May 30

Cabin Comforts Gift Set Winner

Blog Cabin 2013 Dylan Eastman and Kayleen McCabe

Congrats to Annette Harris of Morgan, UT. She is the proud winner of our Cabin Comforts gift set. An identical gift set will be presented to the winner of the Blog Cabin 2013 Giveaway.

Keep checking the blog for additional info on this year’s home. We have yet to cover landscape details, creative outdoor spaces and building challenges, plus Core Sound culture. The photo above was captured over the weekend, as project manager Dylan Eastman put the finishing touches on the outdoor kitchen. Rescue Renovation show host Kayleen McCabe popped by for a tour of the home and was happy to lend a helping hand.

I am pretty certain you will flip when you see the virtual tour of this amazing property!

1. Congratulations Annette!! Enjoy! Can't wait to see the reveal!! Keep hoping one of us bloggers win the cabin. Good luck to all! <3:D

JudyInMich on May 31, 2013 at 3:12 pm
  2. Congrats to Annette good going! :) ^_^ Can't wait for the reveal either. Good luck everyone!!!

Jarchow on May 31, 2013 at 3:52 pm
  3. Congratulations, Annette!!! I'm waiting for the reveal, the virtual tour, the time to try and win the cabin…

Stay safe from the storms, have you in my thoughts and prayers!!

Tisha

TishaStanley on May 31, 2013 at 8:43 pm
  4. Congrats to the Comforts Gift Set winner,hope the BC winner and Annette enjoy the cool gifts.

TonyE on May 31, 2013 at 11:06 pm
  5. Congrats Annette! I too miss the cabin cam and activity watching at the BC. My calendar is marked and the DVR is set, I'm ready to see all of the cabin!!

rsl73 on June 1, 2013 at 6:47 am
  6. Congratulations Annette :) I have a question for everyone… does anyone know when they start the live tour's of the blog cabin? This is the first year where I live close enough to one of the blog cabin, dream home, etc. and I can't wait to go and see it in person. I can't find any information about it though :( I live about an hour away and can't wait to go and see it :)

0369marinewife on June 1, 2013 at 10:25 am
    • There haven't been any live tours of the Blog Cabin in several years now. Mary has only given us the date of the virtual tour, and that may be the only way to see the inside this year, unless you win. Good Luck in the contest. I remember when one of my brothers was stationed at Camp Lejeune…..and visiting him and the local beaches. Such a lovely area.

Mel on June 2, 2013 at 7:42 am
    • oh. That stinks :( Maybe I can drive by and see the front of it at least. I don't know how far it is away from the road though. I guess I will just have to settle for the pictures :)

0369marinewife on June 2, 2013 at 2:50 pm
    • If you want to see the front, you'll have to do it by water.

540sam on June 2, 2013 at 3:06 pm
    • Not a lot to see from the road except a lot of trees and a driveway full of vehicles.

TonyE on June 2, 2013 at 11:07 pm
    • Hi TonyE, can You tell if they are still working on the Cottage??? Can you tell by the Trucks or Cars who might still be showing up there?? Mr. Eastman is probably returning everyday to check on everything?? He has a newer Black car or truck I think!
      Do they still have the same Security gate there at the entrance or have they installed a different one?? I'm thinking Andrew Roby and Crew installed the original one when they started working on the Cottage…Please don't do anything that will get You in trouble with Diy or Security but
      Any information You can give Us would be greatly appreciated since You are close by and can stop and take a peek down the driveway to see activity or is the Cottage finished and closed up waiting for the Sweepstakes to be over and the Winner announced…I would think all the Filming is over with…I wonder if You can see the Dock from the entrance way and can you tell if they did anything else to the Dock??? You're Soooo Fortunate to be that close to "Our Little Cottage" We Bloggers Love So much!!!! :) :D;):p^_^B)<3<3<3

Jennie/Florida on June 4, 2013 at 12:03 am
    • The same gate is there and about 5 cars,didn't check kinds of cars.No idea about the dock.

TonyE on June 5, 2013 at 10:58 pm
    • Thanks TonyE!!!:D

JudyInMich on June 6, 2013 at 7:11 am
    • Thanks for the info Tony!

