Mar 18

The Bones of Blog Cabin 2013

Last week, we launched several new features that capture different aspects of the Blog Cabin remodeling process. We focus on reframing of the home and original buidling materials that will be incorporated into DIY projects and decorative accents. And wait till you see this video! We follow the evolution of the home in a series of 3-D graphics. You’ll see the original one-room cabin morph into a two-story home, crumble to the ground in a series of demolitions and rise again in its beautifully remodeled shape and floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 3:39 pm on March 3, 2013

1. Amazing!!! I can't wait for this one. I think it's great that you shared the history of the home as it is important information. Can't wait to see what gets done to the house and to see what originals are going to be left in the home. This is soooo exciting!

melindahooks on March 30, 2013 at 4:43 pm
  2. that was very cool to see. thanks DIY. loved it.

sway65 on March 31, 2013 at 9:57 am
  3. Hi Karenlin91 ! That was great that Customer relations got back to you about the camera. What a great group on the DIY team. ;) ;) ;) Everyone does a excellent job. Thanks for passing it along . Was not able to get on here yesterday but wanted to say "Thanks "to you . Hope you are having a great day. <3 ;) Nan

Nan on March 31, 2013 at 3:12 pm
    • It was Customer relations for the camera company, Truelook, not DIY who responded. DIY is renting their camera system. I received the same response too. :)

AnniesOwn on March 31, 2013 at 10:42 pm
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You will never know how much this meant to me and Matty. It has been one week since she past and taking time to see bc pix and reading blogs have been so helpful. The cabin is really coming along. Can't wait and see what is next. The water is really showing itself off, but is as beautiful. July seems a long way and can't wait for it. again thank you from my heart.

bogartandbacall on March 31, 2013 at 3:23 pm
  5. I wonder why with all the available space, this was downsized to a two bedroom property?

CatD63 on April 2, 2013 at 7:34 am
    • CatD63, much discussion on this subject was done on this thread of the blogs. The bedroom limition is due to the size of the sanitation drainfield and that dictates the number of bedrooms.

540sam on April 3, 2013 at 4:03 am
    • Thanks. New to the blog so I missed the discussion. I guess my assumption was because there were so many bedrooms before, it would not be an issue when they improved the building.

CatD63 on April 3, 2013 at 6:01 am
  6. I wonder why with all the available space

CatD63 on April 2, 2013 at 7:38 am
  7. Sorry, i wonder why with all the available space, it has been downsized to a 2 bedroom home?

CatD63 on April 2, 2013 at 7:38 am
  8. Loved learning about the history of the house. Makes it that much more appealing and meaningful.

Lauri on April 3, 2013 at 8:57 pm
  9. Amazing designs! I can't wait!

__________
    builders springfield mo

mika jones on April 10, 2013 at 6:01 am
  10. I love the webcam. I miss N.C. I growup just down the road . The Blog cabin has been do much fun voting on the style of the cabin. Can't wait to watch the show.

Ann on April 12, 2013 at 12:58 pm