Apr 18

Bedroom Cabin Comforts

Blog Cabin 2013 Bedroom Cabin Comforts

Today begins voting for bedroom-specific Cabin Comforts. Please cast your vote and enter for a chance to win the entire gift set!

In other news, please be sure to check the Cabin Cam at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday. Film crews are at the house shooting epsiodes of Blog Cabin; you may see someone familiar as you pan across the property (wink, wink).

• Posted at 10:22 am on April 4, 2013

1. WOW I have missed a lot this morning. Hi guys. I have not been up to par today and back on bed rest but couldn't resist coming on this afternoon. This is my only fun and to take this away you might as well just shoot me now! haha I see we have another thread. wooohooo! I was looking at the cam and noticed a couple of antique dressers that they are going to put back in the house. That is soooo awesome!!! I can't wait until Saturday to watch them start filming in hopes of seeing something. haha. Hopefully the cam won't be too busy and I am able to be up and around a little more. I am so excited. This has made my day. Thanks DIY for letting us be a part of it. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on April 18, 2013 at 3:41 pm
    • Hope you feel better Rebecca, lot's going on at the BC you must get back on and help.

540sam on April 18, 2013 at 7:47 pm
    • Thanks Sam! There is so much going on right now. I can't wait for 2pm tomorrow. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on April 19, 2013 at 2:23 pm
    • Oh, Rebecca! I'm so sorry you're not feeling well! Please feel better quickly! I've been out of sorts since the bronchitis but fighting a daily migraine isn't for my worst enemy, well, especially since I have none. Seeing neurologist again on those–such a nuisance! Be sure to tune in Saturday at 2 p.m. since they will be filming then.. .. I'm about to retire for the day. Get well, dear Friend! Good night and sweet dreams of Blog Cabin Every Bloggie! ^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 18, 2013 at 9:49 pm
    • Hi Kitty, I hope you are feeling better as well. There seems to be so much going on right now. I don't want to miss it. I can't wait for tomorrow at 2pm to see if I can see anything. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on April 19, 2013 at 2:28 pm
    • Thanks, Rebecca! I have my great granddaughter with me at the moment. Her Mommy's a CNA, working on her RN Degree and at work. My grandson (daddy) has an acute eye condition, he's seen a doc-in-the-box for already, and it has gotten much worse. He needs to go to ER. I can't take him, since I don't have baby car seat. He cannot drive self due to eyes swollen shut. His wife's work refused to let her off to take him. (grrr…). So my dear, hubby, changed his late afternoon appointment and is on his way. Sigh! I am concerned, because the 1st doctor said this could turn swiftly into something more dangerous, like meningitis, so I'd appreciate prayers. I love caring for little Ruth, but a 19 month old active little girl is a bundle of energy for me, with my bad back and neuropathy… Too bad so many work situations are challenging, these days. Can't take off even for an emergency, for fear of losing a job! Life! Tomorrow's a new day! :) <3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 19, 2013 at 4:23 pm
    • Hi Kitty, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. I hope everything goes well and his eyes get better. I also wish the best for you too my dear friend. I know how hard it can be. Just to do normal everyday things are a challenge. Makes you sit and think when others complain if they only knew how lucky they really are just to be able to do a normal task like mopping a floor or picking up their grandbaby. I wish you all the best and will definately will be here blogging with you Saturday! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on April 19, 2013 at 7:20 pm
    • xD^_^<3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 19, 2013 at 8:25 pm
    • ? ? DwnSoDwnEaster, How did you find out about the filming? Would love to get that information.
      Thank you for any help. Just love seeing what is happening at the cabin. Hope you feel better Rebecca . ;) <3 Have a great day everyone Thank you DIY for this greeat Home ;) <3

Nan on April 20, 2013 at 10:53 am
    • Thanks for your concern in the last thread,wow we can start smiling again.
      Hey, sorry your under the weather, those antiques are in such good shape. It's getting down to the line, they must work 24/7 which they have been.<3 :D So much activity today wow!!! ;)

MaryPA on April 20, 2013 at 2:40 pm
  2. So sorry for the terrible tragedies this week, in Boston and Texas! My thoughts are with the families and rescuers! Just terrible! Keep those in your thoughts and prayers.