Jennie/Florida on June 6, 2013 at 9:48 am
  7. Good Morning my Blogging Friends, My heart is heavy this Morning knowing more lives have been taken in the state of OK, due to the bands of Tornadoes and storms that continues to cross the US…Even the Weather Channel Storm Chasers were hurt due to getting too close to the storms. I'm sure that was a scary and rude awakening for them. They were In their vehicles when this hugh tornado was headed toward them and they had nowhere to go and were tossed some 200 hundred feet into the air before landing back on the ground.
    W/C Mike Bettis said they were floating up in the tornado before being tossed back down to the ground..They are Very lucky to be alive to tell of this amazing and scary event..I know that's one of their jobs, but I think that is pushing the button just a bit much!.:( I know the Weather Guys think it's exciting to chase storms but safety is number one priority as I see it.
    I don't remember storm fronts lasting for over a week at a time, usually 1 to 3 day events and they're gone, but these storms are so big and Powerful and they drag through each state in it's path and seem to last forever!!!
    I'm sure all the weather elements come into play that causes these bad Storms, but just saying, it looks as though it's getting out of hand all over the US..
    We are in God's hands and trust that He will protect Us All…Today is the first day of Hurricane Season and that doesn't help my thoughts at all :( o.0B)<3 Be safe Everyone and have a good day!!!
    SO Ready for the Specials to begin or Anything that reveal more of "Our Beautiful Little Cottage on the Beach":p:D:)^_^B)<3<3

Jennie/Florida on June 1, 2013 at 11:29 am
    • Correction—Mike Bettes

Jennie/Florida on June 1, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    • Hi Jennie. It has been raining heavily here since early in the morning hours, a drenching rain that feels like what comes in a hurricane. This storm hasn't been as severe as the last one for us though, not much wind and no tornado threats today near central AR. I'm very grateful for that! It is so sad what is happening in OK where they have not been so fortunate. They say they are used to that kind of weather there, and I suppose property can always be replaced, but the loss of life is terrible. The present storm system should be gone from here by tonight, but I see from weather.com that it is moving East and is expected in your area monday. Fortunately they are not expecting tornados for the east coast as part of the system, but it sure is carrying a lot of water! :'( I hope you and all our blogger friends will be safe as the storm passes. <3<3<3

SID on June 1, 2013 at 2:40 pm
    • Hi Sid, So glad You and family are OK and it's good to hear "no" Tornado warnings and storms will soon be gone….We have rain predicted every day until middle of next week..It has rained off and on for a week already..South Florida is flooding and more rain is expected..My daughter lives in Fort Lauderdale and they have a flooded neighborhood already and more rain is on it's way..She said they were thinking about buying a canoe!! LOL might not be a bad idea! Their Jack Russell would love that!
      I don't know how the OK residents could ever get use to violent weather!!! It's so scary to me and not knowing what's going to happen! I never will get use to any violent storms especially Hurricanes!!!o.0:(

Well, rainy days have hampered my working in the yard, can't cut grass, trim hedges, transplant some of my plants or mulch! Bummer, I want to get all that done before it gets too hot to work in the yard…
      I wonder where Everyone is today, being a Saturday, I thought more bloggers would be here for Coffee this morning and to sit on the Dock or under the Pergola to relax and and enjoy the beautiful View!!
      I really wish the Specials would start soon! They come before the Virtual tour, don't they?? I think they do! There should be at least (6 or 7 Specials) I think? Can't wait, I'll be glued to the TV to grasp every little thing in the Specials. ! Can't wait to see Inside, Outside and All in Between:p:)^_^<3 Have a Good evening!^_^

Jennie/Florida on June 1, 2013 at 4:55 pm
  8. My Favorite Things

Raindrops on Grundy and whiskers on kittens
    On the wrap around porch, under the pergolas, or on the dock is where I'll be sittings
    The keys to Blog Cabin all tied up with strings
    These are a few of My Favorite Things

Cream colored wild Shackleford ponies and crisp apple streudels
    An Atlantic sea side paradise, the lovely home, landscape, the whole kit and caboodles
    Wild seagulls that fly with the moon on their wings
    Theses are a few of My Favorite Things

