Apr 18

Bedroom Cabin Comforts

Blog Cabin 2013 Bedroom Cabin Comforts

Today begins voting for bedroom-specific Cabin Comforts. Please cast your vote and enter for a chance to win the entire gift set!

• Posted at 10:22 am on April 4, 2013

1. Hi and happy weekend, Every Bloggie! Just one more check-in with you all–have all of you moseyed over to HGTVRemodels recently??? If you haven't do it now!!! Woohoo, Dylan Eastman's and Roby Contracting have done some WONDERS with the place and there are PICTURES–NEW, UPSTAIRS VIEWS!! Don't miss it! Thank you so much DIY!!! B)xD:p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 19, 2013 at 9:08 pm
    • And a happy weekend to you Kitty. Thanks for the heads up! I keep forgetting HGTVRemodels.

EdinOregon on April 20, 2013 at 1:15 am
    • Hi Kitty, do you have a link to the pictures? I went over there and was totally overwhelmed.

Eugenia27 on April 20, 2013 at 4:46 pm
    • Eugenia, did you actually get to HGTVRemodels? Top of this blog, Red strip, where the link says "Remodeling of…" When you get there, the top photo is a view of the dock and waterfront from the house backyard and on the left side, some text with a link– TITLE: "Focus on the Waterfront
      A four-pronged remodeling approach improves views of Core Sound, just 300 feet from Blog Cabin’s front porch. Adding Windows, Glass Doors and Unique Light Sources " THE LAST LINE–"Adding Windows, Glass Doors and Unique Light Sources" IS your LINK! :D Click there. It will take you to a long section with text, NEW photos which can be enlarged :) and Dylan's description of why decisions were made, probably edited by Mary(?). The pictures are individual and not in an album, but they distinctly give a totally different view of the interior of the BC! Hope this helps! Enjoy!xDB)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 20, 2013 at 5:24 pm
    • Thank you for your step by step description.
      I had Googled HGTVRemodels and I got "scenic overkill." There was so much to see the dreaded "internet" tried to swallow me up. I broke free before I found what I was looking for.
      I now have the correct spot and I'm going to check it out. Thanks.

Eugenia27 on April 20, 2013 at 6:08 pm
    • Thanks Kitty I will have to check it out! Much Love!! <3

Rebecca on April 23, 2013 at 4:16 pm
  2. Morning fellow bloggers. After a wild night of weather here on the east coast, and viewing the cabin at sunrise and panning around, seeing all the standing water, there is one place with no standing water and that would be at the base of the BC roof line, for those concerned about gutters.

540sam on April 20, 2013 at 6:39 am
  3. Good morning Everyone!! The coffee is on and I'm ready for the day!!!

TishaStanley on April 20, 2013 at 7:51 am
  4. Looks cloudy, sorta grey, but the grass is green and growing and the crew is working. The view from that upper porch will keep me captivated; I'll have to have many cups of coffee up there.

DGustaf on April 20, 2013 at 9:47 am
  5. Good morning guys!! I have the coffee and donuts ready!! Waiting patiently for 2pm to start the show! haha I really hope the cam is kind to us today. I see everyone is there preparing for the filming. I am so excited. I hope we will be able to see a few of the antiques and some other things they are planning on putting in the home. This is just so much fun!!! It really makes you feel like you are a part of it. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on April 20, 2013 at 10:46 am
  6. For all those interested and in the area of the 2012 BC, there is going to be an open house there
    Sunday April 21, 12AM to 11PM
    Outstanding Saltwater Farm on Dutch neck Road in Waldoboro completely renovated with the finest material available to the market. The DIY network in conjunction with Knickerbocker builders has spent many hours renovating this lovely home. Open House Time Comments: noon to 2pm.
    Contact Kenneth Gray Newcastle Square Realty http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/
    Hope I can make it there, would love to see the inside of the home.

