Jun 10

Revisit the Remodeling Process

Blog Cabin 2013 Time-Lapse Photography

Oh, do I have a treat for you! We curated the best images captured by our Cabin Cam into a series of slideshows. Now you can clearly see the transformation of this historic home from weathered, cedar shingle-clad cottage to inviting Southern-style coastal getaway.

Enjoy the time-lapse pictures and stay tuned for more informative content!

• Posted at 2:53 pm on June 6, 2013

1. Evening, everybody….how bad is the storm going to be In PA? I think I'm headed right to it….

TishaStanley on June 12, 2013 at 8:39 pm
    • Yep…you are Tisha, be carefull.

540sam on June 13, 2013 at 5:24 am
    • Thanks, Sam….I will. We're leaving this morning so hopefully we'll come into Pittsburgh behind the storm. Watched the weather, so maybe…

TishaStanley on June 13, 2013 at 6:31 am
    • Your in for 1.45 inches some small stream flooding, there putting the flood gates up where were at :'(
      Be safe ;)

MaryPA on June 13, 2013 at 9:55 am
  2. Good morning, everyone! I hope everybody is safe from this storm!!! I'm getting ready to head to PA…getting nervous. My youngest daughter had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled yesterday, so she won't be going with us. She will be staying with her brother, who couldn't get the time off of work. We're going to Skype with them….
    As I won't have my computer with me, please blog a lot so I'll have something to read when I get back home.
    Stay safe everyone!! Chat with you when I get home…
    Tisha

TishaStanley on June 13, 2013 at 6:41 am
    • Glad everything went well for the patient. Ouch!! Happy healing ;) Be safe the thunder and lighting is crazy bad, the dog having a panic attack.

MaryPA on June 13, 2013 at 10:01 am
  3. Thank you for the time-lapse pictures! It is always great to go back and see what it started out as and now has become. Have a great day and try to stay dry!^_^

amberPA on June 13, 2013 at 11:02 am
  4. For those of you experiencing storms Rain/Fire….thoughts and prayers are with you.

Trish on June 13, 2013 at 11:28 am
  5. OOPS! just issued a tornado warning for my neighborhood.:(:(:o

540sam on June 13, 2013 at 2:43 pm
    • Hi Sam, I just saw your comment!!! I hope You are OK and pray the Tornadoes didn't touch down..Really bad Weather all along the East Coast…Our Cabin has Tornado watches for now but will probably change to warnings the closer the storms get with high winds..Sure hope if Laurie and Crew are still there, they are hunkered down!!! Please Everyone be Careful and stay Safe!!<3:) When the storms are over, please chime in and let us know You're OK!!^_^<3

Jennie/Florida on June 13, 2013 at 6:42 pm
    • Made it through another one Jennie. Hail to the north about 10mi and to the south about 2mi. Funnel clouds 3mi south and 5mi south. A few water spouts on the rivers and bay, plenty of trees down, over 300 on one farm alone, but I got rain and wind nothing special. But I would have felt safer in my lighthouse, watching my fresnel light go around.:)

540sam on June 14, 2013 at 5:04 am
    • Boy Sam, You were surrounded by all the violent storms…Glad to know you were spared the worst of it..The reason you would have felt safer in the lighthouse "this time" was because the worst of the Storms were on shore and inland.!! Terrible destruction all up and down the East Coast.. I just hope Everyone on the Blog is OK….No new post from anyone..Too many Weather disasters at one time to get a handle on it and the Blog takes second to the wild Weather .J haven't been on because I have a sick Kitty "Whiskers" Have a Good Day!

Jennie/Florida on June 15, 2013 at 3:33 pm
    • OH dear Jennie, whats wrong with Whiskers? hope it's nothing serious. Hope it's better. I guess I take things to lightly in my old age. If nothing carries me off to OZ, I don't take it to serious, then again I'd like to try it. Never been there before,,,, I don't think.o.0

540sam on June 15, 2013 at 6:14 pm
  6. I think it's a great initiative you took to do a time-lapsed set of photos. Can't wait to see the finished result!

Jason Douglas on June 14, 2013 at 11:15 am
  7. Hello, All! Thursday, when we left for Pittsburgh, NY was in some seriously heavy rains. The closer to PA that we got, the better the weather got to be. Graduation was beautiful–the weather even co operated, and the trip home today was nice and sunny/warm. Glad to be home and I can finally relax. I have posted some pictures on my facebook. I know some of you said you weren't able to get on my facebook page, so if you're really interested, try looking for me…Tisha Stanley–Madison, NY…hope this helps.

Have a wonderful evening!!
    Tisha

TishaStanley on June 15, 2013 at 8:47 pm
    • Congrats Tisha, I know you've worked hard to get there. Glad the weather was good for you and you missed all of the bad stuff, a good omen I think.

540sam on June 16, 2013 at 6:01 am
  8. Happy Father's Day to all the blogging community :)

Just in case anyone missed this second installment of time-lapse cabin cam pics I'm going to post a link.
    I was excited to see part 2 of the exterior construction images the cabin cam captured as the BC shows were being filmed.

I enjoyed all of the pics, and believe that is our blog editor & blog leader extraordinaire "Mary" in picture #37 on the far right.
    I can hardly wait to see inside the BC! Thank You Mary, Laurie and Dylan for making this year of BC a spectacular one to "Blog On", and dream about winning

Mel on June 16, 2013 at 9:32 am
    • Thank you Mel, somehow I missed the second half of those pics.

vicki_in_Utah on June 16, 2013 at 9:49 am
  9. Happy Father's Day to all the Great Dads on the "Blog Cabin Adventure":p:)^_^B)…Enjoy Your Special Day with your family and friends!!!^_^ You are Special and Appreciated !!!B)<3

Jennie/Florida on June 16, 2013 at 12:59 pm
  10. It's a little late—Happy Father's Day to all the dads!!!

Tisha

Tisha on June 16, 2013 at 6:59 pm
    • It's never too late.

Repeating the sentiments. Missed my dad on Sunday….but I know he knew how much I thought of him when he was alive. OK….there is a time when it IS too late. I just take the time to wish other Father's their Father's Day wishes.

Trish on June 17, 2013 at 4:13 pm