Mar 18

The Bones of Blog Cabin 2013

Last week, we launched several new features that capture different aspects of the Blog Cabin remodeling process. We focus on reframing of the home and original buidling materials that will be incorporated into DIY projects and decorative accents. And wait till you see this video! We follow the evolution of the home in a series of 3-D graphics. You’ll see the original one-room cabin morph into a two-story home, crumble to the ground in a series of demolitions and rise again in its beautifully remodeled shape and floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 3:39 pm on March 3, 2013

1. I just watched the WONDERFUL presentation again–lost count now…:) I suddenly was reminded that, way back when, during the American Revolutionary times, some of my ancestors were ROBINSONS . They lived at Cape Cod. I couldn't help but wonder though, if there wasn't any long back relation to this NC Robinson Family Line…. How beautiful to see them grow and their home grow too, as I imagine my Robinsons grew in MA. FAMILY– That's what Life is about! Just want to say, I really love our little/big Bloggie Family too! Thanks, DIY and Scripps–UH, I've gotta' ask, though, are you our Mom & Dad? :p^_^ Kitty :D

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 19, 2013 at 12:01 pm
    • Hi Kitty! The DIY team did an amazing job with their research and creation of this 3D video. What a nice way to preserve the history for the new owner. They can start adding to the history and also adding their own new traditions!! Best of Luck!! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:29 am
  2. Fantastic video, well presented and very informative, enjoyed emencely Thank you Mary well done the historyof this place was something very interesting.

margaret on March 19, 2013 at 12:11 pm
    • Hi Margaret! I agree, great job from the DIY Team!! What research and dedication to their project!! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:30 am
  3. I see the little supervisor (black dog) is on site today.

vicki_in_Utah on March 19, 2013 at 12:21 pm
    • Vicki, please give updates on "our pup", I won't be able to get here for several days now, but I hope to check in momentarily as time allows, thanks in advance.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on March 20, 2013 at 12:41 am
    • Hi Vicki!! I missed the puppy :( . Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:31 am
    • Hi vicki_in_Utah! Sooooo you have wondered about him too? I thought he might belong to one of the foremen on the construction crew. There is an old saying about a black dog, being the companion that leads you to the great beyond… or something like that… anyway, he acts like he owns the place and is supervising it himself. When I see him, I think of my own big white dog sitting right there! Today there isn't a dog around, but lots of workers, and they have put in the french doors upstairs and the mud room door is waiting to go in next. Can't wait to see—

BrookwoodCarolina on March 21, 2013 at 12:25 pm
  4. Good Morning Guys!!! I am so excited with this new thread. The 3D graphic foot print designing and history was just amazing to watch. Good Job!! I have also been looking at the pictures and what some of the items will be reused for. If you know me you could already guess what my favorite item to be reused is going to be. haha It is the water pump! To have it actually work and not have to pump it is great. What is really nice is that it is not just a yard ornament but an actually working fixture! Just AMAZING!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS HOME!! GREAT JOB TO ALL WHO ARE MAKING IT HAPPEN!! I was trying to look around on the cam but it seems to be stuck on panning :( . I am sure it will be up soon. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 19, 2013 at 1:03 pm
  5. I have a special wish for this BC. In watching the 3D video which was just amazing really makes you think. This message goes out to the winner. I hope that you will be able to keep this amazing BC I call paradise. I would love to see a new tradition take place with the new owner. I hope that they will be able to keep it and pass it down from generations to generations. That is what home and family is all about! Best of Luck to each and every one of you! Much Love!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Rebecca on March 19, 2013 at 1:32 pm
    • Hi Rebecca! I love your hearts… I don't have those little jewels but I do feel the love when I read the bloggers' messages, just like yours. I wish that someone who really intends to move into the BC will be this year's winner. I know that people are having tough times, and some people see a win as a way to clear their own personal debts and stay in the home they already love, so I do understand the reason why people would sell the homes they win. It's just that with so many of us really intending to move there if we win, and keep the love that has built this home, and pass it down to our children and grandchildren, it is almost hard to be happy for the winner who will simply sell it. But in my heart I know that whoever wins this wonderful piece of paradise truly will be one of the luckiest people alive, and I will be happy for whoever is the fortunate one! Just keeping my fingers crossed for a keeper…

