughter gets back in balance, Gary recovers quickly and that you will still be able to get a little well earned vacation time in Maine this summer. Hugs, Sandy<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

SID on June 28, 2013 at 5:04 pm
    • Dearest Sandy,
      You know, I was just thinking, we've been Bloggie Buddies for about 3 years now–I just want you to know how much your friendship means to me! Your wit, kindness, insight, beautiful writing, thoughtfulness towards all, always there for everyone! Thank you so much! Be sure and be there for yourself too, OK?! Thanks for being a worry wort about me–even though I worry back because I don't want to make ANYONE worry at all about me!!! Make sense? Nah! I know… Just wanted to tell you how much I love and appreciate you, Sandy, and to let you know that Gary looks marvelous with his new nose! And better still, is cancer free–I'm sure you and all who have been praying for him and us have a part in the miracle, for which we are eternally grateful! On a sadder note, we hospitalized Michelle yesterday. Even if and when she takes her meds, there's not sufficient improvement and she suffers grievously WITH the medicine too. We're supposed to fly to Maine on the 27th. I don't know that we can now. Could really use the healing breath of fresh air and relaxation at Pemaquid Point. Just have to see… Always lovingly, your friend, Kitty<3^_^<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 4:53 pm
    • Kitty thank you sweetie, your kind words mean so much to me!<3<3<3 I very much return your high regard and friendship! The news about Gary is wonderful, but I'm so sorry to hear about your daughters relapse. I will, and I know others here will also, continue to pray for your family. A sick child, of any age is about the most difficult worry one can ever have, so please remember to take good care of yourself. I hope she will improve quickly so that you and Gary can take that well earned trip to Maine. <3<3<3Hugs, always your buddy, Sandy

SID on July 10, 2013 at 5:28 pm
    • Kitty,Happy for Gary and you. May God bless and be with you in the challenges in your life. my prayers are with and for you and your family. best to all – Nan

Nan on June 28, 2013 at 6:22 pm
    • Nan, what sweet and encouraging words! I so appreciate your note and those prayers! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! We've had a particularly challenging week with our daughter's illness round the clock–finally having to hospitalize her yesterday. I am certain that God has heard your and all the other dear Bloggies who have been lifting us up in prayer. Gary's doing great, and is cancer-free! :D His new nose "rooks mahvelous" too! LOL! I'm so grateful, truly! Like the Bible says in the Book of Job, "…the Lord gives, and also takes away,…but I will forever bless His Name!" [paraphrase by Kitty] Somehow, we will get through and just keep seeking and praying for Michelle. Again, thank you, Nan, for your thoughtfulness and wonderful post! <3<3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 5:04 pm
    • So glad to have you back here, Kitty. As you know, you have been sorely missed. Prayers and blessings to you and your family. :) <3:D Judy

JudyInMich on June 28, 2013 at 9:12 pm
    • Dearest Judy,
      You are such a sweet encourager and a ROCK! Thanks so much for all your help, your prayers and emotional encouragement! Just wanted to remind you how very Special you are–and how much I hope and pray that EVERY SINGLE precious little creature who needs a home that you post on FB will find one just as kind and loving and caring as are you! We hospitalized Michelle yesterday. It was difficult beyond means and very heartbreaking, even though we know it's best. Our concern is the hospital's revolving door system though. If history is a lesson, this too, shall keep repeating like a broken record, till God intervenes. Thank you so much for your friendship, prayers and blessings–and I wish the very same for you!!!!<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 5:13 pm
    • Dear Kitty,
      I know that had to be a very hard, heartbreaking decision, but we can pray that the hospital can do its work and Michelle gets the help she needs. Hugs to you and Gary. God bless. <3 Judy

