Jun 28

Friday’s Special Treat

As we await the launch of the online virtual tour, I thought you’d enjoy this tease, which comes in the form of a cinemagraph created by our visual designer Jason Kisner. I love the acacia pub table and chairs that offer a magnificent view of Core Sound and those festive lanterns, swaying in the breeze as they suspend from the old pecan tree branches. Perfection!

• Posted at 10:21 am on June 6, 2013

1. Yes, you have given us a gift……thank you.

Joan Dannahower on June 28, 2013 at 10:33 am
    • Agreed!

CoMomof5 on June 29, 2013 at 11:50 am
    • omg, thank you! luv!

Bree Dietz on June 30, 2013 at 12:04 am
    • Sneak peak, that's all we get, hummmmmmm. Can't wait until they reveal the sea cottage!

sand and surf on July 9, 2013 at 9:32 am
    • I totally agree. And what a gift it is

littlepeopleiii on July 11, 2013 at 4:11 am
  2. As usual great pics, and we all know how Mary loves to tease us with these sneak peeks. It's like potato chips, one chip just leaves your craving for more! Although we appreciate every morsel thrown our way, please may we have more.lol

AnneEliseSouth on June 28, 2013 at 10:37 am
    • LOL You have that right! We are all sitting on pins and needles for the virtual tour or reveal. :D Judy

JudyInMich on June 28, 2013 at 9:19 pm
    • Well Said. We beg for something – anything and once we get that little "Potato Chip" it just makes us want more.
      Poor Mary how is she expected to keep up with us.

Eugenia27 on June 30, 2013 at 5:32 pm
    • Eugenia, not only does she keep up with us, she's so ahead of us she leaves us all wheezing in her dust trails. But then again we do love the thrill of the chase!

AnneEliseSouth on July 1, 2013 at 10:00 am
    • Between this and waiting on the 2013 Smart home I am going nuts, or maybe a little more so than usual :-)

NanWes on July 2, 2013 at 11:41 am
  3. Ahhhhhh, just returned from a family reunion in Cape May , NJ. Still coming down from "Beach Mode" so this little vignette makes the return a bit gentler. Sitting with my cuppa Joe blogging about another sweet beach. I can still smell the ocean.

Ashtabulannie on June 28, 2013 at 10:43 am
    • Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
      P.S. how did the driving lessons go in Manhattan?

Eugenia27 on June 30, 2013 at 5:33 pm
    • I lived to tell about it but I have horrible cramps in my hands. Saturday's are not too terrible downtown. GEEZE the tolls on the bridges tunnels have sky rocketed!

Ashtabulannie on July 1, 2013 at 1:39 pm
  4. How lucky person who wins cabin this year up every day with the smell of the breeze and the spectacular view

Miranda on June 28, 2013 at 12:25 pm
  5. Thank you Mary, Jason Kisner's creative photos are always appreciated. I can almost smell the sweet Carolina sea air!:DB)<3

SID on June 28, 2013 at 12:32 pm
  6. D o they have fireflies in NC? I'd like to sit at the pub table, a few candles spread around the yard relaxing to the sound of nature?

tobymacdougal on June 28, 2013 at 12:52 pm
    • No fireflies, just lightnin'bugs.:)

540sam on June 28, 2013 at 3:18 pm
    • Ha Ha Sam! Call them what you will they do light up the lawns on summer evenings in NC!;)

SID on June 28, 2013 at 5:06 pm
    • That's a lovely picture! Yes, I'd also love to sit and watch the fireflies on the lawn, the swallows skim the waves, and the constellations glide across the skies!

SID on June 28, 2013 at 5:10 pm
  7. Oh my, is that a fresnel light hanging in the coupla?

