May 2

Cabin Comforts: Keep the Party Going

Blog Cabin 2013 party items

Today begins the Cabin Comforts vote for party products. Please vote up to ten times per day for entertaining items and then enter once per day for your chance to win a gift set identical to the one we present to the winner of Blog Cabin 2013.

• Posted at 10:35 am on May 5, 2013

1. I just voted for the cabin comforts, although I am not sure a Karaoke machine is the best idea…….my singing voice is not so good.

Summer on May 2, 2013 at 3:15 pm
  2. I was surprised by the size of the speakers. Remember how speakers had to be HUGE to be impressive. Now, we're trying to find them small enough but with excellent quality. I'm very curious about these.

Trish on May 2, 2013 at 4:08 pm
    • I used to sing, was in chorus in school–back in the day when you had to audition to get in–now, if I were to sing, dogs would start barking!!! I voted for the speakers, but my youngest daughter has one great voice!! I'm not saying that because she's my daughter many people who have heard her want to know why she hasn't tried going on to American Idol…she doesn't have stage fright, she's performed a lot!! Her chorus class actually went to Disney January 2012…it can be found on youtube…Madison Central/Disney if anyone wants to check it out

TishaStanley on May 2, 2013 at 6:58 pm
  3. I finally saw the sweet swing under the tree in the yard. Please don't take it down. If this has been discussed…..I finally found it.

Trish on May 2, 2013 at 4:17 pm
    • If you look carefully there are two swings and a trapeze pole hanging from those trees. Grundy was swinging on the trapeze last week. xD

Clive on May 2, 2013 at 4:38 pm
    • Very Cool!

My grandma taught me the song about " the daring young man on the flying trapeze." OK….someone have fun with a Song about Grundy flying. BTW…..I lost my blue sunglasses. Grundy, where'd you find the ones you're wearing on the porch? I even checked the church lost and found and still can't find mine.

Trish on May 2, 2013 at 7:07 pm
  4. I went back and looked at the floor plan again. I think the swing will be a good thing over by the MB. The living room protects that deck from the wind that would come off the water. I know my favorite spouse and I would enjoy sitting out there at night when you can’t see the water anyway. Tucked away like it is makes it that much more intimate.
    The main deck that faces the water is better without the porch swing. It can be decorated or set up for different occasions. Put some nice rockers out there to enjoy the view. Remove them when you have that big blogger party and you need space of people to stand or those long buffet tables to hold munchies.
    Just a thought. ?

Eugenia27 on May 2, 2013 at 7:05 pm
  5. Excellent, Comfort items for entertaining and having fun with family and friends. It was had to choose between the karaoke machine and the bluetooth speaker. I may have to vote again. Love the Rock speakers, are the rocks on the beach more grey or brown??? I would have to vote for the local flare. Rock on New Bern, NC.

mkro19 on May 2, 2013 at 8:21 pm
    • I went with the grey rocks since I think that matches the house better, and I think the landscape will mirror that.

Risinglight on May 2, 2013 at 8:41 pm
  6. Don't everyone look at once, but the blinds are open in the main room. You can see a little bit of what it looks like if you zoom in. Enjoy!!!!

Risinglight on May 2, 2013 at 8:22 pm
  7. Good Morning Bloggers! It is Friday finally! Today were are expecting sunshine to return to the Crystal Coast! I heard from Grundy on FB that filming will return on Saturday with Allison & the Kitchen Crashers!!!! Hopefully, we'll see some project work then! Have a blessed day!

rsl73 on May 3, 2013 at 5:42 am
  8. Wow! Its a bright day and I see activity. B)<3xD

MaryPA on May 3, 2013 at 7:07 am
  9. Good Morning!!! It is a beautiful day and I'm headed to the dock with coffee…maybe get a little sun…
    Ahh, what a dream…

TishaStanley on May 3, 2013 at 7:36 am
  10. Mary, Thank you for the post. I love the choices for cabin comforts!

Good Morning Tisha and fellow bloggers! What a lovely day! I can't wait to wade in the water with my toes touching the water and sandy bottom. Next I'm heading to the dock with Tisha, to have coffee. Want to join us? Becky:)<3

bythebaydreamer on May 3, 2013 at 8:18 am
    • I know about sea glass on the north atlantic coast lines, is there any on these shores? I mean…we can go and buy it from the stores right now, but not as fun as collecting our own.

Trish on May 8, 2013 at 8:51 am