JudyInMich on July 11, 2013 at 11:27 am
    • Kitty, we've all been waiting to hear from you, so very glad the news is good news for Gary.
      I know about folks needing to stay on their meds and I know how hard it is to KEEP them on them. I know it's a constant struggle, but there is only so much one can do . . .
      Everyone here has been needing to hear from you, and your family is still in all our prayers.
      Check in again when you can – okay?
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on June 28, 2013 at 10:25 pm
    • Oh, WCG, YOU are so right!!! Even when Michelle IS on her meds it's really bad–and very painful, plus neurological problem/side effects for her! She's so sweet, generous-hearted and kind and her illness has just broken our hearts! We did hospitalize her yesterday, but, alas, the hospital does little more than numb and medicate, then send their patients off again, until a repeat–which is why we tried so hard to wait. Sorry I took so long to get back to you! I really do appreciate your encouraging words and prayers! Last week was the worst of a nightmare of the past 5 weeks, with poor Michelle–and Gary's surgery, which, praise God, was an awesome success! I am thankful for you and all my dear DIY Bloggie Friends. <3

<3 Do you think DIY has any idea of the GOOD they have done??? Yes, the Blog Cabin, from concept to build-out is awesome, but it goes so much deeper than that! My family is not the only family that has endured personal things along the way, while we faithfully follow the DIY Network! I personally can think of several dear Ones…. You know, I'm thinking this moment of the old saying, <3 "HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS" <3 and thinking how aptly the DIY Network draws our hearts into making our homes special, as we put our hearts and energies into making them special to us. DIY Does just that!!!<3 The Blog Cabin Experience <3 has actually been a blessing to me–whether I ever win any palpable ITEM or not. I'm already a WINNER–thanks to you and the Blog!!!

<3 Now, how about making your Wind Chime Girl Chimes ring THAT Message everywhere!!! Thanks again and again, sweet Friend!!! Love, Kitty^_^ <3

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 5:34 pm
    • Kitty, bless your heart – you answered everyone individually. Maybe your daughter will get a little more help this time. Hospital personnel just have to see the pain involved for the families in situations like this. Maybe you will run into someone with enough compassion to finally offer something good for your daughter's life.
      I think you are 100% correct about DIY BC and the blog. I have made new friends here that I never thought possible and everyone here has been so kind to me & forgiving for the several bloopers I've made. AND, I find myself worrying about everyone, most recently you and Vicki in Utah with the fires, Tisha & Jennie with the storms, the list is long.
      Love you back, my friend. It looks like you have a whole lot of caring friends praying for you yet.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on July 10, 2013 at 6:29 pm
    • Thanks so much for updating us Kitty, glad everything is better with Gary but disheartening about your daughter. You have much to do and understand your absence from us. We miss you and hadn't heard anything and were concerned but we all know you have your hands full. Will talk to you again, whenever you can.<3

540sam on June 28, 2013 at 10:51 pm
    • Dear Neighbor and Friend, 540sam,
      I took long enough to respond and I'm so sorry. This past week has ranked as the hardest, as we've wrestled with our Daughter's continuing health issues. Yesterday, we hospitalized her, though I expect the facility to just numb her up and put her out again, shortly, as usual. Virginia, as, no doubt, most of our Nation, doesn't do a decent job with facilities nor proper treatment for those suffering mental illness. My daughter is kind and generous to the extreme. She's sweet, beauty queen gorgeous, one wouldn't suspect it, she wouldn't hurt a flea. But she lives in a life of terror-stricken fear of what only she hears or sees or feels, and we cannot physically provide her watchcare, strength and comfort 24/7–it just is humanly impossible. She is 42 and our hands are tied, insofar as any protective orders… You used the most apt term: disheartening. We're only human and this requires a work far Greater than we can provide. Thanks so much for your kindness and encouragement! I know most all on this Blog have much of their own loads to bear and my heart wants so much to be a better support system FOR OTHERS, than myself, for that is my nature. But sincere gratitude fills my heart–and I look forward to better days for ALL our Bloggie Group! The Blog Cabin looks Fabulous, doesn't it? Saw the 30-second You-Tube spot today 1st time. WOW! Best to you, 540sam! Thanks again!!! <3^_^<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 5:58 pm
    • Unfortunately Kitty, for anyone who suffers from the same illness as your dear Daughter has the drawback of suffering what almost seems like medieval care when compared to other illnesses. We can only blame our system for not keeping up on research and advancement in medicine as the other more financially lucrative fields. It's something that can't be just cut out or sewn up so the just throw medication, good and bad, in hopes for some sort of neutrality. I know you are a strong person Kitty, but enough is enough, I only wish I were there to help instead of just blog. You stay strong girl, and we all are praying for you and yours.<3<3

