Mar 18

The Bones of Blog Cabin 2013

Last week, we launched several new features that capture different aspects of the Blog Cabin remodeling process. We focus on reframing of the home and original buidling materials that will be incorporated into DIY projects and decorative accents. And wait till you see this video! We follow the evolution of the home in a series of 3-D graphics. You’ll see the original one-room cabin morph into a two-story home, crumble to the ground in a series of demolitions and rise again in its beautifully remodeled shape and floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 3:39 pm on March 3, 2013

1. Wonderful video, enjoyed the history and look forward to the finished home!

rsl73 on March 20, 2013 at 1:23 pm
    • DItto!!! <3< Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:01 am
  2. OK! Where did spring go???

It was 9F this morning as we sent the kids out to catch the school bus. Hardly a day this month above freezing and no nights. Looks like we'll not see daytime temps much above frezing until at least a week after Easter. If I could get my hands on that groundhog right now he would be hotpot. :@

So good to see the warmer weather in NC where I will be in 10 days. I'll be nowhere near the coast but up in the Mts catching (hopefully) some tasty trout. :p It'sgoing to be warmer than winter-locked WI (I hope).;)

Clive on March 20, 2013 at 2:00 pm
    • I wish I knew, Clive!!! LOL…It was supposed to be nice, sunny,….NOT!!! We just keep getting snow…..Have fun on your trip! :)

TishaStanley on March 20, 2013 at 3:04 pm
    • Clive, I hope you have a great trip! Hopefully it will be spring up in the mountains of NC when you get there. Have fun, be safe! Becky:)<3

bythebaydreamer on March 20, 2013 at 3:42 pm
    • Hi Clive So glad You're back, We have missed your good Humor and great Comments!!! I'm so sorry the Ground Hog was totally wrong…Bad, Bad Boy!! Today is the first Day of Spring… We had 83 Yesterday
      but it is 74 today, Go figure!!! We had some really bad electrical storms around noon that lasted a couple of Hours, now has calmed down until the next round…Cold weather for tonight that's like 47 and cooler tomorrow low 70s!! Here We go again! I really feel bad for All of you who have had so much Snow and frigid weather with little relief this Winter!!
      Clive, you're going to NC and can't take just a "little Jog" to the East Coast to get a peek at Our little Cottage? I would be so disappointed to get that close and not be able to see what's going on with my on eyes!! o.0:p…Are you going to Black Mountain to fish??Good fishing in those streams..I love to fish, We Bass fish down here but all fishing is so exciting to me and I can't tell you how many fish I've lost due to all my excitement! Bummer!!:$B)
      A lot has been happening around the Cottage, one Porch post is covered and looks really good but don't understand why they are waiting so long to finish with the siding on the second floor…Lot of cutting and cleaning around the yard by the water and the dock looks good, but I have a few questions about the Dock, but will save it for another time…Welcome back!!!:):pB)

Jennie/Florida on March 20, 2013 at 3:59 pm
    • Jennie, I think the one porch post is just to give us a hint on how it's going to look. ;-) When they did the siding under the porch roof, they didn't finish the last little bit until they knew which roof they were doing. I think they must be waiting on the top until they do the roof on the balcony, and somewhere I think I remember that the siding would wait until the balcony floor was done. Just a guess, but I think it's so they can tie the siding in with the rest. ;-)

karenlin91 on March 21, 2013 at 6:43 am
    • Good Morning Karen, Thank you for bringing that to my attention about the siding and flooring on the second floor…I see Now how the two will have to work together…The siding runs all the way down to the deck floor..and they have to work from the bottom up to the top ..I really never noticed that before..They have been prep-ing the deck floor for quite some time now….I guess water proofing it???
      Yes I know…they just gave us a little sample of how the porch post are going to look o.0:) but you
      know how We are, We just want More, More, More and Can't get enough:p;)<3 Have A Great Day!!!:p<3B)

Jennie/Florida on March 21, 2013 at 10:03 am
    • Clive, hate to tell you this, but our mesquites are budding out which means no more freezes here. We didn't have any winter weather to speak of and that is so not good. We've been battling summer bugs all winter now – and that is so very not good. It's midnight here and 54'. I wouldn't know how to deal with 9'.
      Boil the first goundhog you see, he's not our friend either, he lied as far as we are concerned.
      Happy trout fishing, wish I could be there, too. Love, love, love fresh trout in the castiron skillet.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on March 21, 2013 at 1:08 am
    • Hi Clive!! It hasn't been too bad in DC. It has been in the low 50s and now low 40s. Spring is right around the corner. Much Love!!! <3<3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:00 am
    • Welcome back Clive! And I'm hoping you have warmer weather for fishing, 9F is just brutal!

karenlin91 on March 21, 2013 at 6:45 am
    • It looks like they may have to retire that groundhog! I am in northern Florida and our temperatures are very similar to the BC temps, so I can't complain about weather, except for storms. Fortunately our area rarely gets them, and fortunately the BC has survived through them as well. Being a Carolina native who has also lived in Wisconsin, I can only say that it is warmer, even in the mountains, but home is where the heart is. My heart is always going to be in Carolina where all my children and grandchildren are, so any chance I could get to visit or live there, I'd jump on it! I'll say a prayer for spring for you all–in the mountains, it's usually cold at night even up through mid-May…

BrookwoodCarolina on March 21, 2013 at 12:20 pm
    • Hi Brook, I Love Love Love the Mountains of North Carolina and have traveled Many of those roads during the Fall Seasons…I am from Alabama originally but have been in Florida since my very young years and kinda got stuck here..Don't get me wrong, I like Florida in many ways but Love the Four Seasons and the Beauty North Carolina has to offer year round, Especially in the Fall…All my Family is here in Florida, so if I were to win the Cottage, We would have to make some Really Big decisions!!!:pB)

Jennie/Florida on March 21, 2013 at 1:16 pm
  3. Jennie, I agree with you…there is alot of work going on at the cabin, but why is only one post done? They have been working on the roof of the second floor…I guess I just would really like to know why it's taking sooooo looonggg??? I know. it takes a while for these things to get done, but I guess that I'm really starting to get impatient….UUUUGGGGHHH!