On another note, what a fun vote! I like the dipped idea on the stools! Very cool! ^_^

amberPA on April 18, 2013 at 3:50 pm
    • Hi, Amber, I am certainly keeping Boston and Texas in my prayers…if I may, though, I ask that some prayers be sent to some friends of mine here in NY…one is on life support because his son beat him with a baseball bat-he may not make it, and the other is most definitely looking at some serious prison time…she is charged with DWI, leaving the scene, vehicular manslaughter, endangerment…she is absolutely guilty, she just needs some prayers to help her get through what she's done. Thank you…

TishaStanley on April 19, 2013 at 8:38 am
    • Tisha, I am so sorry for your friends! Please know that I sure will keep them in my thoughts and prayers! I pray that both of your friends make it through their own individual heartache and tragedy. Both will have to heal wounds, hearts, and family bonds. You are a good friend to each, sending out prayer requests and concerns for them. I will also be praying for you, to keep your spirits up, and your heart looking to God. I hope this brings you some peace, it will be tough on all of you this weekend and in the time to come.

Please, keep me posted on their paths.

amberPA on April 19, 2013 at 6:34 pm
    • Thank you, Amber! I appreciate it. I will be sure to let you know how things turn out.

TishaStanley on April 19, 2013 at 7:58 pm
    • Tisha, Hi there! Hope your feeling love today. Please know that our thoughts are with you and your friends! Such a terrible situation for both of them! i can't even imagine what all of you are feeling. Just know that we all care and I am hoping for a speedy recover and much health for the gentlemen who was badly hurt by his son, and I hope for the young lady forgiveness and much understanding from everyone else involved.

Tisha, you can only be the light in their lives, for them to see the way clearly. Keep shining!^_^

amberPA on April 20, 2013 at 8:10 pm
    • Thank You, Amber!! I did feel love today, and I have been trying as best as I can to support my friends. The gentleman (Anthony) is stable but in critical condition. It is my understanding that the vent will be removed and then it's a "wait and see". I pray he survives!! As for the young lady (Megan), I haven't heard anything new. As she isn't allowed visitors or mail, I guess I'll just have to rely on the news. And keep praying for her!! In a world where forgiveness and understanding have gotten lost, that just because she made a mistake (a monumental one at that), she still has a friend. I know that I have personally told her a "million" times DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE and she did it anyway. She will have plenty of time to think about it, I just hope that she can forgive herself. Does this make sense? I will be her friend and I will continue to pray for her, that's all I can do now. Thanks for listening!!!

TishaStanley on April 20, 2013 at 10:19 pm
    • You are doing all you can at the moment, and hopefully you will be able to speak with both of them and offer your support. What a horrible, hard thing for all of you. You have my support and prayers.

karenlin91 on April 20, 2013 at 10:30 pm
    • Thank You, Karenlin, I hope so, too. As hard as it is for me, I keep thinking about the families, as well. It's a lot harder for them! Everybody makes a mistake, it's about what we learned from it that makes a difference. Thank you, again!!

TishaStanley on April 20, 2013 at 10:43 pm
    • Tisha, that's heart-wrenching! I'm so sorry for the situations unique to both your friends. Yes, They are in my prayers now. So much pain in this world! My heart is so heavy–life just seems to get more full of horrid events… So sad!:(:'(<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 19, 2013 at 8:20 pm
    • Thank you, Kitty!! I hadn't meant to bring everyone down, but I feel like we're all a family with one common goal–Our Cabin–that I knew I could ask for prayers for my friends. I worked with both of them at one time, and it is heart-wrenching, as you said. My friend who's son beat him is in critical but stable condition, and my friend who REALLY messed up her life, well, her dad won't let her have visitors or mail. That's probably just as well, as it probably came from her lawyer, for her safety. She's looking at a minimum of 20 years for the vehicular manslaughter, she's only 19. As I said, she is guilty, there is no doubt about that but it's really a shame.

TishaStanley on April 19, 2013 at 8:55 pm
  3. Hmmmm where am I going to be able to keep my paddle board, kayak, sailboard or canoe? Is it an easy launch from the beach? How is the wind?Can a Hobie cat work here? I am so hoping that a kayak is possible in this water. Can I set up a storage area near the beach for sails, paddles and life jackets? Are the currents too terrible? Water traffic? Can not wait to go for a sail!!!