540sam on July 10, 2013 at 6:40 am
    • Missed you here and on FB. Knew that something had to be up. I am very glad that The surgery went well. Did Gary get a cute little button nose or is it similar to the original? You know my situation and it isn't getting any better, although I don't have to deal with running off yet. I hope that you have or will soon find help in caring for your daughter. Care giver is not an easy job. You have worked most of your life and now you have the hardest job ever. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself Kitty.<3

YankeeNuke on June 29, 2013 at 2:12 am
    • My very dear buddy, Frank,

I Still think of you and Ellen loads–how can I ever forget? I Know your moccasins, Frank. They fit both of us well, but the stones we walk over can hurt…. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts, prayers and humorous insertion within your note!!! I just told Mel that I haven't lost my sense of humor. God has a great One and He gave me one too. My dear,departed,ultra-Christian Conservative Missionary Mom (for whom I was caregiver in my home for 20 + years) used to come up with some very unexpected doozies, such as, "God has to have a sense of humor, because, when He created them, He drew targets on the rear ends of baboons!" No, Gary' nose is NOT a BUTTON! It looks awesome as does he, better with age, like fine wine…. I'm so grateful to God they got all his cancer and were able to build an amazing-looking new nose! Sadly, we had to again, hospitalize Michelle. Sadly, also, they probably won't do much or keep her, but push her out the revolving door. Ad infinitum. So goes life, my friend. Love and prayers back at you! (((HUGS))) too! Kitty<3^_^

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 4:17 pm
    • Kitty; Thank you very much for your note. You are often in my thoughts as well and I hope and pray that somehow your life will be happy and easier as time passes. A sense of humor is a requirement for living and surviving. Hugs and kisses – Frank________________________________> From: notifications@intensedebatemail.com > To: frankrh77@live.com > Subject: DwnSoDwnEaster replied to your comment on Friday's Special Treat >

YankeeNuke on July 11, 2013 at 8:16 pm
    • YES, Frank, a sense of Humor is the great panacea that lightens the weight of pain–nothing like it out there. It is also a great wrinkle defeater–I use it everyday! Love to you and Ellen! Thanks for writing! BIG Sasquatchette (((((HUGS)))))) for you—thought you might particularly enjoy one of those…<3:p;)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 12, 2013 at 2:36 pm
    • Sasquatch is still in Maine, but there appears to be a large eel digging a path up to the 2013 blog cabin right along the dock. Not sure is it is one or a pair that might make a family there. Whatever it is I would want rails on the dock so that I wouldn't fall in and find out. Hugs back to you. My most positive thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Take care of yourself._Frank_______________________________> From: notifications@intensedebatemail.com > To: frankrh77@live.com > Subject: DwnSoDwnEaster replied to your comment on Friday's Special Treat >

YankeeNuke on July 14, 2013 at 1:30 pm
    • Kitty I'm so glad to see an update from you, and hearing that Gary is doing so well. I hope things improve with your daughter. You and yours remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Mel on June 29, 2013 at 7:55 am
    • Oh, dear, dear Mel! As always, you are such a faithful sweetheart to think of others and to write an encouraging blog note! Thank you!!! Yes, Gary really is doing fantabulously! I'm so grateful that all the cancer is gone and margins are clean. What is so amazing is how they restored his nose! He is as handsome as ever too! :) …as I paste a little noseless smiley… LOL! Still have my sense of humor side–it's not gone–but my heart is broken, for we did have to hospitalize, yet again, my daughter yesterday. Last week was so challenging, I barely got over to the Blog. Thanks to you and all who have been such wonderful encouragers and prayer warriors for my family! We really can use those prayers–but mostly, our entire Nation NEEDS a far better mental health system for those who are, sadly so, afflicted. There also needs to be a better way for families who love their afflicted adult children to be part of the communication and health support system, for the patient often doesn't know or remember sufficiently to help the medical care team care for them properly, with incorrect or limited information. My daughter is gorgeous, tender, generous and kind, but she gives everything away, even what doesn't belong to her. Last time, she gave all her possessions and clothes, about 8 weeks ago–then she realized all she had left, were the unmatched pajamas on her back. But doctors won't allow us (parents) to participate nor tell them even this! I am now an advocate for the (all) mentally ill. Check out NAMI, or Google them. Most afflicted ones are non violent. Most States have NOWHERE to give them respite or dignified housing… Sorry, I'm on my band wagon… But thanks for listening. Thanks, Mel for being YOU!!! :D (((HUGS))) and love, Kitty<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 4:03 pm
    • Kitty, You were greatly missed! So glad Gary is doing better! Live certainly throws us all some curve balls (or a basket of them)! I hope there are some close by that can give you support. I will continue to keep ALL of you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm not sure if you will be able to make your trip to Maine this year. Maybe a little later in the year? Becky