Light mist James Hardie board with white trimmed sashes
    Sun rays that dance on my nose and eyelashes
    Mild coastal winters that melt into springs
    These are a few of My Favorite Things

When losing the cam bites
    When losing the contest stings
    When I'm feeling sad
    I simply remember Blog Cabin 2014 will be one of my new Favorite Things
    And then I don't feel so bad

Mel on June 2, 2013 at 7:36 am
    • Ah, sing it "Julie." LOL:D

540sam on June 2, 2013 at 8:38 am
    • Loved it Mel! Thanks, now can't get that tune outta my head! ;) <3

SID on June 2, 2013 at 10:10 am
    • Nice,good job.

TonyE on June 2, 2013 at 11:14 pm
    • Great Song Mel, that should be framed and hung on a wall in the Cottage!^_^:) Now I will be singing it too…You know, I have been so taken with this Cottage, I haven't even thought about where the 2014 BC will or could be located..It Hasn't even crossed my mind…But now that you mentioned it, I think at the BC in Maine, We were guessing as to where 2013 BC was going to be way early before the 2012 BC was completed and Everyone was naming towns where they would like for 2013 BC be located and begging Mary to read Our list before they chose the location, but that didn't happen..But lucky for Us, or the winner, they chose a Great Location…
      I don't won't to give up on this one yet because there is sooo much more I want to see of this little Cottage inside and out that we haven't seen yet…A lot of surprises yet to come…Can't wait!!!B)^_^<3

Jennie/Florida on June 2, 2013 at 11:58 pm
    • Love it, Mel!;):p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 3, 2013 at 12:19 pm
    • Oh my what a cute rhyme and such talent ! ;) <3 Thank you for lifting up my spirits today.
      Got on here to dream and you certainly were a big help. Trying to pay bills and juggle things to keep afloat. Getting harder for a lot of us as the cost of everything goes up and income does not . Any way ,
      thanks again for the lift. Did not mean to be a downer and you and Blog Cabin saved my day. As it is said so often, just look around and count my blessings. So many others are in such a difficult place with the storms and illinesses and such. I do thank God for my many blessing. This site has been a connection for so many things. DIY has given us a chance to win a beautiful home and connect with some really nice people. Have a pleasant evening Mel and all the bloggers. my best to all ;) <3

Nan on June 3, 2013 at 5:53 pm
    • Fantastic!!! Mel, you are going to give DBCoop, a run for the money.
      Now I have your song and his song (from the HGTV DH site) competing for which tune I'm humming.

Eugenia27 on June 4, 2013 at 6:59 pm
    • Thanks EveryBloggie for the really kind comments!

My schedule was so full this week I could only come by for a quick occasional read of posts and a thumbs up with no reply back. I guess that happens to all of us bloggers. I hope the DIY Network appreciates all of the effort our blogging takes! For us on the blogging side of the Blog cabin show, we certainly know this :)

Mel on June 7, 2013 at 9:06 am
    • Adorable sea shanty, thar , Melllie girl…aarrrgghh

LLColeman on June 8, 2013 at 2:57 am
    • Yer know LL this could be me song to sing when pullin' in me fishing net ! Thar she blows….. Yo Ho Ho it's a pirate's life fer me!!

Mel on June 8, 2013 at 1:42 pm
    • Aye, and next weekend there be a Northern California Pirate festival in Vallejo, across the bay from me lodgings. I will not be over there, but ye can hoist a tankard with me in spirit , and hope there be no scallawags fallin' overboard thar, rrr……. o.0
      I be scannin' the horizon here on the blog for Captain Ruffy and her barge…hope she comes by for the BC reveal….

