Mar 18

The Bones of Blog Cabin 2013

Last week, we launched several new features that capture different aspects of the Blog Cabin remodeling process. We focus on reframing of the home and original buidling materials that will be incorporated into DIY projects and decorative accents. And wait till you see this video! We follow the evolution of the home in a series of 3-D graphics. You’ll see the original one-room cabin morph into a two-story home, crumble to the ground in a series of demolitions and rise again in its beautifully remodeled shape and floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 3:39 pm on March 3, 2013

1. Video how cool. Wanted to watch it over and over-each time you notice something new. The family how very precious they are. DIY and others you done something special for us. It seems we can"t get enough of this bc home. If the Lord has plans me and my family to live there and stay for generations number one and hopefully it shall find generation number2. The home is just the right size for us-not to big not to small. Looking forward to living and becoming part of Atlantic. And my grandbabies were born Saturday. 24 weeks. Madden is doing good for everything concerned but little Matty has got a long hard struggle but she is strong and hanging on. Please keep my babies in your thoughts and prayers. As always good luck to everyone

bogartandbacall on March 19, 2013 at 7:34 pm
    • :) :) Dear Bogartandbacall, I' so glad you posted news on your new preemie twin Grandbabies! I have been lifting them and your Family up to the lord since you told me about the Babies wanting to come really early. I was praying for them today and just got on the blog and was searching for an entry with news from you! May God touch little Matty especially, strengthen her tiny lungs, her reflexes, heartbeat, eyes and vision, ability to eat and digest, to suckle and eliminate properly. May she be a little fighter who works hard at overcoming, and reaches out hard, to keep her breathing bronchioles open and functioning properly. I pray the same continue working strongly for Madden as he has already demonstrated, and I claim for him the energy and proper functioning of his tiny body and all organs to continue to grow in a healthy manner so that he will become a god and honorable man someday who knows and loves his Family and Maker. The same I pray also for Matty, that there be no residuary difficulty with senses and organs and neuromuscular or osteosystems, that Matty will surprise her Family by the Joy that her life will bring and the great Blessing that her Life is and will be to all who know her and know of her. This I pray for the PREEMIE TWIN BABIES–and I pray for their Parents, Grandparents and loved ones to proceed with courage, gratitude and strength, leaning upon You, so the Twins will have wonderful role models to look up to. This I pray in the powerful Name above ALL Names, Jesus, according to your miraculous move and purpose!^_^<3<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 19, 2013 at 9:43 pm
    • Congratulations on your twin grandbabies! I used to have a daycare in my home, and had several kids who had started out as premies, and one little girl who was still on oxygen because her lungs were weak from the machines they used to help her breathe earlier. They ALL ended up as strong, healthy kids, and a mom who was also a nurse told me that premies are fighters! My heart goes out to you, because it's scary, but it sounds like she is a little fighter!

karenlin91 on March 19, 2013 at 11:26 pm
    • B&B, all my prayers are with your babies.

Wind Chime Girl on March 20, 2013 at 12:54 am
    • Hi, bogartandbacall, I, too, have your twin grandbabies in my prayers! My youngest daughter was a preemie, and today, you would never know that to look at her!. They will catch up, even if they started out too early. Keep the Faith, God has great plans for them!

Tisha

TishaStanley on March 20, 2013 at 7:08 am
    • Hi bogartandbacall! My prayers go out to your family and new grandbabies! Congrats!!! Best of luck for the house! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:40 am
    • Hi bogartandbacall! Congratulations on your new grandbabies! Two girls? They have made so many advancements in neo-natal care now and I would hope that little Miss Matty will be just fine, as healthy as Madden. From what I have known of twins, one is usually bigger at birth but both are similar in size as adults. I had a friend who worked with me at social services who was so small that they put her in a shoe box by the wood stove. My own family used a drawer from the dresser when no cradle or baby bed was available. Think about how different things are now. From your tag line ID, I assume you are probably close to my age, and so I know you have seen these things yourself. Just hold on. Enjoy them. They're the reason we're here. Family. Much luck to you. You and your little grandbabies are in my prayers.