bythebaydreamer on June 29, 2013 at 2:54 pm
    • Dear Becky, I said I would respond–though I am terribly late–to the Bloggies, and of course, you and I also communicate otherwise, which I treasure… But, to keep my word, just another 'thank you' is in order! Or a basket-full of them! We hospitalized Michelle yesterday after a wrenching week… With that said, you're right, it is unknown about our annual Maine trip, alas! We really need it too. Gary's calling the folks that rent us our place close to the family cottage, because the family cottage is full. We always try to stay up there at least 2 weeks.–don't know what this will mean to our leasors–or how long the hospital will keep Michelle. Unfortunately, my belief is she needs more time in-hospital than they keep her. It has historically been useless hospitalization each time before. We really hope our folks who have the Pemaquid Point cottage will be able to work around our present uncertainty. They are from Virginia too, and we are their only renters–as a favor. We hate to mess their plans up! Thanks for you sweet encouragement, as always, and may the Lord touch and keep and provide for your every need too! Love, Kitty^_^<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 3:39 pm
    • Kitty, Thumbs up! You are so sweet! I am just happy to hear that Michelle is where she needs to be. I pray she gets the help she needs and you and Gary are able to get some rest. Have a good day my friend! Becky <3

bythebaydreamer on July 10, 2013 at 7:25 am
    • Hi Kitty, glad Gary's recovering, and that's certainly a big problem with your daughter. <3;) Blessing and prayers coming your way.

MaryPA on June 29, 2013 at 5:53 pm
    • Dearest MaryPA, I really do hope that finally, things are restoring and smoothing out for you and your family since your terrible disaster! I think of you often still! For you to stop all and pray for and write to me means more than you can imagine! How precious and special you are! Those prayers mean the world to me! Thank you so much! Love, Kitty^_^<3<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 3:26 pm
    • Kitty, Glad to hear Gary's good news. Continued thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Trish on June 29, 2013 at 10:22 pm
    • Oh, Trish! You are such a dear to encourage and pray for my family!!! Thank you so much for your faithfulness and great patience with me. Last week was our most challenging and I scarcely got on the Blog at all. Please forgive me for not writing back sooner. (((HUGS))) and much gratitude and most sincere best wishes for God's richest Blessings to you and yours! Kitty:*<3<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 3:22 pm
    • Hi Kitty, I'm glad you were able to get back to the blog and let everyone know how you and yours are doing. We really are a family here. You and your husband have been in our prayers, we will now add your daughter.
      I am so happy that Gary's surgeries have gone so well. You once mentioned that his was different than other melanomas; did you get pictures that you could maybe share on a cancer web site. that may help others in the same situation. No worries if you don't or can't, you have enough to keep you busy.
      Glad to see you back even if it is just to check in with everyone.