LLColeman on June 10, 2013 at 2:39 am
  9. To Grammagail, Home_girl, Tisha Stanley, 540Sam, Rebecca, Kitty, Ruffy and others who may be in the path of this Terrible Storm front that is headed Your way!! Please take precautions and hunker down until it has passed.
    Weather Man said strong straight line winds,Torrential rain and Hail is expected for those areas on the East coast..Possible tornado….After it has gone through please chime in and let us know you are OK, if possible…
    I hope Our Little Cottage will be OK, I think they're having thunderstorms in that area also.Take care All<3<3

Jennie/Florida on June 2, 2013 at 6:54 pm
    • We were hunkered down long ago, Jennie! Thanks so much for your caring thoughts. Summer up here often brings some real crackin thunderstorms. We had one go through about 5 o'clock just as we were ending a weekend of camping. Luckily we keep check on our NOAA app and knew just when to pack up.

grammagail on June 2, 2013 at 7:27 pm
    • OOPS Gail, I meant to comment under Your reply…where is my head?? Oh well it's there anyway^_^B):)

Jennie/Florida on June 2, 2013 at 10:33 pm
    • Wasn't bad here, a little wind, mostly rain. The worst went to the west of me.

540sam on June 3, 2013 at 9:58 am
    • Thank you, Jennie, I wasn't able to answer before…we had terrible thunder/lightening storms and today doesn't look much better, but it isn't raining….

TishaStanley on June 3, 2013 at 11:45 am
    • Hi Jennie! You are such a great Weather Adviser–on top of all your talents! :D I really appreciate your heads up! We're in good shape in SE VA. Rain, wind and now a dark, dreary day, but safe. Thank you! You stay safe, too! I haven't told the Blog this, but today I'm asking for prayer for my hubby, Gary. Between dealing with my health issues, which are under some control, thankfully, at present–and the recent discovery of serious skin changes, Gary has had 2 biopsies this past month, of the noise area. Unless, we hear differently today, Gary will be undergoing extensive surgery for a rare form of aggressive cancer and the major beginning of facial reconstruction, which will happen, with plastic surgery, over the next several months. It has been a frustrating month, waiting for further identification of the cells they've seen. These are changing rapidly and acting different than basal, squamous and even melanoma cancers. All Gary has is an indent that has grown fast and expanded. No other symptom or strange appearance…. I've not been on our Blog much, since time has been spent researching, finding best doctors, not only for the surgery but one to rebuild the facial area, which might be removed, for safety. Being that Gary is often in front of people, both as a CFP , a leader at our church and sort of a public "leader" within our community, he is naturally concerned, especially if , worst case scenario, they have to remove a very large area including his nose. The surgery is scheduled tomorrow, in order to hold the OR, but things may change, depending on today's big medical specialists' meeting around all the slides and samples, to determine how much tissue will need to come off. Being on Gary's face, this may take months to repair, reconstruct and heal. I really would appreciate your prayers everybody! This is scary in the natural world. We know that God is in control, but our humanness leaves us very uncertain and dependent upon God's Grace. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, Every Bloggie! I was miraculously healed of three major, metastasized life-threatening cancers, as many of you know, on January 4th of this year. I don't know why the Lord picked me and removed the entire threat!!! My prayer is for Him to intervene for Gary. This is really big. Love and appreciation to each. Lots of Bloggies hurting, and I almost feel guilty to ask for prayers, when more serious things are happening to our Blog Family. But Gary is my best friend, partner and husband, a wonderful individual who has been so giving to me and even taken in over the years, my Mom, who lived 19 years in our home, then her Brother, both of whom died in our home in very recent years– and we care for a disabled adult daughter, who cannot care for herself. (((Hugs))) to all–and thanks!<3:| Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 3, 2013 at 11:55 am
    • Hi Jennie,
      Thanks for asking, we are fine here just got a lot of rain which was nice for it cooled it off here, been really hot. I went by my mothers yesterday to make sure all was well there too.