home_girl on April 20, 2013 at 11:24 am
    • Hi Rhonda, what a Great treat it would be to walk through all the rooms inside the Farmhouse!!:p I would love that and i would also like to go through the Barn and remember all We went through during the remodeling and was pulling for the Barn to be remodeled also….It's Sad the place has sat all this time and no one there to take care of Her…I sure loved the Place and would like to have won the beauty, but like most, I couldn't afford to keep it either!!:(:( We did have a lot of fun on that journey, didn't We?…Loved all the photos You and Ken took for the Bloggers to enjoy! Maybe you will meet Ken at the Open House..It would be wonderful if He could buy the Farmhouse, it seems to be where his Heart is!!
      Hope you are well and hope your Mom is doing well also!^_^<
      They are Filming today at 2:00 pm at the Cottage…I think it will be the Mega Den's debut…Take Care! :p<3

Jennie/Florida on April 20, 2013 at 12:47 pm
    • yes it's been fun working on the 2012 BC and this years too.
      I hope all goes well and I get to see the home tomorrow and get to take pictures of the places we all wanted to see, like closets, barn etc. I'll let you all know if I get to go and what I find there.
      now back to watching the cabin cam and what's going on there…

home_girl on April 20, 2013 at 5:56 pm
  7. After reading the latest blogs, i see a lot of you knew about the filming today. I did a reply to DwnSoEaster much earlier on this page about how did you find out about the filmiing. Guess I had better Read from the bottom up so that I get more up to the minute things. I would appreciate any help to find out the information. Thank you bloggers .;) <3 Hope to be able to enjoy things coming up later. best to all ;) <3

Nan on April 20, 2013 at 11:40 am
    • Hi, Nan! Sorry I'm so late getting back to you,but we've had a little emergency here in the family with my Grandson being in the hospital for eye cellulitis, which can be dangerous, and I have been helping care for my great granddaughter. Thank God for strong antibiotics and cortisone–Jordan's on the mend, but it was a scare, so close to the brain and possibility of developing meningitis or blindness or worse from it! I'm not positive that i recall correctly, but i think that Builder revealed in one of his random posts maybe on Thursday, that the 2 o'clock Saturday filming would occur. My suggestion is to watch and check the tabs across the top of the page as well as reading all blog entries. The HGTV Remodels just posted a beautiful update with more, surprise pictures! Also, check the Main, and Coming Attractions. DIY likes to play with our heads a bit, so they sometimes post in unlikely spots, like, UNcategorized, on the right hand side, under CATEGORIES. Also, check down at the bottom of the page under the different Scripps Network Family of TV Companies for things like, Sweepstakes. When a new Sweepstakes entrytime begins, it will be posted there. You can link to that Scripps Network and even plug your email address in to be reminded to vote! Hope this helps! Your eyes are your ears…Good luck to you, Nan–and ALL! :) <3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 20, 2013 at 1:22 pm
    • Oh, and one more thing, when you come back to the blog and want to be sure you aren't re-reading blogs, make sure you refresh the page, THEN, at the beginning of the thread, be sure and CLICK, "LAST ACTIVITY." That will re-order the latest Blog entries so that you are getting the latest entries and responses to entries… ^_^:D<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 20, 2013 at 1:26 pm
    • Thank you for your help Kitty ! Is Builder Associated with the Blog Cabin, or a blogger like us ? So sorry for your Grandson. I will keep him in my prayers. And, a Greatgranddaughter. I know how you feel. Our family is always most important to us as it should be. I always pray for the Doctors to be able to help them. Your family is fortunate to have you, but I love being with my little ones too. my best to all ;) <3

Nan on April 20, 2013 at 2:13 pm
    • Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers, Nan! Nan, I believe that Builder is with Roby … I did point blank ask him once if he was Dylan, to which he replied , no, and, very politely stated, Dylan was more talented than he. :) I suspect he is on the spot with Roby because somebody has to be there with constant oversight, and Builder is putting in some very long hours. Builder is also very up to date on what is happening and feeds us clues, sometimes, before things happen!. He KNOWS! Only thing i just can't agree with Builder is the new mix of very clashing contemporary upstairs porch bannister with the charming Southern farmhouse feel of the whole house design. To me, as a designer, that is a miss–it can be somewhat rectified with a good coat of white paint. I perceive that what they are trying to do is to somehow, tie in the "blunder vote" (again, I think) of the brown floor boards on the porches…. I cannot imagine why the brown was even given as a selection on the early porch floor vote–but more so, can't comprehend how people vote for parts of decor, without considering the entire final result and inter-relationships of the whole! LOL! It is just one of life's "GO FIGURE" moments… :D :p;)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 20, 2013 at 2:53 pm
    • Kitty- Wrong again. Not associated with Andrew Roby.