Ashtabulannie on April 18, 2013 at 4:04 pm
    • I believe all are possible and currents not too bad in this area. Beach launch is the way to go here, not the pier unless they put some steps down lowe to the water. I expect you know how much fun it is to have a drop of about 4 ft from the dock into a kayak that's bobbing around a bit. :) :D

Clive on April 18, 2013 at 5:07 pm
    • Yep, especially when you are a 60+year old overweight( , 200+ lb ) old lady. Lots of laughs for sure!
      Hold that thought!!!! Clive!!!! I can hear you laughing!!!!

Ashtabulannie on April 18, 2013 at 7:00 pm
    • Ok 60+, most likely overweight but still young at heart so maybe we can take two large truck inner tubs tie them together then jump off the pier together, do you think we would get stuck in the mud?

Lettucefields on April 18, 2013 at 8:07 pm
    • Lettucefields, Love your suggestion. LARGE- Truck inner tubes! Gosh do they still make those things?? Hmm stuck in the mud???? Yep… and I know exactly which of my most abundant assets will get stuck in the mud .OUCH!!!

Ashtabulannie on April 18, 2013 at 10:08 pm
    • Hey Lettuce and Ash! How about a 3rd big jumbo truck tire tubes and a lumpy Pillsburry dough girl figured 62 year old? Would I still make the cut? I know I'm wobbly if I stand, sit, or walk too long, but water sports should be healthy. Had a bit of practice whitewater rafting in Banff Canada a few years back in March, while it was snowing, so I'm pretty tough! Whatayasay, Girls???:oB):p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 18, 2013 at 11:27 pm
    • ROTHLMAO, Come on in!!! It's a little cold and a little choppy! But the fire pit is waiting on shore with some hot toddy's and a couple of blankets! Hokiemom

Ashtabulannie on April 19, 2013 at 9:35 am
    • I am ready to join you all, another 60+ roly-poly heard from here:p. I'll bring my windsurfing boards and kayaks to the party.

Windsmurf on April 19, 2013 at 9:47 am
    • Hey the more the merrier!

Ashtabulannie on April 19, 2013 at 10:49 am
    • Whoopee…pies, that is, with toddy! Can't beat that energy, fireside! :pxD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 19, 2013 at 11:04 am
    • LOL, why do I think there will be more time spent on the sand by the fire rather than out on the water ? I would try inner tube or a standing paddleboard, even, for about 20 minutes…I would have to find Ruffybc and see if her barge would make it down the coast….I volunteer to tend the fire…
      I have not been on the blog much lately, so I hope all the bloggies are ok.

LLColeman on April 21, 2013 at 9:03 pm
    • Did you read about the shark sighting just off the pier today? YUP! I'll be a fireside keeper and tow that barge of Ruffy's. No toes in that water for me!B);):p Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 21, 2013 at 9:09 pm
    • Also, on the cabin cam, when you hover over the weather icon, the wind speed is dispayed along with other weather info. There usually is a breeze.

Windsmurf on April 19, 2013 at 3:58 pm
  4. Hi Rebecca! Hope you are feeling better soon!! Thanks so much for all the updates and going ons at the dreams can come true cabin :) Your blogs are so much fun to read!!! Take care and best wishes.

dona on April 18, 2013 at 5:26 pm
    • Hi Dona! Thank you so much for your concern. I am still having trouble moving arond and am confined to my bed but have logged on to see what is going on. I am glad you seem to like to read my posts. I love all the bedroom cabin comforts. I love just being a part of it. How have you been? I hope you and your family are well. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on April 19, 2013 at 2:22 pm
  5. After a brief look at the cabin cam, I can not do so longer; the weather there is so nice and the weather here is 4 new inches of snow and will continue snowing into tomorrow. Worse still, I had to drive more than 100 miles in the mess to make 8 pick-ups for the ReStore. Wow, am I ever tired this evening.

The BC is looking good.

