May 8

Along the Waterfront

Blog Cabin 2013 Water Views

A big part of Blog Cabin’s appeal is that phenomenal view of Core Sound. How is the remodeling team making the most of the home’s waterfront location? First, by making sure the newly renovated home offers views from every possible vantage point and then by providing a front-row seat to all the action. Rebuilding the dock took some creative thinking but now offers a spot to bask in the sun, nature watch (yes, dolphins play in these waters) and fish for flounder, red drum, croaker, mullet and skates.

To learn more, please visit the Remodeling of Blog Cabin 2013 package on HGTVRemodels.com where we’ve just launched features on waterfront views and dock reconstruction. I truly appreciate project manager Dylan Eastman’s sensitive, environmentally friendly approach to home remodeling and land development.

1. It looks like they are staining or sealing the big 4 x 4's over by the dock, I still think that is for the rustic pergola. So maybe we get 2 places to R&R.

vicki_in_Utah on May 12, 2013 at 12:12 pm
    • Vicki I would love to see another covered area or pergola down by the dock. NC coastal summers are hot & humid. Shade would be much appreciated by the winner, and make any area designed for outdoor R&R more enjoyable and useable.

Mel on May 12, 2013 at 12:20 pm
    • Vickie, I saw a crew measuring the ground where the grapevine is. Hopefully that's where the pergola is going.

540sam on May 12, 2013 at 12:50 pm
  2. I was thinking about those Cable wires and wondered if or when they came loose or broke, how is the Homeowner suppose to fix them..Do they have to have special tools to install? I watched the guy installing and it looked as though he was having problems, soooo the Homeowner would really have a hard time replacing or reconnecting them…Just a thought:)
    Also maybe they took the plants out because the guys would be in the flowerbed stepping on them while working on the Cable wires o.0 Looks like they are taking all of them l down, the last time I looked .Mmmm,
    I wonder why??? Any Ideas???

Jennie/Florida on May 12, 2013 at 12:21 pm
    • Another thought!! Since they didn't add the white lattice or some kind of protection underneath the porch to keep animals out…If a Skunk found his way to the Cottage and made his home underneath, He would "perfume" up the whole Cottage LOL…Wouldn't that be awful !!! o.0:(

OK, that's it for me for a while, I'm going over to my Daughters for a Mother's Day Lunch…I will catch up later..B)<3

Jennie/Florida on May 12, 2013 at 12:55 pm
    • Jennie, That's what I'm hoping for is the lattice.

Wind Chime Girl on May 12, 2013 at 8:13 pm
    • Hi Jennie..hope you had a great Mother's Day with your daughters ! <3

LLColeman on May 13, 2013 at 1:55 am
    • Thank you LL,. I had a great time and my oldest Grandson, 24 yrs old made Banana Pudding for me which was a nice surprise…He finished college and is a Computer genius. He married last Spring and will soon be a father…My sweet "little" Grandson, .how fast they grow up…He will be a wonderful father..I'm so proud of him and My daughter who raised him alone and she has done a wonderful job.
      His father passed away due to complications with kidney problems when he was only 4 yrs old.. :(
      My other Daughter has no children, She and my Son-in-law has Careers and Cat and a Dog Kids!^_^<3

Jennie/Florida on May 13, 2013 at 8:32 pm
    • ;) love banana pudding <3 I can tell you are a proud grandma ! <3

LLColeman on May 13, 2013 at 8:39 pm
    • Skunk find their way under even with lattice. I had one under my front porch he got used to us never sprayed. Eventually after a year or so he disappeared.

zulumom on May 13, 2013 at 5:47 am
  3. !!!! Just checking in , its 1pm bc time and the Mothers Day GRINCHES have really struck again !!!!! no top rails, cables down front steps are gonnneee, some one call the cops ,,are these people supposed to be there??? there was a lot of beautiful work that went down the drain, washed out to the sound,, just watching..karens husband Carl..

karenlin91 on May 12, 2013 at 1:11 pm
    • LOL, LOL, LOL Karen's husband Carl !!