Eugenia27 on June 30, 2013 at 5:44 pm
    • Hi Eugenia! Thanks for your faithful prayers and friendship! I see that Bunny is going on a long trip and taking a friend along..Now THATS the way to travel! :D To answer your question about the pictures, that's the problem. There really didn't appear to be anything. Gary had an extremely invasive/infiltrative basal cel carcinoma–but nothing looked off. Usually with skin cancers, you see something. There was no change in color, texture or skin moisture level. Nothing. I just noticed a slight depression and change in the shape of the tip of his nose. It was so subtle, he didn't notice it; but, yours truly, who happens to be an annoying detail person and artist who notices minutiae and would probably notice an invisible amoeba if it glided by, saw it and began urging him to look into it. There really was nothing to show up on a photo, and post operation, I don't think Gary would want anyone to see, until plastic surgery restoration. But you're right, there needs to be information to alert people to note CHANGES to shape or form of their skin too. THAT can indicate skin cancer and it can be, as was Gary's, mostly "underground" very like ice bergs! It was malignant, but the MOHS surgeon was able to clear all margins, thank God! Thanks so much for the welcome and that is a great idea–wish there was something to photograph. Just be careful with changes, Folks! Gary was not that much of a sun-worshipper…:o:|B)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 30, 2013 at 9:31 pm
    • Kitty, Hi. I've been away from the blog for a few days, but was so happy and relieved to see your post . Great news that Gary is doing well. Sorry that your daughter has had a relapse, however. Boy, life sure lays it on sometimes. You have such a good heart and great attitude, Kitty, that I just know things will be OK for you and your family. Keep hanging in there, sweet lady! <3<3<3Boo

Boo on June 30, 2013 at 8:58 pm
    • Boo, you are so faithful and encouraging!!! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. Last week was the roughest of the past 4 weeks. My daughter was hospitalized yesterday. Gary is doing so well from his cancer surgery and completely clean of cancer!!! :) How awesome is that?! God blesses us, even as we go through difficulties, so we learn to trust and let Him carry us–because, in His timing, answers DO come! Thanks for writing and God Bless and be with you too!!! Lovingly, Kitty<3<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 3:17 pm
    • Sending best wishes and good thoughts for healing for your family, Kitty. It is often so hard to be the care giver so try to make some time for yourself, too! Just a few minutes here and there to calm and relax can go a long way to give the energy to keep giving!

Downonthefarm on July 1, 2013 at 6:13 pm
    • Oh, Downonthefarm, you are so thoughtful! I do appreciate you so much! And you're right, but for now, I cannot take much time away. I'm even answering all the Bloggie notes above in spurts, for the situation is not good or easy right now with our Daughter's disability and illness. I have to stand by her to protect her from her decisions… Very scary. Thank you and all for continued prayers–I'll jump in to blog whenever I can and keep answering all my dear Bloggie Family notes as I can. Much love to all of you. Special thanks to you, Downonthefarm. I'd like to be on the farm with you right now! teehee!;):p:D<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 2, 2013 at 2:09 pm
    • Sounds to me that Downonthefarm, is talking from experience. I know I never slowed down until it started to affect my health. I was able to get away for a couple of days and I walked on the beach and collected some drift wood and a few rocks. When I got back, one day I could feel my blood pressure rise, I was trying to think of anything to do that would slow my racing heart, I was frantic and when I was looking around (more like searching – for ANYTHING) I spotted my rocks and sticks and it was like someone flipped a light switch; I immediately calmed down.

You may not be able to physically get away but maybe you have something that can mentally or spiritually take you away for even just a moment.

Love you, Eugenia

Eugenia27 on July 2, 2013 at 6:29 pm
    • Music is a great escape for me, Eugenia. I particularly like the music of Tim Janis, Josh Groban, and love to escape into oldies from the 50s-60's! My BP stays pretty low, thank God, but I do try to physically relax, lest it begin edging upward. I enjoyed what Downonthefarm and you both said. As a child, I was around some farm animals quite a bit, in Brasil. I had my own pet rooster, who hatched in my hands. He thought I was mom, literally. We were close, played together and he was loyal to me. They are intelligent, trainable animals. It was relaxing to be around my pets of all types. Great memories! :D <3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 13, 2013 at 8:18 pm
    • So true!

Eugenia27 on July 2, 2013 at 6:30 pm
    • God Bless Kitty, we'll all keep you and your family in our prayers.

