Mar 18

The Bones of Blog Cabin 2013

Last week, we launched several new features that capture different aspects of the Blog Cabin remodeling process. We focus on reframing of the home and original buidling materials that will be incorporated into DIY projects and decorative accents. And wait till you see this video! We follow the evolution of the home in a series of 3-D graphics. You’ll see the original one-room cabin morph into a two-story home, crumble to the ground in a series of demolitions and rise again in its beautifully remodeled shape and floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 3:39 pm on March 3, 2013

1. Good morning, everyone! Another beautiful day–of course it's snowing, here in NY, but still beautiful. "Our" little cabin has come to "life" with the great history behind it, and the DIY team that has great vision, to bring it back to life. This has been so amazing!!!

Tisha

TishaStanley on March 19, 2013 at 8:03 am
    • I loved this video too, especially the history! Definitely amazing!!! Sorry to hear it is still snowing there, bummer! Hope the snow gives way to Spring for you real soon!!! :)

Shelly313 on March 19, 2013 at 2:17 pm
    • Hi, Shelly, the snow finally stopped…been snowing since yesterday, and I am waiting (impatiently) for spring to get here. I've had trouble with my posts today, too. For some reason I keep having to put in my name and email…not sure why that is, either, but it is annoying!!!

Tisha

TishaStanley on March 19, 2013 at 2:42 pm
  2. Thank you Mary for this wonderful visual, showing not only the transformation of the cottage from the start, but sharing the experience of life that this family who I am sure shed blood, sweat and tears in their years of building and living there along with much laughter and joy of life itself. Great presentation!

Heading South on March 19, 2013 at 8:34 am
  3. This is going to be another Lovely Home by HGTV!! WooHoo!!

Nikriv04 on March 19, 2013 at 9:10 am
  4. Lovely presentation! Thank you for presenting the story so clearly for all to see. Have you thought of presenting a copy to a local historical society so people will be able to see what took place here 100 years from now?

Grammagail on March 19, 2013 at 9:21 am
    • Earlier today I'd had that same thought…..

Tisha Stanley on March 19, 2013 at 10:41 am
    • Great idea!

melindahooks on March 30, 2013 at 4:44 pm
  5. Excellent! This type of history is well preserved for the family and the community. ____The 3-d presentation helps us see the progress made of the BC.____One of my favorite "field trips" was an old homestead. The explanation how the family had to continue to build on, very similar to the story shared here. One of our favorite vacation spots, the lodge owner displays how the outbuildings were converted into the awesome cabins. This type of prestation is my cup of tea. Very talented creative people make this possible! KUDOS DIY for sharing your gifts with us.

Trish on March 19, 2013 at 9:34 am
  6. I really enjoyed the video and the history of the family that started this home so long ago.

Windsmurf on March 19, 2013 at 10:03 am
    • Hi Windsmurf! I agree the DIY Team has done a wonderful job showing us the amazing history of this home as well as each step of the rebuild! It will be such a wonderful thing for the new owner to have. Then they can also start to make their own traditions and add on to the history. The DIY Team did a wonderful job with all of their research. Best of Luck! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:15 am
  7. FANTABULOUS VIDEO HISTORY!!! Mary, I SO enjoyed that! Thank you! I'm guessing that Dylan had a hand in designing the 3-D presentation–the entire package was so educational and fun to watch! By integrating the Robinson Family History you have successfully brought them back home to the NEW, Strongly Built Blog Cabin–and I can see that DIY has largely preserved much of the original floor plan in parts of the structure so this home still has her original heart–BRAVO! Now, if you will just bring back the bulk of her original antique furnishings and give her that wonderful, seaside cottage character, to which we were first introduced–WOW!!! Thank you! xD:p<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 19, 2013 at 10:17 am
    • Hi Kitty!!! Yes they did an amazing job! The 3D video was just awesome. This will be such a wonderful thing for the new owner to have and for them to make new traditions and add on to the history. Best of Luck!! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:17 am
  8. Tears came as I watched this video. I am such an old softie. You did a great job of retaining the grace of the past while incorporating it into the future of this homestead. Not many people can "own" their home in these tough economic times, and the thought of just being given this gift is overwhelming. I know that many other bloggers can relate to what I'm saying. When I watch this video I think how lucky the winner will be, and the winner's family, like my mother said, "My great grandchildren should know the peace I have known here…" and that is how I feel about "our little cottage." May it give such peace to another family as I am sure the original builder and owners would have wanted. Thank you, DIY.

BrookwoodCarolina on March 19, 2013 at 10:38 am
    • BrookwoodCarolina, oh my, what you said is sweet, very sweet.

Wind Chime Girl on March 20, 2013 at 12:34 am
    • Hi Brookwood! I agree, I just love the video. The DIY Team did a wonderful job researching and presenting the history and the new beginning of this dream home! Best of Luck!!! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:21 am
  9. Thank you Mary and Laurie, that was a Great story and it show how a very determined Robinson Family began their Journey..When they Built on this Beautiful piece of property they had knowledge on how to expand as the Robinson's family grew and for it to have lasted so long, is amazing.Talented they were to continue adding Rooms until the little one room Cottage turned into the Beautiful Cottage We Bloggers fell
    in Love with…What Great History!!
    A copy of this Video would be a Nice gift for the New Homeowner..I hope the future Owners will cherish the History of the Cottage as will as make their on loving Memories in the years to come!!
    Diy did a Great job on the 3-D Transformation..Loved that..Thank you for sharing!!! Have A Good Day!^_^

Jennie/Florida on March 19, 2013 at 11:00 am
    • OOPS, that is…..make their "own" loving Memories!

Jennie/Florida on March 20, 2013 at 8:24 am
    • Hi Jennie! I agree the video was amazing. I love hearing the history of an old home. They DIY Team did such a wonderful job with the research to create this beautiful 3D video showing the history and the new beginning. The new owner will love to have this video of the history and to start their own history and new beginning. I think we all have just fell in love with this beautiful dream home!! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:24 am
    • Kudos to that idea of a video for the winner. I am sure that would be easy for the talented HGtV crew. North Carolina has tremendous American history. You wonder where the family originated, and how long it took for them to decide to build on this peoperty. Considering how well thought out the home was built and what loving care was given to it ove the years, it had to have been a long tale! This home I am sure will develop many other historical and witty tales for the new owners.

pickadillymonk on March 24, 2013 at 11:12 pm
    • Brilliant idea. Kudos!

melindahooks on March 30, 2013 at 4:49 pm
  10. Thank you BC Crue, This video explained a lot of questions that I had on the old to new!!!
    Very excellent indeed with the 3-D Video!!! B)

asandmancan on March 19, 2013 at 11:14 am
    • I agree 100%! Best of Luck. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 21, 2013 at 6:26 am
    • Thank you Rebecca. Best of Luck to you too!!! B)

asandmancan on March 21, 2013 at 11:11 am