BrookwoodCarolina on March 23, 2013 at 12:30 am
    • Good Luck Brookwood! <3<3

Rebecca on March 23, 2013 at 1:06 pm
  6. What an AMAZING video!!! I loved the 3-D presentation mixed with the history of the cottage and her previous family, and the live view of Core Sound. The Robinson's were truly blessed with a home that grew through many additions and withstood years of weather! The new home is absolutely gorgeous, and someone is going to be very, very lucky and super blessed this fall. Of course I hope I could be so lucky, but I am also very excited and hopeful for so many of my favorite bloggers sharing the same dream! ^_^

DIY, thank you for allowing us to be a part of this transformation, for allowing us an avenue to communicate, and for putting together such a fabulous team to make it all happen! May you all be blessed! ^_^:)<3

Shelly313 on March 19, 2013 at 2:14 pm
    • Hi Shelly, I agree, the video is just so amazing! I can't stop watching it. It is so well made. Great research by the DIY Team!! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:33 am
  7. Looks like a perfect place for a retired couple!

grswla on March 19, 2013 at 3:07 pm
    • :) -for any couple, family, or single!!!

Lia_M on March 19, 2013 at 7:22 pm
    • I get you Lia, one of my 3 best friends is a single gal. And I'm all for ya. (I've been there)
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on March 21, 2013 at 12:45 am
    • grswla, you read my mind.:D

540sam on March 20, 2013 at 4:30 am
    • Hi grswla, I agree!! I think all of the bloggers feel exactly the same way. Such a beautiful place to live!! Best of luck to you. Much Love!!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:35 am
    • Or a family of 6!! :)

melindahooks on March 30, 2013 at 4:51 pm
  8. Thanks, Mary. A really, really informative video. Since we could pretty much pick out where the additions were, it is really nice to see in what order they were added as the family grew.

Dghawk4 on March 19, 2013 at 3:43 pm
    • Hi Dghawk4! I agree the DIY team did and amazing job. I can't stop watching the video. Best of luck to you! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:36 am
  9. Okay, does anyone have any idea what they are doing with the backhoe out by the dock? I finally got my husband hooked too, and he can't guess (but he did tell me what to call it, besides big yellow thing;-)
    I think the video was the final hook that got him into it. Awesome video!

karenlin91 on March 19, 2013 at 5:36 pm
    • karenlin91, I got my husband hooked with my mention of the skytrack, but mention backhoe and we are both hooked. Too bad neither of us has much time to check out things during the day. Please, keep us posted so we can keep up in the evening
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on March 20, 2013 at 12:47 am
    • Hi karenlin91! I was curious also–knowing the coast fairly well, I honestly thought they would put in a "French drain" in that little ditch–it's obviously been serving a purpose to channel floodwaters away from the main property. But I guess I could be over thinking this again? It certainly Looks Nice, but sometimes we also need to be practical with such mighty forces of wind, sun, and water :=). I will be interested to see how others are thinking along these lines!

BrookwoodCarolina on March 20, 2013 at 11:49 am
  10. All the old dock sections have been taken apart today, and the drainage ditch by the new dock is being cleaned. Should no longer see standing water to the left of the dock, whenever it rains.

Builder on March 19, 2013 at 5:37 pm
    • Builder, I had just gone back to look around more and was guessing that maybe that was what they were doing. Lo and behold here you were, and now it's not a guess. You are SO great for letting us know what's going on. Thank you again!

karenlin91 on March 19, 2013 at 5:48 pm
    • Builder, thank you for your posts. I wish I could see what you refer to. I'll rely on Chris, I hope

Wind Chime Girl on March 20, 2013 at 12:49 am
    • Builder, do you have any idea if they are going to address the problem on the right side of the dock where the storm has cut a channel up against the pilings, which is what I suspect caused the right side of the dock to sag and fail previously?

540sam on March 20, 2013 at 4:42 am