Mar 18

The Bones of Blog Cabin 2013

Last week, we launched several new features that capture different aspects of the Blog Cabin remodeling process. We focus on reframing of the home and original buidling materials that will be incorporated into DIY projects and decorative accents. And wait till you see this video! We follow the evolution of the home in a series of 3-D graphics. You’ll see the original one-room cabin morph into a two-story home, crumble to the ground in a series of demolitions and rise again in its beautifully remodeled shape and floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 3:39 pm on March 3, 2013

1. I saw 3 guys this time, but since it's night time, there is probably some "double negative" stuff because the camera still shows day light…

TishaStanley on March 28, 2013 at 8:07 pm
  2. OMGoodness!!! I have been so busy recently that I have been missing out on the good stuff! Finally catching up on posts and had a good laugh over all the ghost comments…and Jennie, I did get to see the panorama pic (that's what is showing up on the cam now) so I did see the "ghosts"…what a cool picture!!! o.0:o:D

I hope everyone has been doing well! I have missed chatting with all of you! I didn't get to vote today before this round ended :( but I am looking forward to Apr 4th for the cabin comfort votes!!! Hope everyone has a great night!!! :)

Shelly313 on March 28, 2013 at 10:48 pm
  3. Clive if there is a portal on the property I don't think I want to win any longer. I have seen too much Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventuers, Haunted, etc. I know you all are just joking around.

chris50555 on March 29, 2013 at 12:57 am
  4. Good morning everyone. I cant wait untill the sun comes up to see what was done yesterday, as long as the darn cam cooperates. Yesterday wasnt a complete waste though, after all of these years it seem we blogers have solved and found the lost colony of Roanoke.xD

540sam on March 29, 2013 at 5:39 am
    • ;-) Then we have done a good thing right? Good morning!

karenlin91 on March 29, 2013 at 6:39 am
    • Poor Builder, he didn't know what we were up to.

vicki_in_Utah on March 29, 2013 at 8:28 am
    • Nope,Cedar Island is where the colonist went.Just get John White's log and a map and follow his directions.

TonyE on March 29, 2013 at 8:50 pm
  5. Good morning, Everybody! I can see what everyone was saying about the dirt being spread out…I'm no longer on panning. I get to spend the day with my granddaughter today, so I won't be on much today…Have a wonderful day!!

Tisha

TishaStanley on March 29, 2013 at 6:51 am
    • Have a wonderful day with your granddaughter;-)

karenlin91 on March 29, 2013 at 8:10 am
    • Grandkids are such fun!!! I get to go see mine this weekend, can't wait!!! Hope you two have lots of fun today!!! :D

Shelly313 on March 29, 2013 at 9:32 am
  6. Good Morning everybody!!! What a gorgeous sunny morning at the BC today!!! Seeing the dirt just makes me want to be there to help with the landscaping while enjoying the sunshine and salty breeze!!! I sure hope everyone has a very blessed day today!!! ^_^B):D:)<3

Shelly313 on March 29, 2013 at 9:29 am
  7. Hi Shelly313 ! May I join you with perhaps the planting of the flowers? Can not do the heavy stuff anymore, but sure love the beauty of the end results. They always do such lovely work and make it native planting so it will thrive. What knowledge people.Thanks DIY. ;) <3 Have a great day everyone! ;) <3 Bloggers are such fun. ;)

Nan on March 29, 2013 at 9:58 am
  8. What a great history of the cabin. The family was creative. This seemed to be a loving caring family for each other and their needs. They were glad of what they had and added on to the house to fit their needs. Thank you for sharing the history. What a great place for new menories to be made.

Rose Grant on March 29, 2013 at 11:03 am
  9. Hi Everyone, New Thread!!!!!

Jennie/Florida on March 29, 2013 at 12:20 pm
    • Yes Jennie, another thread to fill up. LOL…..

540sam on March 29, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    • Hi Sam, There are Newbees on the Threads that don't know to check and see if there are new threads, so I remind them, just in case, so they won't miss out from the start..:p..Just Me! I was a Newbee once!
      When we have two or three threads going at once, it's hard to keep track of all the comments.and I don't want to miss something that might be important!!! Do You???:p:)B)

Jennie/Florida on March 29, 2013 at 1:54 pm
  10. everytime i try to watch the video it shows the hgtv dream home giveaway would really like to see the right video

mark on March 29, 2013 at 4:05 pm
    • Hi Mark, are you talking about the Video "at the top of this page?" I just played it and there are commercials then the Blog Cabin 2013 starts…Try it again!:p

Jennie/Florida on March 29, 2013 at 4:27 pm