May 8

Along the Waterfront

Blog Cabin 2013 Water Views

A big part of Blog Cabin’s appeal is that phenomenal view of Core Sound. How is the remodeling team making the most of the home’s waterfront location? First, by making sure the newly renovated home offers views from every possible vantage point and then by providing a front-row seat to all the action. Rebuilding the dock took some creative thinking but now offers a spot to bask in the sun, nature watch (yes, dolphins play in these waters) and fish for flounder, red drum, croaker, mullet and skates.

To learn more, please visit the Remodeling of Blog Cabin 2013 package on HGTVRemodels.com where we’ve just launched features on waterfront views and dock reconstruction. I truly appreciate project manager Dylan Eastman’s sensitive, environmentally friendly approach to home remodeling and land development.

1. I also see that the front porch clothes line is working out OK.

540sam on May 9, 2013 at 4:33 pm
    • LOL you are right……perfect clothes line. and when you said "Not a pergola either I dont think, How about an outdoor entermainment area, screened, picnic tables and BBQ?", I'm thinking you must be right…..not a shed, or pergola, but something we weren't even expecting! ;-)

karenlin91 on May 9, 2013 at 5:10 pm
    • LOL I was thinking the same.540sam, karenlin91xDxD<3 love this style doesn't let you miss the view;)

MaryPA on May 9, 2013 at 9:00 pm
  2. Hi Everyone, I had errands to run all day and just came home and got a Nice surprise…Wow those guys sure work fast and the Pergola looks great..Looks as though the main attraction right now is under and around the Pecan trees…I see hibiscus are planted and can't tell what the others are…They are really doing a great job and it will be a great place to hang out all year round..Well, Might have to have some portable heaters in the winter time LOL, Brrr!!! If I won this beautiful Place, I wouldn't never want to go inside…Just get my Garnet throw and head out to the Pecan Trees…..Wonder where the firepit will go?? Maybe between the two Pecan trees on the New Patio they are installing Just love it all so far:p^_^B)<3
    I see they have finished the steps on the Westside by the kitchen door and have installed the brown post of course, that was expected… that's OK…I'm over it ^_^ Must move on!! Great surprises from here on out!!! Landscaping is my Most favorite projects and can't wait to see more more more!!! B)<3<3

Jennie/Florida on May 9, 2013 at 5:24 pm
    • The kitchen does not have an outside door. That door on the west side goes into the powder room and laundry area. You have to walk through the dining room to get into the kitchen, since the kitchen is in the center of the house. Lots of work today, with lots and lots of pavers installed by those large trees. The large white posts that were painted yesterday, are actually the coverings for the posts that were in the ground, similar to the posts of the porch. Hope everyone had a terrific day. Landscaping is always tons of work, but tons of fun. :) :) Anyone would be very proud to live here.

Builder on May 9, 2013 at 5:53 pm
    • No, they painted those upright posts early this am, and painted the others yesterday at the side of the house on saw horses, they are not vinyl covers.

540sam on May 9, 2013 at 7:14 pm
    • Thanks Builder, you are right, the West door goes into the Powder room area then you turn right to the Dining room and kitchen ..I knew the kitchen was in the center area with no outer wall and no windows..Only light will be coming from the dining/living room area and the beautiful Cupola that will give more light..I'm surprised they did that since the old Cottage kitchen had lots of windows and sunlight and was open floor plan, but I'm sure they have their reasons for not having the kitchen on the outer wall with windows..
      Can't wait to see inside, it's all finished now and waiting to be shown on the Big Reveal!!! Not too much longer before the Virtual Tour.:)^_^ but it's going to drag by for the Bloggers who have been here everyday from the start and anxiously waiting to see inside :pB)<3 Good Nite!!! :)

Jennie/Florida on May 10, 2013 at 12:52 am
    • Jennie, Thanks for the note. Yes, things are moving fast and furious. The irrigation guys are there today, the railing is going up on the lower porch, and everyone is working like crazy. Nice day today, with temps in the low 80's, a little wind to make whitecaps, and low humidity. Now, how can anyone not like that? Have a terrific evening. :) :) Lots of sod was laid yesterday. With temps in the 80's, the need for water on new sod is very important. Enjoy…………..

