Jun 10

Revisit the Remodeling Process

Blog Cabin 2013 Time-Lapse Photography

Oh, do I have a treat for you! We curated the best images captured by our Cabin Cam into a series of slideshows. Now you can clearly see the transformation of this historic home from weathered, cedar shingle-clad cottage to inviting Southern-style coastal getaway.

Enjoy the time-lapse pictures and stay tuned for more informative content!

• Posted at 2:53 pm on June 6, 2013

1. Wow! I've been mostly without my computer and I come back to this! Thank you so much. It's really cool to revisit ;-)

karenlin91 on June 10, 2013 at 3:21 pm
  2. It was good to remember the feelings I had for the BC as they were working on it. I remember wowed when they lifted the cabin and I think I felt as sad as the cabin looked, when they removed the roof, to begin the new construction. Now it is so beautiful. Thanks for the memories. :)

Eugenia27 on June 10, 2013 at 3:43 pm
  3. Having just come from the cabin and seen first hand how many of the original elements have been lovingly incorporated into the remodel and rework of the cabin, I know you'll all be touched too to see the care this home has received.

Who else but our winner can follow the story of their home in so many unique ways??

Love this gallery… <3<3<3<3

Laurie_March on June 10, 2013 at 4:44 pm
    • Laurie, i am so glad to hear that! This home is a one of a kind and it had some interesting elements that I would have liked to see in the new house. Bravo to DIY!!! Becky

bythebaydreamer on June 10, 2013 at 8:59 pm
    • Hi Laurie, glad you popped in so fast and I'm thinking you loved what you saw . I can't wait for the reveal, all those antiques they pulled out and worked there magic on creating a whole new piece of art. Yippee!<3<3<3;) Have a great evening!

MaryPA on June 10, 2013 at 10:16 pm
    • Looking forward to seeing all the videos of "The Cabin @ Robinson's Landing".

pinevalley on June 12, 2013 at 1:42 pm
  4. Change is good! Especially in the case of the Blog Cabin! It's amazing to review the progress of this rebuild! Thanks for the photos!

Downonthefarm on June 10, 2013 at 5:21 pm
  5. Thank you Mary for the slides and Photos!!!^_^ We bloggers spent many, many hours viewing the Cottage and Landscape and we have come a long way. It was hard to watch the Cottage being taken apart, the Pics and slides brought back all the sad memories We felt during the end of Our Original Cottage….

But now We are very Happy Bloggers because Everyone took such good care and added so much love to this Cottage! All those who were involved has done a fantastic job to bring her back to life and give the place Strong bones, More stability and treated Her with Tender Loving Care…
    The Cottage has turned into a Showplace and is Sooo beautiful! The land, landscaping and Views are so captivating and I would Love to sit on the Dock and Fish the time away..B)<3 Thank you again Mary, We Bloggers appreciate all that You do..
    Just one more little thing Mary…The day of the filming, We Bloggers looked for You all day ;) :)^_^B)<3<3.. We wanted a wave and a hello from Our Mary!!! I hope Someone had the different Crew members to sign "little Signs" to displaying somewhere in the Cottage…Remember the signs the Designers were leaving on the Grapevine? That seem to die out after a few were left..We thought all those signs could be framed in one big frame and displayed on the wall to remember all who worked so hard and shared the great adventure and with lovely results!!! I'm sure the Winner would love that little gesture from all involved, especially if the Winner is "Blogger"…
    Little Things Mean A Lot !!! ^_^:):p;)B)<3<3 Have a Good Evening!!!

Jennie/Florida on June 10, 2013 at 7:14 pm
    • Sorry for all the type-ooooos, should have proof read before sending!!! o.0B)<3

Jennie/Florida on June 16, 2013 at 4:05 pm
  6. The website seems to be stuck on the first pic… please help…thanx… the first pic continues to
    show, does not move to next…

Ethel on June 10, 2013 at 10:02 pm
    • Hi, Ethel! In the second paragraph under the photo, just click on the words, "time-lapse pictures" and you will be taken to a photo gallery of 66 photos. :-) Glad to have you on the blog. If you would like you can join us completely by registering on Intense Debate.

Downonthefarm on June 11, 2013 at 3:31 pm
    • I'm having the same problem. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Doris on July 16, 2013 at 1:05 am
  7. Wow Mary, Thanks for the slide show. They just about tore the whole thing down and brought her back to life. Man Dylan and the Roby Crew know there stuff. Thanks again! ;) <3<3 Were getting the rain but no wind from the storm that blew pass the Blog Cabin. Mild flooding ;) Have a great evening !

MaryPA on June 10, 2013 at 10:05 pm
  8. Pop over to the HGTVRemodels site and my House Counselor blog for a teensy weensy sneak peak of some textures of the cabin… http://blog.hgtvremodels.com/2013/06/10/blog-cabi

If you enjoy it, I hope you'll leave a comment over there for me! I'm here again tomorrow… let me know if there's anything special you want me to 'take in' for you! Shall I have a coffee on the porch? catch sunset from the dock for you??

Wish we had a cabin cam to leave you love notes, but in the meantime… go see my pics on the post above!

Dylan says hi…

Laurie_March on June 10, 2013 at 10:49 pm
    • Thank's for the new pic's Laurie and a sunset pic would be nice, thats one of the things I miss the most along with the sunrises.

540sam on June 11, 2013 at 3:55 am
    • Laurie if Dylan is still there ask him to look at my just posted on the previous thread(gift set winner) and see if it's something he would be interested in. Thanks.

540sam on June 11, 2013 at 9:31 am
    • I loved your pictures. I tried to respond on that blog but my responses never showed up? Anyway, loved the colors and textures and the first thing I would do would be to explore the house, then go to the dock and walk on the beach, then relax in one of the outdoor spaces.

Windsmurf on June 11, 2013 at 4:18 pm
    • Laurie, thanks for the photos & we are all glad you, and the others there with you, weathered the storm so well. I am sure all the bloger’s are excited to learn that the Blog Cabin weathered the storm so well & I know it was all because of such great construction, thanks everyone. Loved the antique trunk, the photo by the boat ramp & the angles of the photos are great. Thanks

Lettucefields on June 11, 2013 at 6:48 pm
    • What great photos! thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see more!

Downonthefarm on June 12, 2013 at 3:15 pm
    • Be nice to see a little kitchen corner

zulumom on June 12, 2013 at 6:35 pm
    • Loved the sneak peak:) Love to see the creative outcomes:)

joyfulj9 on June 16, 2013 at 1:01 pm
  9. I really enjoy seeing this evolution of a house, from old (but will be saved) to needs to be dismantled (but rebuilt on the same footprint) to framed, to finished, as a home with care for it's history and style. This BC is in keeping with "my" definition of cabin; smaller, cozy, comfortable. When can I have the keys?

DGustaf on June 11, 2013 at 7:52 am
  10. Good morning!! I haven't yet looked at the new slides, but I did go to Laurie's site and saw videos…I have loved the cabin from start to finish–even though we can't see where it's "at" right now…I am anxiously waiting…

Have a wonderful day Everyone!!! Thanks Laurie!!!

Tisha