DGustaf on April 18, 2013 at 7:36 pm
    • Stay safe Don. We're to your east and about 100 miles south. It's been torrential rain & wind (4 inches of rain in the last 24 hrs) until now, however, as I type the snow's coming thick and heavy here too. Not sure whether these storms will make it to the NC coast any time soon but they're headed that way. It may disrupt the planned filming this wekend if they remain as violent as they were in the Mississippi valley earlier.

Clive on April 19, 2013 at 1:19 pm
    • Clive, I think they are supposed to blow through tonight.

540sam on April 19, 2013 at 2:50 pm
    • Looks like 3 days with rain coming.

TonyE on April 19, 2013 at 7:42 pm
    • It was still snowing this morning, so I woke to 5" of packed wet snow plus a plow pile at the end of the drive, all with slush below; a heart attack waiting to happen. My truck was scheduled for seven pick-ups; I made five (one, I could not get into the drive with the truck, the other, I ran out of day) while driving more than 110 miles. I stayed safe, but I sure am glad the week is over with so I can rest.

Hope you are high, dry and well.

DGustaf on April 19, 2013 at 8:42 pm
    • Glad you are safe. What is your State? Hope you had a good cup of hot chocolate to warm you. Sure makes you dream of the warmer south. The cabin would be a wonderful retirement home.
      I'm dreaming of winning this Cabin too as are many others I know. Best to all ;) <3

Nan on April 20, 2013 at 11:06 am
    • Minnesota

DGustaf on April 20, 2013 at 1:44 pm
    • We have had gusts of wind for the last two days…it was flurrying a little today..nothing stayed–which I'm grateful for, and I'm in NY…just tired of the wind, rain, snow and cold!!!

TishaStanley on April 20, 2013 at 10:24 pm
    • Don, I hope that you will have the chance for some much needed rest this weekend. I suppose ReStore is open and you may be on duty some, but I pray you get some extra winks of genuine renewing sleep. It won't be too much longer you'll see signs of Spring and that snow will be gone for a couple seasons, at least. Then, maybe you'll win the BC and get to move to beautiful, MidAtlantic North Carolina! and almost be my neighbor! Yay–isn't that good news?! :D :D xD:p Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on April 19, 2013 at 11:17 pm
    • It is now 4-20 and MN should be enjoying lows in the 40s and highs in the 60s; today we set a new record low, 22, and are not getting above 45 for the high. All the slush from the recent storm is now rock hard and tough to navigate.

Happily I do not work on the weekend normally so I am able to rest.

Winning the BC would be great, but I'll not hold my breath; my luck isn't that good.

DGustaf on April 20, 2013 at 9:33 am
    • Don, may the Re-store angels watch over you on your rounds and pick-ups…I hope the week to come will have much better weather for you. Dry roads, too.
      I just looked at the Cabin Cam and instead of darkness, I found the beach cottage lit with outdoor lighting. xD

LLColeman on April 21, 2013 at 8:56 pm
  6. Cabin Comforts by the Sea !!! Perfect colors, shapes and scents :)

mkro19 on April 18, 2013 at 9:16 pm
    • It doesn't get any better than this! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on April 19, 2013 at 7:21 pm
  7. I would love a fake fur throw. Mink or cheetah would be my personal choice but the knit garnet is certainly lovely.

Ashtabulannie on April 18, 2013 at 10:11 pm
  8. Good Morning BC! Happy Friday! I got very little done at home yesterday, because I watched the Cabin Cam frequently. I won't be home as much today I hope I don't miss to much excitement! I like the new selections, but wished there was a none fruit scent in the candles. I look forward to Saturday!!!! Have a blessed day Bloggers!

rsl73 on April 19, 2013 at 5:44 am
  9. Continuing to keep those in Boston and those in West, Texas in mu thoughts and prayers. Being part of the "blog family" has brought excitement and joy. Thank you fellow bloggers, and especially all of those at DIY! <3

bythebaydreamer on April 19, 2013 at 7:59 am
  10. Morning bloggers! My thoughts are with all in Boston and Texas, terrible tragedies. I love the new selections,I voted but haven't looked to see what ones are the front runners. All great choices,thank you Mary for the wonderful things you've done.^_^ Have a great day everyone!;)

WE-Z on April 19, 2013 at 8:00 am