Builder on May 10, 2013 at 5:43 pm
  3. I went back and looked at the peoples choice for the outdoors, and the pergola that won was the Rustic one, not the classic white. So this must be something we didn't vote on. Or they changed their mind like they did on so many things on the Maine BC.

vicki_in_Utah on May 9, 2013 at 5:43 pm
    • Vicki the gabled pergola is a perfect match for the home! I Love the mirroring of the gabled roof lines of the home and it's white trim color to the pergola. Very, Very nice…….

They do change things a bit, maybe that's why voting details are vague, to allow some leeway with the final design.
      I wouldn't mind seeing the fresnel light in the cupola…..LOL
      Lat year they did give the bloggers the original door knocker that we loved so much instead of the one that won the P/C vote.

Mel on May 9, 2013 at 6:13 pm
    • That was a good thing, the old knocker.

vicki_in_Utah on May 9, 2013 at 9:54 pm
  4. ? When I came on here a short while ago, there was a completely new format . When I went to the next page, it came back to this style. I sure get Quirky things. Some of you sure can get to see more detail than I can.
    Great that you can actually see exactly what is happening. Just a FYI – – Still not able to see the gifts to vote one them. Just the circle going round and round. Please keep posting what youare seeing for those of us that are not so skilled.Have a great night everyone. Hope all the Crew get a well deserved rest. Best to all ;) <3

Nan on May 9, 2013 at 5:51 pm
    • I got that weird format once…….I didn't like it and was really glad it came back to this….whew! ;-) I wish I could tell you what to do about the page not loading……..

karenlin91 on May 9, 2013 at 6:33 pm
    • Nan, are you using Microsoft or Apple software? If it's Microsoft which Operating System are you using? The older versions (Windows XP or Vista) don't support the newer websites very well. Also, what version of Internet Explorer are you using? If you're not using a newer version of Internet Explorer there will be the issues. If you can you may need to upgrade to newer versions of the web browser you're using to be able to see the webpages pages properly. :) I can't guarantee this is the answer but it's an obvious place to start. Hope it helps.

AnniesOwn on May 9, 2013 at 10:30 pm
  5. Chris just walked up to the camera and waved at us, he's a peach!
    WCG

Wind Chime Girl on May 9, 2013 at 7:01 pm
  6. Ooooh, look the stairs in the front of the porch are going up this eve. It will be lovely! Nice and wide!

amberPA on May 9, 2013 at 7:31 pm
  7. The garden area, patio, and pergola area is lovely. I can't wait until it is finished. Just imagine sitting out there in the early morning sitting, sipping on coffee, listening to the birds, as you see the dolphins go by the dock…..What a great location. What a wonderful dream! Becky<3

bythebaydreamer on May 9, 2013 at 7:32 pm
  8. Hey all, is that a pergola over under the trees? Wow….How cool!

amberPA on May 9, 2013 at 7:35 pm
  9. Pavers, cement, and shrubs, oh my! Pavers, cement, and shrubs, Oh my! What a wonderful dream! There is no place like home! It is so fun to dream! He-hee!

amberPA on May 9, 2013 at 7:42 pm
    • On top of that, there is one very sturdy front stairs, too. With 9 stair stringers, no one can ever say they skimped on building the steps. Nothing but top notch workmanship in this home. Enjoy :) :)

Builder on May 9, 2013 at 8:26 pm
  10. facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151661313896081 … copy and past this link and it will go to a video on Chris's facebook…..then if you click on next for the next 2 or 3 video's they are all blog cabin…….. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chris-Grundy/13921
    this one goes to 3 new pics from today….one of Chris and Matt gives a really good look at the porch ceiling, and the decking on the porch…;-)

karenlin91 on May 9, 2013 at 8:44 pm
    • New pic and video on Chris's Facebook……..the video has a quickie glimpse of the left side of the house and a big (tent? not sure?) behind the house on that side…..;-)

karenlin91 on May 10, 2013 at 2:17 pm