540sam on June 28, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    • Don't WE WISH!!! :D <3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 28, 2013 at 3:54 pm
    • Looks like a Fresnel to me!
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on June 28, 2013 at 10:35 pm
    • It sure looks like it to me also, definitely not one of the others we voted on. YEAAAAAAAAA:)

540sam on June 28, 2013 at 10:42 pm
    • sam, I pulled up the photo from the voting, enhanced it as best as I could. The light hanging in the cupola – is, imho, the Fresnel. The globe lamp that won the vote? – Not, definitely NOT!
      Hurray!!
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on June 28, 2013 at 11:09 pm
    • I have to agree WCG, maybe the DIY crew listened to the blogs this time. The light that won would have been more at home over a pool table, but this time it looks like we got our fresnel where it belongs.:)

540sam on June 28, 2013 at 11:23 pm
    • Hi Sam it doesn't look like the Green glass Globe that won People's Choice..I liked the green light but not for the Cupola..The Fresnel light was perfect for the Cupola…Just maybe they agreed with us when we were begging for voters to change their voting to the Fresnel light..I think the non-bloggers voted on the green glass globe, don't you???^_^

Jennie/Florida on June 28, 2013 at 11:31 pm
    • Yes Jennie, it had to be the non bloggers because we almost all agreed on the fresnel here in blog land. I remember mentioning back then that people were just voting without thinking, after all what other light goes in a coupla. Thank goodness we were heard.

540sam on June 29, 2013 at 4:51 am
    • Oh that would be so great! Wishin' and hopin'xD:p

SID on June 29, 2013 at 9:15 am
  8. Ohhhhh ! How so very inviting looking at the pictures of the places I would love to enjoy ! Can just see myself right there relaxing on the deck or with friends and neighbors under the cool breezes in the glow of the lanterns. I will continue to dream. Tomorrow is my daughters birthday. A very special day for this grandmother . How nice to be able to see the Blog Cabin that I hope to be able to enjoy with all of them. Thank you DIY for giving all of us a chance to have this great home.;) <3 My thanks you for all the time and hard work to the entire team and staff and construction crew . ;) <3 best to all

Nan on June 28, 2013 at 1:08 pm
  9. I just had an 'alert' from ME realtors that the 2012 BC is now reduced to $625,000 for selling. That's about $75,000 less than the original asking price.

AnniesOwn on June 28, 2013 at 1:44 pm
    • You mean to say that the winner of that BC is selling it now? Wow, I wonder why they're selling such a beautiful place? Sure wish I was able to buy it :o

Mickey on June 29, 2013 at 7:44 am
    • Like all of the other give away homes on HGTV and DIY, they probably cant afford to pay the tax on the winnings.

540sam on June 30, 2013 at 5:02 am
    • Yes, that's certainly part of te issue. Josephine Turner, the winner, blogged that income tax on the house would come to close to $300,000 which was far too much money for her and her family to raise in the short time before the tax deadline.

I and others are a little confused that, after understanding the tax issue, she waited until this year to put the house on the market at a high price in an area with a depressed housing market and a lot of nearby homes that had been on the market for several years.

I wish her well in getting a sale soon to cover the tax bill. Chances are she will have to pay the tax based on the ARV now as it's so long since she won.

AnniesOwn on July 1, 2013 at 1:31 pm
    • If one can not afford the blog cabin, do they assist you in the sale and give you some time?

coolsmiley on July 18, 2013 at 7:15 pm
    • Annie, Are you a neighbor of the blog cabin? I live in southern maine and had admired the blog cabin up there in Waldoboro. The community there is really nice too! I have to say that with the winter lately the southern location of this years blog cabin is very appealing. I love the ocean, and the warm water would be very soothing!

bythebaydreamer on June 29, 2013 at 2:49 pm
    • No, I'm not local to this house, or even a Maine resident. We live in MI. :)

AnniesOwn on July 1, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    • I can't imagine having to give up that incredible home. I so much want to permanently live next to the water and that place was a wonderful win.

Moving2theCoast on June 30, 2013 at 1:38 am
  10. Love the teaser. Great pictures. Can't wait for the on-line tour. I do miss the camera and seeing the sound everyday. So every little bit helps.

Noreen on June 28, 2013 at 1:44 pm