home_girl on June 3, 2013 at 12:06 pm
    • OK. trying again! Admin ZAPPING is active now! Good thing i copied before trying to post. Hi Jennie! You are such a great Weather Adviser–on top of all your talents! :D I really appreciate your heads up! We're in good shape in SE VA. Rain, wind and now a dark, dreary day, but safe. Thank you! You stay safe, too!
      I haven't told the Blog this, but today I'm asking for prayer for my hubby, Gary. Between dealing with my health issues, which are under some control, thankfully, at present–and the recent discovery of serious skin changes, Gary has had 2 biopsies this past month, of the nose area. Unless, we hear differently today, Gary will be undergoing extensive surgery for a rare form of aggressive cancer and the major beginning of facial reconstruction, which will happen, with plastic surgery, over the next several months. It has been a frustrating month, waiting for further identification of the cells they've seen. These are changing rapidly and acting different than basal, squa mous and even melanoma cancers. All Gary has is an indent that has grown fast and expanded. No other symptom or strange appearance…. I've not been on our Blog much, since time has been spent researching, finding best doctors, not only for the surgery but one to rebuild the area which might be removed, for safety. Being that Gary is often in front of people, both as a CFP, a leader at our church and sort of a public "leader" within our community, he is naturally concerned, especially if , worst case scenario, they have to remove a large area including his nose. The surgery is scheduled tomorrow, in order to hold the OR, but things may change, depending on today's big medical specialists' meeting around all the pathology slides and samples, to determine how much tissue will need to come off. Being on Gary's face, this may take months to reconstruct and heal. I really would appreciate your prayers everybody! This is scary in the natural world. We know that God is in control, but our humanness leaves us very uncertain and dependent upon God's Grace. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, Every Bloggie! I was miraculously healed of three major, metastasized life-threatening cancers, as many of you know, on January 4th of this year. I don't know why the Lord chose me and removed the entire threat!!! My prayer is for Him to intervene for Gary. This is really big. Love and appreciation to each. Lots of Bloggies hurting, and I almost feel guilty to ask for prayers, when more serious things are happening to our Blog Family. But Gary is my best friend, partner and husband, a wonderful individual who has been so giving to me and even taken in, over the years, my Mom, who lived 19 years in our home, then her Brother, both of whom passed away in our home in very recent years– and we care for a disabled adult daughter, who cannot care safely for herself. (((Hugs))) to all–and many thanks!<3:| Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 3, 2013 at 12:07 pm
    • 3rd try: OK. trying again! Admin ZAPPING is active now! Good thing i copied before trying to post. Hi Jennie! You are such a great Weather Adviser–on top of all your talents! :D I really appreciate your heads up! We're in good shape in SE VA. Rain, wind and now a dark, dreary day, but safe. Thank you! You stay safe, too! <3 :)
      I haven't told the Blog this, but today I'm asking for prayer for my hubby, Gary. Between dealing with my health issues, which are under some control, thankfully, at present–and the recent discovery of serious skin changes, Gary has had 2 biopsies this past month, of the nose area. Unless, we hear differently today, Gary will be undergoing extensive surgery for a rare form of aggressive cancer and the major beginning of facial reconstruction, which will happen, with plastic surgery, over the next several months. (continued…)

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 3, 2013 at 12:10 pm
    • (continuing:)
      It has been a frustrating month, waiting for further identification of the cells they've seen. These are changing rapidly and acting different than basal, squa mous and even melanoma. All Gary has is an indent that has expanded fast. No other symptom or strange appearance…. I've not been on our Blog much, since time has been spent researching, finding best doctors, not only for the surgery but one to rebuild the area which might be removed, for safety. Being that Gary is often in front of people, both as a CFP, a leader at our church and sort of a public "leader" within our community, he is naturally concerned, especially if , worst case scenario, they have to remove a large area including his nose. The surgery is scheduled tomorrow, in order to hold the OR, but things may change, depending on today's big medical specialists' meeting around all the pathology slides and samples, to determine how much tissue will need to be removed. Being on Gary's face, this may take months to reconstruct and heal. I really would appreciate your prayers everybody! This is scary in the natural world. We know that God is in control, but our humanness leaves us very uncertain and dependent upon God's Grace. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, Every Bloggie! (continued below)

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 3, 2013 at 12:14 pm
    • (continuing–well, the last part got zapped too, but I didn't copy it, so it is gone. hope this last part gets in–you Folk get the gist, though….)

DwnSoDwnEaster on June 3, 2013 at 12:17 pm
    • Kitty, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and Gary, also sending love and hugs your way.<3<3<3

SID on June 3, 2013 at 3:04 pm
    • Dear Kitty, I hope everything works out ok and I hope your prayers come true.