BrookwoodCarolina on March 21, 2013 at 8:31 pm
    • thank you everyone I am a late baby boomer but I enjoy film noir, 50s-60s music and old styles the way they use to dress,dance. My babies are a boy and girl. Matty weighed 1lb.3 oz. and Madden weighed 1lb.6 ozs. Both 11 1/2 inches tall. they are precios and beauiful. I see angels aaround them watching over them. As I said earlier they are both eating. and hopefully gain weigh and Matty not need any more blood. Yes you are right in what they can do now and it is wonderful. Good Luck to everyone on the bc home

bogartandbacall on March 22, 2013 at 6:14 pm
    • I'm so happy to hear more news on your Grandbabies! Am continuing to pray! I'm with you on the oldies and goodies! I wish you good luck on the BC too!^_^<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 24, 2013 at 9:24 pm
    • Your story really touches me. I will definitely be praying for your grandchildren. My daughter was born at 27 weeks, weighing just 2 lbs. She stayed the first 3 months of her life in the hospital and was released on her original due date weighing exactly 5 lbs then. She is now almost 8 years old, so hang in there sweetheart. Miracles really do happen! I will be praying every night for your family and may god bless you all.

melindahooks on March 30, 2013 at 4:57 pm
  2. Hi guys! I was just looking at the cam and there is such an amazing sunset! I truly envy the people that live on water front properties. Such a beautiful picture! Much Love!! <3<3<3

Rebecca on March 19, 2013 at 7:40 pm
    • Rebecca, I saw the amazing sunset!!! Glad you were there to "share" it!

TishaStanley on March 20, 2013 at 7:10 am
    • Waiting on the sunset now! :) Hope to see you there! haha Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 7:14 am
  3. Hi To All, just got home from an all day Outing with friends. The weather was so nice with temps. in the mid 80's and breezy. We had lunch on the Carnival Cruise Ship.. Fun Day but I missed Everything that happened at the Cottage…Bummer! I just took a peek when I got home and all the machinery is gone, What happened with that? Are they finished with the Big Toys!! :p The Crew cleaned up good and maybe getting ready to do the porch floor and finish post, the Second floor balcony, Maybe? or will they save the porch for last after all the heavy duty inside work is finished to save wear the newly installed Deck flooring? We shall see what comes next!! Can't wait!!!

In case you didn't read my post above, I mentioned Laurie's name when I thanked Mary for the Video..That is because Laurie March Narrated the Video…Remodel Manager/House Counselor…I thought She did a Great job…If you click on Open Menu in the Video above you will see her name…Just thought you would like to know!!! :p<3

Jennie/Florida on March 19, 2013 at 7:59 pm
    • Hey Jennie, Lunch on a cruise ship sounds perfect! I think they've been working on the porch roof most of the day today, they had gotten to the pretty new post last time I checked. The backhoe is parked up to the right of the dock, they were up there cleaning out the drainage, there's a post from Builder somewhere. Don't know where the other big toy is ;-) You would have loved to see them dumping dirt on some of the ruts and filling them in earlier in the day ;-)
      You had told me before that Alicia had blogged with youall earlier, so I went back and looked for her. Luckily she had registered and I could go and read her posts. Now I know why you were talking about pecan trees and hydrangaes and MUSCADINES! It was cool to read her posts, especially after seeing the new video!

