May 8

Along the Waterfront

Blog Cabin 2013 Water Views

A big part of Blog Cabin’s appeal is that phenomenal view of Core Sound. How is the remodeling team making the most of the home’s waterfront location? First, by making sure the newly renovated home offers views from every possible vantage point and then by providing a front-row seat to all the action. Rebuilding the dock took some creative thinking but now offers a spot to bask in the sun, nature watch (yes, dolphins play in these waters) and fish for flounder, red drum, croaker, mullet and skates.

To learn more, please visit the Remodeling of Blog Cabin 2013 package on HGTVRemodels.com where we’ve just launched features on waterfront views and dock reconstruction. I truly appreciate project manager Dylan Eastman’s sensitive, environmentally friendly approach to home remodeling and land development.

1. The house looks great and so does the dock. I wish the ocean water was crystal clear and blue. The yard is huge!

Summer on May 8, 2013 at 5:38 pm
  2. I am so relieved to see the home and area around it cleaned up. Some workers don't respect the old-fashioned builder's code of "leaving a clean scene" at the end of the day. This builder gets it, even if others on the scene don't and he should be praised!! Donna D

UOwinner on May 8, 2013 at 6:03 pm
  3. Is it just me, or does it look like the metal on the porches keeps snapping. Or is it being broken?
    DD

UOwinner on May 8, 2013 at 6:12 pm
  4. Perfect for casting a line! My husband has been an excellent fisherman and has taught me and my children the value of being able to fish. We always catch and release. Just Wow ! What a dream home!

mkro19 on May 8, 2013 at 6:16 pm
  5. OK…..DIY hosts (and HGTV hosts), how many of you had your ears burning today?

I had the BEST conversation with another fan of your shows at the dentist office. We went on and on about our favorites! My husband came out…wanted me to discuss my new bridge (not a dock) a bridge. I was more excited about talking about my new friend who enjoys the same shows as I do. He grinned and said….what about the bridge? lol

Then, I come here and Mary has posted a pic of the dock. WOW! It is such a great day! :)

Mary, I had a friend tell me how she loves dolphins. I'd like to see these for myself….and not just on tv/movies.

mkro19, my hub is the same. Last year, he took me for our first fishing trip. It was fantabulous! On the last day, we had so many disasters in a 30 min. time period, it was unbelievably hysterical! And….I didn't want to go to shore.

Trish on May 8, 2013 at 6:35 pm
  6. Hi Mary, Thank you for the New thread.. Everything has been Spectacular about this Cottage so far and the land is so beautiful and "roomy"!!! LOL The Guys are top notch Workers and Very dedicated to the Cottage. I just wish Crew would give us a wave every once in a while to acknowledge that We Bloggers are sitting here anxiously waiting to see every little thing that goes on…
    Mary have you forgot to mention to the Designers to leave us a Sign on the grape vine?? We do miss them and we haven't had a new one since Desperate Landscapes left theirs back in March I think…We want to be part of the process Tooo…A sign, a wave and a smile at the camera would be great…Please include us, We All Love the Cottage and can't wait to see progress being made:p^_^<3 Thank you again Mary and Have a Good Evening!!!:p<3

Jennie/Florida on May 8, 2013 at 8:05 pm
  7. Night at the cabin . It's going to get stuffy in there, hope they open the doors and I'm still up. :D

MaryPA on May 8, 2013 at 8:08 pm
  8. It is hard to believe to be at the ocean to realyy be at the ocean and see some of God's creations. There is just something about dolphins. And I too believe in catcing fish and letting them go or anything and let go. What peace and beauty this pix has and how they were concerned about all the views we can have-just unbelievable I can not wait till voting begins . I'm just about like everyone one love and want this home to live there the rest of my life

bogartandbacall on May 8, 2013 at 8:58 pm
    • b & b, how are you doing?
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on May 8, 2013 at 9:08 pm
    • Thank you for asking I/we are doing ok. Everyday is alright, but it touches my heart for you and those who are with us in thouthts and prayers. I pray for every blogger to be safe. Now oh my that home is getting more and more beautiful in every shape , way and form. I look to see it every day and mostly twice a day to see what is going on (when computer behaving). When I saw the dock my heart fell and I was in awe just to look at it just to look at it. Cannot wait to see more and more up to the finish. Think I saw into kitchen-has anyone else Yellow colored tile with few other colors, kitchen sink cornered, and orange lights 3 of them. Maybe a window on the wall in living room not sure, but anyway it comes I will love it, Blog later:D

bogartandbacall on May 9, 2013 at 5:26 pm
    • Yes, our beautiful BC is a wonderful distraction for us all. We all have woes, I know, but some are worse than others and I find myself worrying about all my new friends. I'm glad you are doing okay.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on May 9, 2013 at 6:58 pm
  9. That sounds great guy's thank you for taking extra time with the dock it looks great I love it

pixelecho69 on May 8, 2013 at 10:05 pm
  10. A glass of wine, and sunset on the dock— I'd take it! :)

Lia_M on May 8, 2013 at 11:00 pm
    • A cup of coffee and sunrise, I'd take that too! :)

Risinglight on May 9, 2013 at 8:58 am