Mar 18

The Bones of Blog Cabin 2013

Last week, we launched several new features that capture different aspects of the Blog Cabin remodeling process. We focus on reframing of the home and original buidling materials that will be incorporated into DIY projects and decorative accents. And wait till you see this video! We follow the evolution of the home in a series of 3-D graphics. You’ll see the original one-room cabin morph into a two-story home, crumble to the ground in a series of demolitions and rise again in its beautifully remodeled shape and floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 3:39 pm on March 3, 2013

1. Hey guys! I got really frustrated with the panorama a couple of hours ago and sent an email from the camera…..I Got an answer back!!! " Hello, Karen.

We appreciate you bringing the issue with the DIY Blog Cabin cam to our attention. Actually, there was a power issue at the property today. The problem is currently being addressed, and it is hoped there will be a quick resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
    Customer Relations"

so it wasn't us (this time at least) and they weren't hiding something ;-)

karenlin91 on March 28, 2013 at 3:20 pm
    • Karen that is the same reply that I got too. :)

chris50555 on March 29, 2013 at 12:53 am
    • Hi Chris. When you went to my moonlight pic, did you notice how many shots I grabbed from you? You always seem to find stuff I missed, you're doing a great service for us ;-) . I did a print screen of our ghosts, but it's on a word doc and I can't upload it to pinterest. Got any ideas?

karenlin91 on March 29, 2013 at 6:28 am
    • Hi Karen, I reported the Cam was stuck on Panorama view last Thursday March 28th and also got a E-mail from Customers Relations that basically said the same thing your E-mail said. I have had problems with my E-mail for the last few days and finally got to read them this morning. I was so surprised to get an E-mail from TrueLook and they gave me their Toll Free number and E-mail address in case we have any more problems…I wasn't expecting that, but it was thoughtful of them and knowing they want to keep the Camera
      Cam going for us devoted Bloggies!!!:p<3 I Hope you had a Wonderful Easter!!:p<3B)

Jennie/Florida on March 31, 2013 at 11:15 pm
    • ? <DIV>Hi Jennie, Easter was good, I hope yours was too. I don't remember getting a phone # from truelook, you really scored! Hang on to that email, just in case! Thinking about it now, that was the day they set up the outlet on the dock, and were messing with electrical…..that may have been why there was an electrical outage that affected the camera…..all in a good cause !</DIV> <DIV style=”FONT: 10pt arial”>

karenlin91 on April 1, 2013 at 7:58 am
  2. I know we can't vote anymore for the beanbag, that voting is evidently closed. If it's not too late, I would be more than happy to go back to the beanbag vote only and try to get it up there for AR, if that was possible.

karenlin91 on March 28, 2013 at 3:39 pm
    • There's another whole week to vote for the beanbag toss if you wish.

…."Up next, we invite you to participate in our Cabin Comforts vote and sweepstakes, which runs from April 4 through May 16, 2013."

Clive on March 28, 2013 at 4:12 pm
    • No, the voting is done for the outside. There is some down time until the Cabin Comforts on April 4th.

vicki_in_Utah on March 28, 2013 at 4:21 pm
    • All I can get now is the voting results page ;-(

karenlin91 on March 28, 2013 at 4:22 pm
  3. Hi Everyone, I'm going to try this one more time because if you Guys are missing this, it would be ashame!!…
    If you have read my last few comments you are aware that I'm seeing things LOLo.0o.0B) So since I'm loosing it "DUH" I'm going to give you the instructions again before the Camera Cam is fixed and they might take away what I'm trying to get you to See o.0… Go to the Camera Cam and click on Panorama View, then when it starts to move go to the far left, click the left arrow at the bottom of the page to stop the cam! Now you should be viewing the dirt up from the dock, look over in the center of all the dirt and you will see two guys that look waste deep in the dirt..It is a little hard to see but you have to focus on the dirt area…I took pictures of them and it's on my camera but I would really like for you to see the Mystery too…Clive thinks they are Pirate ghosts, but he is just kidding and I really saw them..Go back and see if you see them Please!!:p<3

Jennie/Florida on March 28, 2013 at 3:46 pm
    • LOLOLOL, Clive, I really needed that!!!

TishaStanley on March 28, 2013 at 4:42 pm
    • I saw two guys at the end of the dock…so far every time I have looked in on the cabin the camera has been panning, so I haven't seen any thing that's been done yet….and when I post something, it makes me do it twice…..maybe Clive is right…there be ghosts among us……

TishaStanley on March 28, 2013 at 4:44 pm
    • Ghosts of construction workers!!! I believe their shirts are plaid!! :)

Lia_M on March 28, 2013 at 5:11 pm
    • Hi fellow spirits ;=) I see three guys there–one looks like he is standing to the left. The other two are definitely 'sketchy as smoke' and could be knee deep in water, or just some kind of double negative, as we used to say in the time before digital! I personally have seen some things while watching the camera that made me stop and say DUH–WHAT? Then reality set in, and I figured out it had to be something else. Your pirates are a mystery. Great fun. I imagine the natives are friendly…

BrookwoodCarolina on March 28, 2013 at 5:41 pm
  4. Woohoo, The dock has a roof! The camera was kinda working for a few minutes last time I checked, not now tho. I was hoping to get a better look but the camera froze and told me to reload the page.