Sorry, about that…

Tisha

TishaStanley on March 20, 2013 at 4:04 pm
    • Hi Tisha, I realize it takes time for all these things to happen, but I'm thinking the Second floor Siding would have been on by now! There seems to be a lot of prep work for the Balcony flooring area, before the deck can be installed and for the French Doors to be installed, but the siding has nothing to do with the flooring, as far as I can see, I wouldn't think!!! I guess we're just a "little" impatient and anxious to see the end results!:p The Crew is working steady Everyday and I think the last few days they have been installing the Vaulted ceiling on the Porch that won the People's Choice… Can't wait to see that!!
      I wonder if the Cabinets have been delivered yet and the Flooring and Light fixtures.I think those would be installed first, especially the flooring…I wonder if we will get to see them delivered.or if they will deliver those when the Camera Cam is stuck on The Panorama view?? I can't wait to see what is done with the Dock, the Landscaping waterside and the Outside Patio area…Just want to see it All..Guess all We can do is wait and be a little more Patient and take it as it comes!!!:p:) Have a Good Evening Tisha!!

Jennie/Florida on March 20, 2013 at 5:30 pm
    • The siding will go on before the decking, but we still need to have all the doors installed first. The upper french doors were on site with the rest of the doors and windows but sometimes these things get measured wrong or a change is needed that makes them the wrong size so a new one must be ordered. There were changes made to the roof above the second floor deck but that generally would not change a door opening below it. We'll find out soon enough.

Ishmael on March 22, 2013 at 4:04 am
    • Hi Tisha. They are working hard and doing most of it out of sight. It does feed the curiousity. I am so curious and I can't wait to see the inside it's killing me! haha I love DIY and when they finish it will be the most beautiful thing you have ever seen! Much Love!! <3<3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 5:48 am
  4. DIY Blog Cabin can you add a library? :)

ladybyrd on March 20, 2013 at 5:36 pm
    • Not to be impetuous, but,,,,yes, did you!!!!!!!! Vitally important!

pickadillymonk on March 24, 2013 at 11:23 pm
  5. There was a beautiful sunset at the Cabin, tonight, but we had one here, at home, as well. If I had a way to put the pictures on here to share with all of you, I would. Have a great evening, everyone. Talk with you tomorrow.

Tisha

TishaStanley on March 20, 2013 at 7:38 pm
    • Good morning Tisha! You are so right the sunsets at the BC are just amazing. I am hoping to see the sunrise this morning. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 5:44 am
  6. awesome story! What serene setting.

jill w on March 20, 2013 at 9:48 pm
    • This property is like paradise! I have fell in love with it like all of the bloggers have! Much Love!! <3<3<3<3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 5:43 am
  7. Somebody left a light on in the cabin…

Mimitheminer on March 21, 2013 at 5:11 am
    • Good morning! I noticed the same thing. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 5:41 am
  8. Good morning guys! It is still way to dark for the us to see the cam and things going on, shucks!! It is just showing the BC and it seems to have lights on in the house. Everything else is dark. Maybe I will get to see a beautiful sunrise this morning. I hope they will be doing somethings in sight today. I would love to see them working on the dock some more and maybe show us some more things. It makes me so curious when they are out of site. I can't wait for the episodes to start. I want to see inside so bad! Where are all my buddies this morning???? Clive, Kitty, Jennie, Becky, etc… It's time to wakey wakey guys. Time to make the coffee and donuts!!! haha Much Love!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 5:40 am
    • Good morning Rebecca and Mimi! I was surprised and thrilled to see the light on the cabin, something to see before trying to catch sunrise;-) I noticed them working around the electrical poles yesterday, this must mean they have electrical done, or mostly done anyway. ;-)

karenlin91 on March 21, 2013 at 6:51 am
    • Morning Rebecca, I saw the light on also, it looked like it was maybe in the kitchen area.

540sam on March 21, 2013 at 7:12 am
    • I couldn't really tell where the light was coming from but it was nice to see. It just shows they are working early and late hours and we are going to have this BC done before no time! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 12:39 pm
    • Good morning Rebecca! It was great seeing lights on in the cabin. I hope we get to see inside soon. Perhaps they will take our suggestions for an inside cabin cam. That would be great! I just love this cabin.:D Judy

JudyInMich on March 21, 2013 at 8:10 am
    • Hi Judy!!! I know this is the most beautiful place. I fell in love with it from day one even before they started rebuilding. It just reminded me so much of my Granny! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 12:41 pm
  9. This crew is really dedicated! There is almost always one guy there at 7, today there are 4 guys there already! Long day for them, but they've been really doing a lot!

karenlin91 on March 21, 2013 at 7:08 am
    • Hi Karen, I agree! They are such a hard working company. It is nice to see them working hard day in and day out. I wish we could see more of what goes on outside of the cam but that is what will be so great about when it hit the DIY Network! I can't wait!!! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 12:43 pm
  10. ? <DIV>Neither can I! I hope they remember how we've begged for a camera inside too.</DIV> <DIV style=”FONT: 10pt arial”>

karenlin91 on March 21, 2013 at 7:18 am
    • I don't know if they will do that it might dip into their ratings of the shows to be aired. I would love to see everything but I can wait for the episodes to air. I am dying to see the inside but what do they say curiousity killed the cat! haha I love watching the DIY network so I can wait to see it. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 12:36 pm