540sam on June 3, 2013 at 3:10 pm
    • Kitty I pray all goes well for the both of you and God bless Gary and make it all right for him too!
      Rhonda

home_girl on June 3, 2013 at 5:01 pm
    • Kitty, so sorry to hear of all this. You are in my prayers. I was just blogging and read down the page to you and now feel bad for my entry. As I said before, so many have more problems. I do know how difficult it can be with loved ones and illness. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Nan on June 3, 2013 at 6:08 pm
    • Dear Kitty, You both have a Heart of Gold and are Very Special People…I'm so Sorry to hear about Gary…I know He has been Your biggest Supporter and Rock during Your illnesses and know He must truly be Your Best friend..My thoughts and Prayers are with Gary and Pray that God will give You the strength to be strong for Gary in his time of need… and I Pray that Gary has Great success with his surgery and has a Speedy recovery.. Big Hugs to You and Gary !!! I Care…<3<3<3^_^

Jennie/Florida on June 3, 2013 at 6:29 pm
    • I know prayers work Kitty, So with so many prayers going out for Gary, keep the faith.

vicki_in_Utah on June 3, 2013 at 6:33 pm
    • Kitty, I am sending you and Gary a whole bunch of hugs, so brace yourselves! ;) I am also saying a prayer that Gary's medical procedures are successful and that you, my dear, have less and less pain as each day goes by. <3<3<3Boo

Boo on June 3, 2013 at 8:17 pm
    • So sorry to hear of all this Kitty. I just joined this wonderful blog back in Feb. I did not know of your battles! God has a bigger and better plan for you, that is why He chose you! You and Gary will be in my constant thoughts and prayers. <3 (Susan)

nanaofsix on June 3, 2013 at 9:21 pm
    • Kitty, dear, I know about having a best friend, partner, husband, lover, supporting rock – I am blessed to have one, also.__I and many others are praying for both of you. You have many friends here who you don't know you personally, but we care what happens to you and yours. Many are fortunate to have the "love of our life" and our prayers are with you.__WCG

Wind Chime Girl on June 3, 2013 at 9:33 pm
    • HI Kitty, don't feel guilty for praying and asking for prayers for your loved ones. Sounds like he is your rock and you love him dearly. There is nothing wrong with that sweety. I know if it were my husband (best friend) I would be doing the same. I will pray for you both and I really hope our prayers are answered. Stay strong sweety. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on June 4, 2013 at 8:37 am
    • Kitty, prayers have been winging your way daily. Please let us know how Gary is doing. As Rebecca says, much love. <3 Judy

JudyInMich on June 4, 2013 at 7:03 pm
    • Kitty, my prayers and thoughts are with you and Gary and your family also.

karenlin91 on June 6, 2013 at 9:16 am
    • Sweet Kitty my reply to you is delayed, but my prayers for you and Gary haven't been.

I know Gary is a wonderful friend, partner and husband to you from the many blogs you have shared with us about him, as well as him traveling with you to the BC in Maine and supporting you in sharing that private vacation trip with us bloggers. I hope he feels the blogs warmest hopes of restored good health and blessings for you both. :)

Mel on June 7, 2013 at 9:35 am
    • Kitty, Gary has been in our prays and will stay there. God is not a man that he can only handle so many problems at one time. (you already know this) We, each and every single soul, are important and worthy of prayer. You know that God loves Gary. May He get the glory!

Eugenia27 on June 6, 2013 at 3:22 pm
    • Hi Jennie, It is so terrible right now for so many people. My heart goes out them. I hope everyone made it through safely. Poor Oklahoma keeps getting hit. It is just so sad. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on June 4, 2013 at 8:28 am
  10. Hi Gail, so glad to hear You and family are OK!!^_^:p..All of these outburst of electrical storms, tornadoes, torrential rains are pretty overwhelming..Florida is flooding already in some areas and the weatherman said more of the same for us the next 5 or 6 days…Our yards are already saturated..Snakes are going to start coming out, I'm afraid..Yikes!!! That would ruin my whole day!!! o.0o.0:( Take care and stay safe!^_^

Jennie/Florida on June 2, 2013 at 10:22 pm