NanWes on July 2, 2013 at 11:45 am
    • Thank you so much for those prayers, NanWes! We need them. Welcome to the Blog! I, at least haven't seen you here before, though I can tell you are a good Bloggie already, in your own right! :D All the best to you and yours–and a happy 4th of July!!!xDB)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 2, 2013 at 2:00 pm
    • Kitty you and Gary have been in our prayers, so glad to hear things are looking up. It is amazing what the doctors can do now day

vicki_in_Utah on July 3, 2013 at 4:33 pm
    • Thank you so much Vicki! Gary is doing so well! God is good and has heard all your prayers! Sadly, my eldest Daughter is very ill, and we hospitalized her yesterday, again. The problem appears incurable and is mental–but I believe nothing is impossible to God. You've always been a sweet and special Blogger–and you've had your own challenges, Vicki. I think of you so often. Love, Kitty<3<3

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 3:11 pm
    • Vicki, have you gotten some rain, for a change? I have been concerned for you and your family and all the wildfires nearby… Thanks for your constant thoughts and prayers! I care about you and yours too!<3<3<3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 13, 2013 at 8:21 pm
    • Dear Kitty,
      I hope that your family is okay. I have just read your blog. I sometimes look at the blogs. I also have a 21 years old daughter whom has had her own problems. She will do fine once she takes her med on time every evening around seven!!!!!!!!!! I do not mean to intrude, but is it bipolar?????????? Please, feel free to write me anytime you wish. May God will give you all the strength you need!!!!!!!!!!! Best wishes.
      Zisan

zisan on July 4, 2013 at 4:58 pm
    • Dear Zizan,
      Thanks for writing, for encouraging and for your patience. I'm sorry to hear that your 21 yr old daughter faces similar issues. Mine is 42, a stunning beauty with a heart of tenderness and generosity–yet very confused by schizophrenia. We have no idea of any genetic origin, if so. Even with treatment, she's deteriorating and it just shatters a Mother's heart. I'm certain you know what I mean, Zizan. May you find strength in God's constant comfort and love. My daughter has lived with us for years, both my hubby and I have had cancer this year–thanks to the Lord I was healed miraculously of 3 types in January; and, Gary just had successful surgery just last month. Yesterday, we had to hospitalize Michelle. It was for the best. My big concern is the hospitals try to evict patients too fast and just numb them with meds and turn the patient out… You had that experience? Sad. The best to you and yours. I appreciate your sweet note and candor so much! (((HUGS)))<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 3:05 pm
    • Ooops! Sorry! I mis-spelled your name! So sorry! Kitty:S

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 3:06 pm
    • My brother suffers schizophrenia as well. Originally was considered just slow but by the time he was 24 the voices appeared. It was a constant heartbreak for my mom (who recently passed) I tried to take care of him and her for many years (mostly company for mom and her knowing I was watching/doing for him) Very hard with four children of my own (had twin sons Healthy) Anyway your right about the system of mental health care.. I also included a home for PSTD veterans for 7 yrs. whilst raising my children. Eventually, we had to trust a group home for my brother. I know its not a perfect situation by any means but he does feel more a part of society now than he used to and he is 47 now and even works part time with his SSI. I send a humble prayer to you that a similar situation would help your daughter.. GOD BLESS your strength , I fear mine has severely been impacted and sometimes think I am now bi polar, very stuck!!

coolsmiley on July 18, 2013 at 8:18 pm
    • Kitty, so glad to hear your husband is on the mend now. Good luck in getting your daughter stabilized. It seems you can hardly catch a break. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. Don't forget to take care of yourself too. It's like they tell you on the airplanes…put on your oxygen mask first and then take care of others…ther's a reason for that.

Windsmurf on July 8, 2013 at 1:22 pm
    • Dear Windsmurf, thanks so much for writing and for sharing such GREAT wisdom! Yesterday, we hospitalized my dear Daughter. Yet again! She has the most tender, giving heart, but the disease, even when she takes her meds is just too much. All they do at the hospital is sedate her. I hate it. Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers–you're so special!:S<3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on July 9, 2013 at 2:55 pm
    • I too have been absent from the BLOG for personal/health/family issues. However, I want you to know I have thought of you and miss your comments & support. You are one of those positive people who always says kind things to everyone. And, I truly appreciate that. I am so sorry you have gone thru so much & continue to to live thru so many rough challenges. You deserve something good, no- great to happen and you are in my prayers for that. If you aren't the winner here I know GOD will bless you greatly. Just a feeling.

