Apr 29

Follow the Fun at Blog Cabin 2013

Chris Grundy at Blog Cabin 2013Blog Cabin 2013 show host Chris Grundy basks in the warm North Carolina sunshine in between takes.

We are presently in the episode filming portion of our Blog Cabin 2013 coverage. I encourage you to follow our show host Chris Grundy via his Facebook and Twitter pages. And don’t forget to like DIY Network on Facebook to watch exclusive videos (psst … an exclusive vlog is going up today) and get home site updates.

• Posted at 12:29 pm on April 4, 2013

1. Good morning to all. Have a most wonderful day. :) :):)

Builder on April 29, 2013 at 1:00 pm
    • Hiya, Builder!!! Hope your day is wonderful too! In fact, I hope EVERYBODY has a great week! Bob the Builder–that's who you must be!!! HeeHee!!! Gotta have a Name! :D :) B);)xD Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 29, 2013 at 1:42 pm
    • Good morning to you, and the wonderful day….stick around, we'll probably need you, especially with all the new pics and videos on facebook ;-)

karenlin91 on April 29, 2013 at 2:59 pm
    • Had a rainy day here… but it was most wonderful. I imagine you worked much harder than I did ;=). I don't usually "like" anyone on my little Facebook page. Don't do Twitter. I will have to see what everybody puts on the blog instead. Thanks for all of your dedication to our group, and for 'clue-ing' us in, when we are 'clue-less' ;=). Hope everyone had a most wonderful day!

BrookwoodCarolina on April 29, 2013 at 9:28 pm
    • DEEPEST GRATITUDE AND LOVE for all your skill and devotion to my new home!

Kitty on May 6, 2013 at 6:07 pm
    • Good morning to you also and have a Beautiful day! I love the Gray siding and the windows look great! This Blog home is going to be a Real Blessing to someone!

RonnieJames6182 on May 7, 2013 at 11:45 am
  2. Looks like a time for relaxing. I did this yesterday on our newly remodeled deck. I can see this happeniing on this project! Rather than a sea of roofs, the Atlantic ocean. s i g h …….

Enjoy that time, Mr. Grundy!

trish on April 29, 2013 at 1:39 pm
  3. Chris, glad you get a break and a chance to enjoy the weather. Gosh a nice cold beer would be nice I mean sweet ice tea right about now.

Ashtabulannie on April 29, 2013 at 1:39 pm
    • I think you got it right the first time Hokie! ^_^

EdinOregon on April 29, 2013 at 2:46 pm
  4. Wow Chris,
    The sun looks warm. Ok time to get back to work! The fireplace piece you've been working on looks nice,can't wait to see everything in its entirety.B) <3<3;)

MaryPA on April 29, 2013 at 1:42 pm
  5. Chris, You look like your "living the life"! Good for you. Hopefully I'll win this cabin and will be joining you next year.lol! Have a great day! Becky<3

bythebaydreamer on April 29, 2013 at 1:58 pm
  6. Looks like they are using a lot of recycled lumber on this part.

540sam on April 29, 2013 at 2:07 pm
  7. It sounds like Chris is enjoying the Crystal Coast! Crashers should head West to the other side of the Crystal Coast (same county along the coast), we could use some crashing back this way! No sunscreen needed today at the BC, rain, rain and clouds. I hope the weather improves tomorrow! Have a blessed day!

rsl73 on April 29, 2013 at 2:39 pm
  8. It shows 8 comments made. I'm not seeing any. How come? Oh DIY IT, there's a problem…….uh oh!

trish on April 29, 2013 at 2:43 pm
  9. I just hit the facebook pages, and Chris's tweet……Sweet!!!! wait till you see the way the porch swing is handled on the master porch ;-)

karenlin91 on April 29, 2013 at 3:10 pm
    • Hi Karenlin91 ! Thanks for your info. Can just picture being there on the " screened-in" porch with a tall glass of icedtea and a good book, I can dream,cann't I ? ( I know, and an old song) Someone has to win ! ! Best of luck to all. ;) <3 Chris, hope the filming doesn't take toooo long. They always do a great job with that. It will be fun to see it later. Keep smiling and your voice always has such enthusiasm,
      makes me anxious to see the next thing you will be showing. Keep up the good work with a great team. ;) ;)

Nan on April 29, 2013 at 5:06 pm
    • Hi Karen, I missed All the Activity yesterday..Rats!! Yard work just doesn't end. o.0…and We had a terrible Storm to come through just as I was coming inside..real high winds, Hail and really bad lightening..but all
      is well except for Mooore Debris to clean up after I just cleaned up…Bummer!!!
      So where did you see the Porch Swing on the Master porch?? I Missed that!:(..I did look at the Pics on facebook but didn't see a "Our" Porch Swing!:( OK… this Yard work has got to stop because it's interfering
      with my time of the Camera Cam!! :p^_^<3;)

Jennie/Florida on April 30, 2013 at 4:46 pm
    • I thought that the vote was for a swing on the MBR porch.

540sam on April 30, 2013 at 5:20 pm
    • Hi Sam, the Porch Swing was in the P/C's Master Suite pics, I figured they were putting it on the Little M/B Porch…but Sid and I both think there won't be room to swing on that porch, so it should go on the Big Porch! We will have to wait and see where they put it..The Winner can change things around to please their own taste!!!
      I sure like the Lounger they built ^_^ It looks pretty comfy and could be used on the Dock for just relaxing or reading, writing or getting a nice tan B)B)^_^

Jennie/Florida on April 30, 2013 at 6:26 pm
    • If it were my house to design I think I would not have bothered with the little porch off the master bedroom. It seems totaly superfluous. Bettter to add some more indoor space. It's not like it has a view or anything. It overloks the entrance, the road and the hege of the next door neighbors yard. None of which is very scenic or private.

Sally on April 30, 2013 at 10:55 pm
    • Hi Jennie, I've been missing most of the action here myself. We're doing a major redo of one of our main flower beds. Whatever would we do without Ibuprophen? Looking forward to seeing what they did with that swing, from the floor plans the small porch off the master didn't look deep enough for a swing.:S

SID on April 30, 2013 at 5:22 pm
    • Hi Sid, I agree with You about the Master porch, I don't think there is room enough for a Swing, I think Two Rockers would be nice with a little table in between and add some potted flowers in the corners! Put the Swing on the Front Porch to enjoy the water View!…Not too much to view from the M/B porch except the driveway and the Neighbor's Nice "House" and a collection of Great Water Toys!!! Must Be Nice!;)^_^<3;)Great to have neighbors who have good taste:p;)^_^B)

Jennie/Florida on April 30, 2013 at 5:55 pm
    • The swing pic is on the twitter page.

Mimitheminer on April 30, 2013 at 7:07 pm
    • I didn't see the porch swing either…

TishaStanley on April 30, 2013 at 7:46 pm
    • I think I saw it on Chris's facebook, or twitter…..both are really worth checking out ;-)
      And you're a better person than I! I don't even want to think about yardwork………I have plants and seeds to plant and weeds to pull and grass to mow, oh my! (aching back) ;-)

karenlin91 on April 30, 2013 at 8:32 pm
    • Karenlin91, once winter is over and things start growing I guess I turn into a garden maniac. There's so much to get done in the springtime before AR brutal heat and humidity kick in! Temperatures reached 83 degrees today, but there was a nice breeze blowing so it was really nice to be outside planting flowers and watching the bluebirds feed their sweet tiny babies.:)<3

SID on April 30, 2013 at 9:40 pm
  10. Woo Woo !! Something new !!

gremol on April 29, 2013 at 3:34 pm