May 8

Along the Waterfront

Blog Cabin 2013 Water Views

A big part of Blog Cabin’s appeal is that phenomenal view of Core Sound. How is the remodeling team making the most of the home’s waterfront location? First, by making sure the newly renovated home offers views from every possible vantage point and then by providing a front-row seat to all the action. Rebuilding the dock took some creative thinking but now offers a spot to bask in the sun, nature watch (yes, dolphins play in these waters) and fish for flounder, red drum, croaker, mullet and skates.

To learn more, please visit the Remodeling of Blog Cabin 2013 package on HGTVRemodels.com where we’ve just launched features on waterfront views and dock reconstruction. I truly appreciate project manager Dylan Eastman’s sensitive, environmentally friendly approach to home remodeling and land development.

1. Woohooo a new feed! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on May 8, 2013 at 3:10 pm
  2. I think the remodeling team has done an amazing job with the entire project! I love the dock, the house and the peace this remote property offers. I can not believe dolphins are actually there. I would love to see a dolphin swim by while sitting on the dock or relaxing in the beach. At my age one would not believe that I have never seen a dolphin playing in the water with exception to watching it on the tube! WOW it is just amazing! I will have to go now and check out the launched features you just mentioned. I LOVE THIS HOUSE!!! REMODELING TEAM YOU HAVE DONE A WONDERFUL JOB!! I can not wait to see when this little piece of paradise is finished. Much Love!! <3<3<3

Rebecca on May 8, 2013 at 3:17 pm
    • Yep dolphins are there, I bloged sometime back I was lucky enough to see one right at the end of the dock. The 2 guys working at the end and the dock supervisor(lab) stood and watched him too. You could have almost touched him.

540sam on May 9, 2013 at 8:13 am
    • Yes its amazing

Willie Smith on May 13, 2013 at 3:37 pm
  3. Ahhh! What a perfect spot to relax, soak in some sun and reflect on the day!

Downonthefarm on May 8, 2013 at 3:27 pm
    • Yes it is! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on May 8, 2013 at 3:58 pm
  4. Thank you for the new post. Loved looking at the pictures of the crew working on the dock. I would love to be able to watch dolphins swim by. Love all the work this crew is doing. Everyone is working hard to make someone's dream come true. Thank you DIY and everyone involved.

Noreen on May 8, 2013 at 3:30 pm
    • I agree 100%! Thanks for letting us be a part of it! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on May 8, 2013 at 4:00 pm
  5. These guys have been working their behinds off all day! Looks like they have poured the floor for the paragoda. It looked as if they delivered some flowers but they disappeared. It looked like purple ones. I love purple. This yard is just going to be amazing. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on May 8, 2013 at 3:58 pm
  6. WOW! WOW! WOW!
    Mary, Thank you for the new thread. I couldn't be more excited to see the beautiful dock! What a dream to think of ever visiting, never mind living at the blog cabin. It is truly the "Jewel of the Beach"!!! I' can't wait to see more!!! Becky:)<3

bythebaydreamer on May 8, 2013 at 4:13 pm
    • Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Too! Beautiful job! Great View! Love the Pier Pics , especially the ones showing all the hard workers putting it together and securing it for many, many years to come! Thank you Mary for the new thread, and DIY and Contractors for all you are doing–it's so special!!!:DxD^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on May 8, 2013 at 7:06 pm
  7. Today is my wonderful husband's birthday and what a gift this cabin would be! The cabin, beach, water, dolphins and the views would be paradise for us!! Being an artist, I can imagine sitting and painting my surroundings and my husband, a water sports fan, enjoying all that water. Nights would be enjoyed by outdoor or indoor fires ( depending on weather ) with chilled glasses of wine from the beautiful bucket, listening to great music from the winning speakers and serving delicious apps on the tray w/ dip on the side…. while entertaining family and friends. Thank you DIY for all the ways that imaginations and dreams can come true.

dona on May 8, 2013 at 4:33 pm
    • dona, Happy Birthday to your husband. It is a beautiful place to sit, reflect, paint, fish, swim or anything else someone would want to do. DIY has really outdone themselves. DIY You Rock!!!

bythebaydreamer on May 8, 2013 at 8:55 pm
  8. Given the activity all around the BC, I see the concrete has been poured with a surface area in front of the poles. Reminds me of a porch attached to gazebo?? Maybe have an outside picnic table while the remaining structure is under SCREENED alert?? We can only hope and watch.

Kevin on May 8, 2013 at 4:48 pm
    • I think it is just compacted gravel material, like is in the pile. One of the guys was using the ground compactor earlier this afternoon.. If you look real close, you will see some very small ridges in places, between passes of the compactor. One mighty fantastic operation on this 3 acres, don't you think?

Builder on May 8, 2013 at 5:03 pm
  9. It sure looks nice, I wonder if they are going to do anything else to it? I like the steps.

vicki_in_Utah on May 8, 2013 at 5:06 pm
  10. Thanks Mary, That sounds like a fun thing to do and only 300ft. from the Blog Cabin. B)B)<3<3
    When I saw the tree outback by the tent I thought were the strong winds this morning then, I saw all the other activity. WOW can't wait to view the dock rebuilding.<3<3:*

MaryPA on May 8, 2013 at 5:10 pm