Keep being you…

StellaF on July 15, 2013 at 10:35 pm
  3. I am so very glad to have the new threads!! It's made my day a bit better, that's for sure! We have flooding here, my daughter was late to work this morning because we couldn't find a road that we could go down and now she has to stay late…15 minutes late and almost a 12 hour day, because roads are gone–literally.
    Thankfully, I live on a hill, but my basement has been taking in water anyway…we've been making sure to keep it empty. Not easy to do when the basement was built with weep holes…we have been pumping off and on since 3 am.

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend!!

Tisha

TishaStanley on June 28, 2013 at 4:43 pm
    • Hope you dry out soon, these rains are something else. Prayers that everyone stays safe. <3 Judy

JudyInMich on June 28, 2013 at 9:16 pm
    • Tisha,
      Wish you could spare some rain for us down here, 100+, again, and no rain in sight. We are running our well pump almost constantly trying to keep a tiny "green zone" around the house. Mother Nature continues to be unkind to so many of us. Everyone is having to haul hay already for livestock, it doesn't look good, again.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on June 28, 2013 at 10:31 pm
    • Hi WCG, what state do you live in?? I would love to share some of Our rain with you^_^<3 Weather Man has predicted rain for the next 8 days for us here in Florida…We will flood again and worry about big trees falling due to saturated ground…We will Pray for rain in your area!!! I know last BC in 2012 we had some Blogging Buddies that were having droughts and we were praying for rain in their area…Vicki in Utah was one Blogger among quite a few…We were suggesting rain dancing might help:)^_^ and finally they got some rain…You never know, it might help, it worked for our friends out west ;) ^_^:pB)<3

Jennie/Florida on June 28, 2013 at 11:03 pm
    • I would absolutely love to give you some rain!! The weather has been crazy, that's for sure! Some of the farmers here have already got problems because of all the rain.

TishaStanley on June 29, 2013 at 7:30 am
    • Hi WCG! It's hot (over 100) and dry here in AR also. We're on watering restrictions, so really limited to how much we can do to save the landscaping.:( Hope we don't lose too much. Most important though is of course everyones safety. The draught and fires, tornadoes, hurricanes and wildfires of the past couple of years have caused such heartbreak for so many others.

SID on June 29, 2013 at 9:47 am
    • Hi, girls, I'm in Texas. The "cap" has moved west and is heating up Nevada, Cal, etc. now. I'm used to 100'+, but couple that with high winds and extremely low humidity and you have the same conditions that caused the wildfires we had a couple of years ago. We live way, way out in the sticks in the middle of cattle ranching, dairying and hay country. We don't get tornado sirens out here and our cell service is sporadic. Hence the tornado shelter & plenty of stores in it, along with a bucket (guess why).
      We smelled smoke a little while ago and were on alert. You can tell the smell when the fire is put out so we are okay. A little rain is all we ask for. The fields are burned up, trees are still dying because they haven't caught up from the 2010 draught.

Wind Chime Girl on June 29, 2013 at 10:06 pm
    • Jennie, we seriously know about rain dancing, guess we'll have to get our jiggy on again.
      Sandy, I've never heard of Ark. being on water restrictions. When we lived in the DFW area, before we retired, we knew all about watering restrictions. It was an annual occurrence since the heat wave of 1980. It was so hot that year I was watering my roof to cool the house off (instead of watering the yard). The ave. temp. in June was 104' and it didn't improve for months. Then came the draught of 2000, then 2010, hmmmm. It was so hot in the summers and so cold and icy in the winters I theorized that the Earth had taken an oval orbit around the sun that was causing the bizarre weather. Well, I was still young in 1980, go figure. Ha, remember that Twilight Zone where the Earth was spiraling away from the sun?
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on June 29, 2013 at 10:17 pm
  4. I can't wait for the virtual tour of bc 13!!! I also watched the transformation from the start to the end, and everything in between. So, good luck to the all of you at the sweepstakes of the house!!