Thanks for the laugh your post gave me! This is incredible and baffling….best day of my cabin cam addiction by far…

Mel on May 12, 2013 at 1:18 pm
    • It is incredible and baffling!!!!! I first thought these were old pictures too, but the live cam does seem to update when clicked. The other strange thing is the wide main steps and rails are now laying right in front of the pergola. It can't be an earlier image because the steps and rail posts weren't assembled before until they were installed, so these couldn't be earlier images. Also note that the new plantings in front of the master bedroom entry are in place! Now why would they remove the steps, rails, wires and even the new plantings to the left of the steps? I am totally 'weirded' out!:'( Is it Mother's Day, or Halloween?:o

SID on May 12, 2013 at 2:39 pm
    • SID it is a live feed, I've been watching two guys that are working on a project behind the grapevines. They've marked the ground over by the grapevines in preparation of building something.I bet Sam is excited :) There is a missing 4 x 4 from down by the dock too.

They moved the front steps way back, not just a little….something is up. I could use a nap after the brunch I just ate, but I can't stop watching!

Mel on May 12, 2013 at 3:26 pm
    • Mel thanks for the update, I'm glad you saw them remove them this morning, this solves part of the mystery. Whatever is going on it must be BIG! Guess there's nothing to do now but watch and see what's up!B)<3

SID on May 12, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    • Hello Karen's husband Carl. You just made me laugh out loud. In fact i am still chuckling. I agree ,call the cops ! ! I had looked at the site then bloged before reading all of these, to catch-up. So glad I came back. Now they sure have us "snoopers" doing double time. Hey ! Do you think there is Double time pay for Bloggers? Ha Ha—- Gosh, the Blog Cabin cost will be going up with all the overtime. These wokers do not get much time off. All the men will have to take their wives on a Special Date when this job is finished. Thank you all for such dedication to make this the very best Blog Cabin ever ! ! ;) <3
      my best to all Nan ;) <3

Nan on May 12, 2013 at 4:13 pm
  4. I was thinking they were OL D pictures, as I had checked early this AM and another time since. Just checked and it said 33 minutes ago . Now I am confused for sure ! I could understand the plants ect, but the STEPS ? That would not make any sense. Just my thoughts. Earlier, I thought they were taking a much deserved rest. Guess we will see tomorrow. Have a restful day all, and my very best- Nan ;) <3

Nan on May 12, 2013 at 1:13 pm
    • Nan, hope for the lattice installation we've all been begging for!
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on May 12, 2013 at 8:15 pm
  5. The view is beautiful and the cabin will be as well. I hope the person who is lucky enough to win this looks out at the docks every morning over coffee or tea. What a wonderful place for a child to grow up in.

MikiCagle on May 12, 2013 at 1:19 pm
  6. I see even Chris is there on mothers day.

540sam on May 12, 2013 at 1:44 pm
  7. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to All Mom's, gramma's and Mom's to be…Have a wonderful day, may you all be as pampered as I am being today!!!

Tisha

TishaStanley on May 12, 2013 at 3:04 pm
  8. Back again ! Good thing I am not a cat ,because I had to go back to see the Blog Cabin being so curious. Well , much to my surprise, now@ after3PM, I see the steps with rail attached, over by the pergola. The time on the picture said 33 minutes ago. Guess that is that. Can not believe they are working. Have to wonder what changed to have them take out things. Anyway, looking forward to seeing what the final picture wiil show.
    Best to all Nan ;) <3

Nan on May 12, 2013 at 3:44 pm
  9. Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow bloggers. Hope your day has been wonderful! What a lot has been happening. Can't wait to find out why they removed the front steps and railing. I'm still hoping for that screened in porch, especially as they have added the steps on the kitchen side.

JudyInMich on May 12, 2013 at 4:50 pm
  10. I guess it's time to take the wife out for mothers day. dinner at H:o:oters. LOL…….kidding.

540sam on May 12, 2013 at 5:36 pm
    • lol that would be a treat only for you,maybe Father's Day you'll get your wish. ;) ;)

MaryPA on May 12, 2013 at 7:34 pm
    • lol YES it is, for all of us single Mother's with no family close by we just look forward to the calls..my son and daughter have called and that was so special!! Talked to the grand kids too. I am in NC and they are all in Texas and Colorado so I need this house so they can come visit me and not have to stay at the Hampton Inn, HELP me you guys, I am in dire need…please. I LOVE NC and especially the coast. I grew up on the coast and miss that water.

Bea on May 12, 2013 at 7:39 pm
    • I know that he Hooters restaurants in California offered free diners to all mothers that come in,not sure of other areas,,!! different way to save money… just Karen's husband,,crl

karenlin91 on May 12, 2013 at 8:14 pm
    • I, myself, have not been to Hooters. But, my grandmother loved to eat there…

TishaStanley on May 12, 2013 at 8:34 pm