karenlin91 on March 19, 2013 at 8:39 pm
    • Hi Karen, couldn't you tell by reading Alicia's comments that she's a really Sweet Person and she
      was so kind to Blog with us and share so many things about the Cottage and Property…The last time I blogged with her, she was teaching over Seas, I can't remember where at the moment ..I know the time Zone was way off for her…I would love to here from Her again and would like to know if She has gotten a chance to see the Transformation the Crew has made at the Cottage and what does she think so far…Maybe we will here from her again soon!! That would be great!!
      Well I have to tell you, Lunch was Fabulous and weather couldn't have been better and my friends I grew up with were from out of town and they are on a Cruise and called to say they were Docking for the day because they were going to get to see the Rocket lifting off at the Air Force Base and ask me to join them..Can't remember the name of this rocket but will find out..They were so excited to see it first hand and feel the ground rumble as it takes off into Space…It is very exciting and with each One I have seen lift off, I hold my breath until it get into the second stage because that's when We know it has reached the Outer Atmosphere and is safe for its journey to the Skylab Spacecraft in Outer Space!! Very Exciting STUFF!! :p:)B) Talk at you tomorrow!!!:p<3B)

Jennie/Florida on March 19, 2013 at 11:29 pm
    • Yes Jennie, Alicia has to be sweet and kind to share so much about the property, I am so glad I went to read her posts. They just added a lot more to the history we have seen of the cabin. She mentioned teaching in Korea, so way overseas ;-) I too hope she comes back to the blog and that she approves of the way things have changed.

karenlin91 on March 21, 2013 at 7:00 am
    • Hi Jennie! You are always so helpful! I am interested in the builders, landscapers, interior decorators, and also in the team of folks who are keeping us all on top of things, even though they are often unknown. Thanks to you, we know a bit more about them also.

Did you notice they have covered a big machine with branches today? I am curious. Hope they haven't had any thefts at this lovely place. I imagine it was to prevent us from wondering why they left the "big toys"?

BrookwoodCarolina on March 20, 2013 at 11:52 am
    • Hi Brook, I didn't see them cover the big toy LOL.. It's hard to hide one of those big "toys" from us!
      I Wonder why they would do that in the middle of the day? MMmmmm…Go figure!!
      It would really be Sad if Someone was trespassing on the Property at night and taking things, maybe Diy should install a Security light w/alarm to protect the Property and Cottage. No one can drive in with the gate there, so They would have to walk on…I hope that's not the case!

I just hope the Guy that was clearing out the Shrubs by the Dock was careful not to cut down the Persimmon Trees and the Fruit-bearing bushes out there!! Oh No, He wouldn't do that:(
      I hope You are having a good day! Talk at You later!!!:p<3B) Got to go check on the covered Toy!:p

Jennie/Florida on March 20, 2013 at 12:49 pm
    • Jennie –

<3<3<3

Thanks for the shout out! I so loved the chance to tell you a little bit about this special family and property. Stay tuned for more!

xo.

Laurie

Laurie_March on March 26, 2013 at 12:30 am
  4. Mary was that you speaking on the video? Loved it. :)
    Windee :)

Windee :) on March 19, 2013 at 8:56 pm
    • Hi Windee, that was Laurie March–Remodel Manager/House Counselor..Remember she Blogged with us on a few threads back??She is the second one to leave us a sign on the Grape Vine:)

Jennie/Florida on March 19, 2013 at 10:17 pm
    • OOPS…She was the Second person to leave us a sign on the Grape Vine…

Jennie/Florida on March 19, 2013 at 10:25 pm
  5. o.0B)

Jennie/Florida on March 19, 2013 at 10:32 pm
  6. It looks like home. Now and always. Can't wait to see the finished transformation.

funfordot on March 19, 2013 at 11:23 pm
  7. Thank you for the cabin history which gives us a good perspective on the forces that drove the evolution of the cabin. The creativity of all of the folks involved is key to it's completeness and clarity. Thanks to all.