jimmy on June 28, 2013 at 5:03 pm
  5. Mary, thank you for the treat!
    When can we start entering for this giveaway?

northfamily on June 28, 2013 at 6:14 pm
  6. Hi everyone! I sure have missed you all! How about those great pictures from Mary and Jason? I get shivers just thinking about the whole thing! It's just sooo exciting! Can't wait 'till we can all start entering for the sweepstakes to win! It will be so much fun, and I can barely wait 'till the big reveal of everything inside! I hope you all are sitting on the edge of your chair like I am! He-hee! BEST OF LUCK TO ONE AND ALL!^_^

amberPA on June 28, 2013 at 6:43 pm
  7. Looking very forward to the virtual tour but appreciate the small tidbits along the way.

MasonsNana on June 28, 2013 at 8:34 pm
  8. These pictures are absolutely awesomely beautiful. I was tickled to death when I opened Blog to see new thread. I still countdown for the 16th. That is also All-star Game. Two great things going on(Blog is much more exciting though andcan't wait for it). Things are all right with me and my family I am sorry about everyone having things happening. Prayer always works-sometimes not the way we want-but God is always there with and for you. I pray things go better for you guys. I've really enjoyed this blog with you and of course the Home Cabin. Won't be long to see the whole picture. If it is something now wait till we can see it all.xD

bogartandbacall on June 28, 2013 at 9:51 pm
    • B&B, you said it! Both times! Glad to hear you are doing better.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on June 28, 2013 at 10:34 pm
  9. I must say that these new photos really dish up a nice big serving of calm! I can imagine how soothing it would be to just sit and take in a sunrise or sunset and watch the water while a soft breeze melts away the worries of the day! Thanks for the update!

Downonthefarm on June 29, 2013 at 12:00 am
  10. Thank you Mary, the Pics are great, I love those swaying lanterns hanging from "Our Pecan trees" and love that you chose the Fresnel light for the Cupola instead of the Green Globe. The Globe would have been a green glow in the cupola instead of a bright light the Cupola needed to highlight the Cottage at night so the boaters can see the Cottage at night. I don't think a Green light would do justice to the great Cupola that stands so high over Our beautiful Cottage.
    We are so ready to tour inside..We have been on a long journey and We have waited soooo long to see inside. Not only to see the People's Choice but to see all the other items from the original Cottage that were so lovely and added so much history of the Robinson's Family.. There is so much to see..I Can't Wait!!
    The Virtual tour will not get here soon enough..But Mary when are the Designer's Specials going to air on TV…I know the date for the Virtual tour and Entering to win, but I haven't seen any dates for the Specials!!! Could you please let us know ahead of time so we won't miss any of them??? All Great Designers, I think!!
    This adventure will soon be over with one Very lucky Winner and We will go on to the next Adventure. Do We get a chance to vote on where the next BC will be? We would love to be part of choosing the next location…
    Thank you for giving us another opportunity to win a beautiful Blog Cabin…It has been so much fun this year with Great Bloggers and the Camera Cam made it so Special for the Bloggers…Thank you for all that you do, We bloggers really appreciate all that you do:):p;):D^_^B)<3<3<3

Jennie/Florida on June 29, 2013 at 12:56 am
    • Jennie, this is the latest press release I've found from the DIY Network regarding the dates for the Blog Cabin shows to begin airing, it states Monday July 29th at 9:30pm ET/PT.

I'm so excited to see the shows http://www.multivu.com/players/English/60772-diy-

Mel on June 29, 2013 at 7:46 am
    • Well said as always,Jennie!:D<3

SID on June 29, 2013 at 9:17 am
    • Jennie don't forget to click on the "content" link, and it will give you the show schedules including the one hour Blog Cabin special premiering on Thursday, Sep. 12th @ 9pm.
      There's lots to explore using this link!!
      Now I absolutely have to go and clean my house, work in my garden and do laundry–LOL

Mel on June 29, 2013 at 9:38 am