PS- Did you notice the LG 55" flat screen TV box on the ground in front of the porch this afternoon ?

Builder on April 20, 2013 at 4:20 pm
    • Tee-Hee! OK! I blew it again! Soooo…ALL I DO KNOW IS YOU'VE GOT TALENT, BUILDER! Maybe we'll find out that you're really Mary during the big Reveal, LOL! And I appreciate that you blog with us regularly and look forward to your entries! I've been checking in to try to catch some filming today, but so far, it seems to be inside. I've seen an adorable little girl on set and she gets my vote! Now, about that 55" LG (Life IS Good) TV, I haven't caught the box, and I'm glad you mentioned it for loads of my Bloggie Buddies! For myself, though, I'm not a big TV watcher, but very selective these days. Only Scripps Networks, History Channel, and PBS get my attention, of course, and clean, positive stuff, like The Voice, Shark Tank, Undercover Boss, The Bible series, American Idol….So if I haven't one of those, any TV is dark and silent…. You guys ARE knocking this Blog Cabin out of the Ballpark over-all, Builder, and My heart is just wishin' and hopin' and prayin' that a Bloggie will win this time and be able to keep this piece of paradise! Have a FANTABULOUS WEEKEND! B);):pxD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 20, 2013 at 4:56 pm
    • Kitty————Still wrong. Have a great day. :)

Builder on April 20, 2013 at 5:51 pm
    • Whoever you are, I think you are Grrrreat!!! Back at ya!xD^_^ Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 20, 2013 at 6:06 pm
    • House Counselorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr??? :D :p<3^_^Curiosity nearly killing this Kitty kat!

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 20, 2013 at 6:51 pm
    • Still…….. Nope………..Have you asked "The mouse in the corner"?

Builder on April 20, 2013 at 7:54 pm
    • Nope…I ate it! ;)

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 20, 2013 at 8:06 pm
    • :) :):):):) Now, you have no one to ask………..

Builder on April 20, 2013 at 9:09 pm
    • That was the mouse. You're still there–at least, from time to time. You aren't Watson, for he , like I, divulges his name. Your Gravatar from Intense Debate is a bunch of gobbledygook that I wouldn't call anybody nice like you: http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/debbda543a9989ffe2…. Now time for a nap… G'night Builder–MEGA DENS STILL HARD AT WORK–BLESS THEM!^_^^_^xD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 21, 2013 at 1:38 am
    • Oh Kitty you haven't ever linked your computer to the TV and get a giant screen.;):D

JudyInMich on April 21, 2013 at 2:53 pm
    • I haven't, Judy, but my Grandson and his wife have done so here on my 38" and I was unwowed….They're always trying to get us to "upgrade" since they're over a lot with our greatgranddaughter–their baby! We love that they come over a lot, of course, but our house is now very big–all Gary and I can think of is DOWNSIZING in 2-5 years. More STUFF is not what we want, though we are very grateful for what we have. We caved in a couple years ago and bought a Wii and that's fun for family and friend nights. I'm becoming more like a senior than I dress or think…. :S ;) :) <3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 21, 2013 at 3:18 pm
    • Back to you,Kitty to again say " Thank you". Hope your grandson is improving.with his eye problem. You cleared up the ? about Builder. Just love you two going back and forth! ! ;)
      Best to you and all those that help with all the questions. Much appreciated. Nan ;) <3

Nan on April 21, 2013 at 7:05 pm
    • I want to THANK YOU, NAN, for your prayers!!! Jordan, my grandson is MUCH better! The swelling is way down and he's responding to antibiotics and beginning to see again with that eye! Cellulitis around the eye is especially dangerous!!! Praise God! It was really scary– They were just here and I was so relieved to see with my own eyes how his condition had improved.:)

Now, about BUILDER~~~Only thing I believe I've cleared up is, IF Builder EVER sends me a MOUSE again, BUILDER needs to attach a bag of OLD BAY, GARLIC, REAL CREAM BUTTER, AND LEMON ZEST…, have the outdoor grill ready at BC, since I prefer the smoked grill-flavoring. and leave one of those blue coolers full of some VERY CHILLED good ole' North Carolina somethin' or other to STILL my tummy an' relax my innards… If Builder's nice, I might even share my BBQ!:p;)B)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 21, 2013 at 7:58 pm
    • Look at the few words Mary wrote at the beginning of this blog at the top of this page:

"In other news, please be sure to check the Cabin Cam at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday. Film crews are at the house shooting epsiodes of Blog Cabin; you may see someone familiar as you pan across the property (wink, wink)."

