May 30

Cabin Comforts Gift Set Winner

Blog Cabin 2013 Dylan Eastman and Kayleen McCabe

Congrats to Annette Harris of Morgan, UT. She is the proud winner of our Cabin Comforts gift set. An identical gift set will be presented to the winner of the Blog Cabin 2013 Giveaway.

Keep checking the blog for additional info on this year’s home. We have yet to cover landscape details, creative outdoor spaces and building challenges, plus Core Sound culture. The photo above was captured over the weekend, as project manager Dylan Eastman put the finishing touches on the outdoor kitchen. Rescue Renovation show host Kayleen McCabe popped by for a tour of the home and was happy to lend a helping hand.

I am pretty certain you will flip when you see the virtual tour of this amazing property!

1. This is the best Chanel to watch and very inspirational people. This cabin is so beautiful and whoever wins it will be so lucky!! Good luck everyone!!

Dawn Campbell on July 2, 2013 at 9:27 am
  2. :) Three weeks to go YAY :)
    Soo Exciting!!!

coolsmiley on July 7, 2013 at 10:33 am
  3. Congratulations Annette Harris on your terrific Comforts win! Thank you Mary for keeping us up to date!

south47th on July 8, 2013 at 8:15 pm
  4. I love this place and the gorgeous house. DIY Network has done an exquisite job again. Congrats to whoever wins this years' Blog Cabin Beach Retreat.

suni on August 7, 2013 at 5:48 am
  5. Hi DeerSpring so glad to see you, I hope all is well with you…I tried the website you gave but didn't see the
    4 Instagram photos of the Cottage or Laurie and her Loud Pants!!^_^ Please guide me in the right direction!

Jennie/Florida on June 7, 2013 at 2:44 pm
  6. Thank you Rhonda, the Tropical Storm is probably close to the Cottage on the Sound by now or getting close to it, possible flooding, tornadoes and high winds are predicted for that area..I hope our Cottage Fairs well…The only good thing about this storm is it's moving pretty fast and doesn't have time to do a lot of damage…I'm afraid Maine will be on the end of the list so maybe by the time it get up there to you it will be just a rain maker..Take care and stay safe…Keep up posted!^_^<3

Jennie/Florida on June 7, 2013 at 2:52 pm
  7. DeerSpring, just went to the site nice pics. Hope everything is tied down.

MaryPA on June 7, 2013 at 2:55 pm
  8. If her pants don't work, the shoes surely will.:)

540sam on June 7, 2013 at 3:59 pm
  9. Thanks for posting this link DeerSpring! I was hoping we would get some word on how the cabin did in Andrea. We are just headed for lots of rain and some local flooding in areas that are usually prone to floods. So we are doing our spring weekends anyway.

grammagail on June 7, 2013 at 6:04 pm
  10. Thanks DeerSpring. Morris Marina reminded me of Portsmouth Island since they have cabins on one end of the Island, and provide a ferry over from Atlantic, NC.
    Portsmouth is a place I want to visit when I go back to the NC coast. I love that this village has remained untouched by development, and is protected from development, being a part of the Cape Lookout National Seashore. It stands as a memorial to how life was lived on the NC coast for generations, and being on the north end of the CLNS is close to the BC. Here's a link to video about Portsmouth Island http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhvTTjZDHxU

Mel on June 8, 2013 at 1:37 pm
  11. DS….Sorry for the comment to Rhonda, some how it got lost in space and landed here??? :) ^_^B)
    Don't know how that happened???:p

Jennie/Florida on June 7, 2013 at 2:58 pm
  12. Oops, Thank you DS…I Found the Pics, the porch looks great, can't wait to see more!!!^_^<3B)

Jennie/Florida on June 7, 2013 at 3:16 pm
  13. I should have said on the right border under her Instagram photos. You can click on the photos
    to enlarge and read the captions. : )

DeerSpring on June 7, 2013 at 3:35 pm
  14. I'm eager to see just a little tiny peek at least before the reveal! Hint! Hint!

DeerSpring on June 7, 2013 at 3:29 pm
  15. : )

DeerSpring on June 7, 2013 at 3:29 pm
  16. I'm not sure either because I only saw this reply by coming here on the blog, Jennie.

DeerSpring on June 7, 2013 at 3:33 pm
  17. It looks like Laurie will be making sure that everything is in place. : )

DeerSpring on June 7, 2013 at 3:40 pm
  18. You're welcome! The rainy days from TS Andrea seem like the rains of an extended spring. It's
    starting to look like a tropical forest in my neck of the woods. : )

DeerSpring on June 7, 2013 at 7:54 pm
  19. Right On DeerSpring!
    It's an amazing feeling to visit these isolated beaches, to walk them to "the point" they end in an inlet, and have the powerful and majestic Atlantic both to your right and to your left. You do feel like you have discovered a land no one else has ever heard about or seen before! Since the barrier islands form broken strings of land, then ocean, land then ocean, thus creating a swirl of water currents the surf fishing at the various inlets is amazing. Someone is gonna be so Freakin' Lucky to win this home. Good Luck Deer, I know you are a fan of Carolina beaches :)

Mel on June 9, 2013 at 8:42 am

Blog Cabin is the groundbreaking multimedia experience based on a very simple idea: You Design It, We Build It, You Could Win It! This truly interactive series asks Internet users to vote on the design features for a real vacation getaway. Expert hosts will transform a 1990s waterfront home in Panacea, Florida that will become a luxurious home for a lucky sweepstakes winner. Plus, a one-hour Blog Cabin special, hosted by tool expert Chris Grundy, will highlight the incredible transformation.