YankeeNuke on March 20, 2013 at 2:15 am
    • Hi YankeeNuke, the video is wonderful! They did such a wonderful job with the research of the history of the home. The 3D video really makes it comes alive. Starting from the history to the new beginning! How wonderful! I love it!! Much Love!!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:45 am
    • I think that it is one of the best “background” stories on any of the re-model type projects that they have done. It will be fun to continue to watch the progress as the cabin gets its new life from the build team.From: notifications@intensedebatemail.comTo: frankrh77@live.comSubject: Rebecca replied to your comment on The Bones of Blog Cabin 2013

YankeeNuke on March 21, 2013 at 1:00 pm
  8. This squeaky wheel has finally been heard….since 2011 Blog Cabin, I as well as several other bloggers, have asked for someone to handle more blog questions and share historic information (knowing that Mary was having to handle increasing projects for HGTV giveaway homes as well as Blog Cabin…hallelujah–we now have Laurie on board to assist Mary !
    Secondly, I kept begging to see photos of the family who had built the house in Mathews, VA when it was remodeled as BC 2011, and to hear more stories. If family members had not shared info on the 2011 blogs, we would have never have known a quarter of the rich history of the property and people there. It does so much justice to the former owners to have understanding of their history and old photos ! Very thankful for this current video and Robinson photos and stories! Merci and gracias… <3 xD

LLColeman on March 20, 2013 at 3:54 am
    • BINGO! HOORAY! THANKS! EXACTLY! WE DID BEG! DIY CAME THRU! GREAT JOB!^_^:p:*<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 20, 2013 at 5:01 pm
    • This is indeed a forever home with the brilliance of the engineers chosen, the builders with their hand picked knowledgeable workers blending their ideas with the people organizing the theme and purpose of this wonderful gift of a home. I thoroughly enjoy reading and watching the videos every day and it gets harder to wait for more information as time goes on, don't you think? We are like children as hard it is to wait to open presents. I am sure that as with all productions so far, our senses will titilated and we will smile as we see the mistakes WE made in our imaginations and the professionalism and perfection of the HGTV workers. I think this is better than preparing for an "Olympics Game Site' honestly because it has such a personal nature

pickadillymonk on March 24, 2013 at 11:22 pm
    • Interesting and very apt analogy, Pickadillymonk! Yes, we do get quite blubbery-mouthed here at times! It isn't hard to get very invested in the project–and also to become a caring part of other Bloggies' lives. I have, in the near-2 years since I have actually posted (I lurked an entire year as a chicken–terrified of social networking–can you believe it???) I can tell you I have agonized with, cried over, worried about, laughed along, giggled around and outright roared over hilarious posts. I believe that I have made lifelong friends here. My heart really cares for names and pseudonames here–I even bring some up in conversations with my hubby, like, so and so is having a rough time after surgery. Or, One of my Bloggie friends who lives near xyz has been out of work for 123 and it breaks my heart! To me, Folks here are no longer a bunch of Bloggers or DIY Personnel! ALL have become real People to me who matter, whose thoughts are valid, whose ideas count. So when we get all gushy over something DIY does for the Blog Cabin–it becomes just as important to me as jumping in a fresh puddle after an afternoon downpour–what kid doesn't LOVE THAT??? xD:p;)<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 25, 2013 at 6:00 pm
    • Thanks LLColeman!

I wish I could be here every single day, enjoying all of your good vibes. You guys are amazing!

Laurie_March on March 26, 2013 at 12:31 am
  9. Good morning, Everyone!! It looks like it's another glorious day at BC…the crew is already hard at work…Can't wait to see what there is today!

Tisha

TishaStanley on March 20, 2013 at 7:20 am
    • I think there is more being done out of site :( . I am so curious and can't wait to see the inside. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:46 am
  10. I see mother nature was up this morning with her palette painting yet another beautifull sunrise.

540sam on March 20, 2013 at 7:24 am
    • Hi 540sam, yes the property is just beautiful. It has so much nature and not to mention the water and seeing the see gulls! I am just in love with this home as all the bloggers are!! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:49 am
    • It would be amazing to wake up to every morning, that's for sure!

melindahooks on March 30, 2013 at 4:59 pm