I hope that helps. ;)

AnniesOwn on April 20, 2013 at 10:58 pm
    • Good eye, Annie ! I must read more carefully. B) Bloggers are such Nice People.;) <3 Have a relaxing evening and many thanks. Nan Best to you and everyone ;) <3

Nan on April 21, 2013 at 7:10 pm
  8. Hi bloggers! hope everyone's feeling good today, me I'm a bit tired went to bed at 6:00 AM up at 9:00 AM. What mite I have been thing. I've been blogging almost every day and I've noticed that know one has had any replies to any of my blogges, and I don't have a user reputation score beside my name any longer. I hope I haven't made anyone upset, I would just feel awful!:(

WE-Z on April 20, 2013 at 1:23 pm
    • WE-Z, I'm sure that I have seen answers to some of your postings. Did you ever have that little yellow number and have lost it? I know it comes with registering and logging in thru intense debates. If you don't , you don't get that little yellow score thing. And you haven't posted anything to upset anyone, don't worry about it! ;-)

karenlin91 on April 20, 2013 at 3:00 pm
    • WE-Z, Hi! I actually saw yesterday where yo had asked me about where I was from DownEast and i responded. Windsmurf responded too, since she's from there! I gave you and her ThumbsUp! Then I came back by and got really upset, because somebody had swiped away the thumbs up that I had given to YOU AND WINDSMURF–In fact I was mad enough to post and complaint on your behalf's! Never mind they also hit me. Since I think someone doesn't care for me on the blog, I took the blame (anyone who's read my posts knows I say what I mean and mean what I say…) and told you 2 Gals how sorry I was, then later, somebody was nice enough to come by and give you another thumbs up! About the user reputation, are you registered on Intense Debate? If so, go to your page and check to see if there's some clue there? Are you registered on Intense Debate with a slightly different name, maybe? I love the name WE-Z!! It's so cute! I am CERTAIN you haven't done anything to upset a soul, Friend! There are a few of us with special ties to Maine and WE know you're there and have a special place in our <3<3<3 for each other!!! Love, Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 20, 2013 at 3:08 pm
    • WE-Z I don't think anyone on here gets upset with anyone, We are all just opinionated, eves dropping snoops with chatty fingers.

540sam on April 20, 2013 at 3:24 pm
    • Hi, I have replied back to you…don't know why you haven't gotten them….You haven't upset me….

TishaStanley on April 20, 2013 at 6:25 pm
    • Hi WE-Z….I try to read All the comments and reply to many, but when We have more than one Active Thread, it's hard to keep up with all of them.. I know I have commented to You a few times. Some of my comments don't get replies either. I don't think it's personal, they just don't have a reply. I'm trying to keep up with Everything LOL. The Voting, all Current Threads, Entering to win Cabin Comforts and check the Cottage Activities Hourly… Whew, o.0^_^…I'm Plum tuckered out o.0;)…LOL…Oh and I forgot to mention I also have daily duties catering to my kitty "Whiskers," Housework, Yard work and Then I take care of Myself ^_^ LOL… I Meet Great People and Have Great Fun…Learn Sooo much!;):):p<3
      Have a Good Evening!!:)

Jennie/Florida on April 20, 2013 at 8:33 pm
  9. I was surprised to see people working (talking on the phone) on a Saturday Afternoon. Is that normal?

Eugenia27 on April 20, 2013 at 4:29 pm
  10. Wow watched them rip down the antique dresser and make a nice cabinet sink or something to that degree! Chris, Megan and the crew are filming like crazy Andrew was also helping. Great job sooooo far;)<3<3

MaryPA on April 20, 2013 at 6:10 pm
    • Hi Mary PA ! What fun ,wish Icould have seen it too . Was not able to make it work after everyone helping me with time ect. Have a great evening. ;) <3 Best to all

Nan on April 21, 2013 at 7:25 pm