KCDigger on March 28, 2013 at 4:10 pm
    • ??? It definitely didn't havd a roof this afternoon when we had a few minutes of live cam. Are you sure you weren't looking at the dock next door? B)

Ally on March 28, 2013 at 6:32 pm
    • I didn't know we could see the dock next door. It's possible. I hit water view and a brief picture appeared before being replaced by a close-up of the trucks.

KCDigger on March 28, 2013 at 6:50 pm
  5. ROFLMAO! You are so right, hitting myself upside the head….of course!

karenlin91 on March 28, 2013 at 4:20 pm
    • LOLOLOL, Clive, I really needed that!!!

Tisha

TishaStanley on March 28, 2013 at 4:36 pm
  6. This is by far the most fabulous dream of a "blog cabin". It far surpasses anything someone could possibly want in a family "retreat". I would like to know what happened to all the antiques in that house. Every room was just crammed with collectibles. Hope you saved a lot of them, if not all. My roots are in NC as my father was born and raised there but I have never been there. Would love to win this and go back to my roots for my waning years. Keep up the magnificent work. Love you all and what you do to create miracles. Can't wait for the final result.

Joan1933 on March 28, 2013 at 5:08 pm
  7. OK, everyone…yes, the two 'spirit' men wearing plaid shirts are there all right, but right in the middle of the muddy area between the grapevine and the pier! Wooooo! I am really certain now, it has to be some kind of double exposure. I miss the live cam. Can't wait to get it back up ;=0.

BrookwoodCarolina on March 28, 2013 at 5:47 pm
    • Hi Brook, hope you are feeling better today, I replied to a comment you made under my post of 15, page 8 about those trees out where the swings are…Did you read it….It's so hard to keep up with all the comments going back and forth from page to page, but thought you would be happy with what I told you about those trees where the Daffodils are…..My comment started off Good Morning Brook…..
      Also I'm soooo glad you got to see those guys waist deep in the mud out front…I thought that was strange to see and everyone thought I was LOOSING it, when I was trying to direct Everyone out there to see what I saw "two foggy guys" waist deep in the mud!! o.0:)B) LOL…..Have a Great Day!!!

Jennie/Florida on March 29, 2013 at 12:14 pm
    • OOPS Brook, my Post of 15 above on this page…..o.0:p I told you it's hard to keep up…LOLo.0

Jennie/Florida on March 29, 2013 at 12:43 pm
  8. Have some of you folks been smokin' some "wacky tobacky" this afternoon, seeing ghosts and invisable people, and invisable things? :) :) Have a spectacular evening, and another wonderful day of dreaming again tomorrow. Sure does look nice to the left of the house, with the brush pile hauled away, and the black dirt leveled.

Builder on March 28, 2013 at 6:43 pm
    • Looks nice to YOU, Builder, but the rest of us are cross-eyed and all 'fused 'cause we can't see stuff 'cause when we start to see it, it poofs an' then we wonder if it was there to begin with, so you hafta' have some pity on us Bloggies an' let us in on some secrets before we become woe-begotten lost souls like ol' Blackbeard an' find ourselves havin' to hitch ourselves to a phantom ship somewhere to amuse ourselves with somethin, cause this is gettin' sort of foggy fer us with all the disappearances an' poofs, don't cha'know???B):So.0=/o.0:x:'(:(o.0 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 28, 2013 at 6:54 pm
    • An' t'aint even April FOOL'S DAY EITHER! :x :|=/;) Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 28, 2013 at 6:57 pm
    • Kitty, you are quite the character! LOL!xD;)

SID on March 28, 2013 at 7:16 pm
    • LOL, I'm ready for "wacky tobacky", trying to see thru the panorama…I think the camera got a whiff, maybe that's why it's staying stuck. The side of the house looked great! the little bit I saw before the camera went back to panorama. ;-)

karenlin91 on March 28, 2013 at 7:33 pm
    • Karen, I think it is too close to April Fool's Day, so folks are starting to imagine things. Well, just have a good night's sleep, have a great fulfilling breakfast, without caffeine, and perhaps tomorrow will be a better day. :) Caffeine can make a lot of folks very hyper, and impatient. Maybe the camera did get a whiff of something today, perhaps the fresh spring air off the water. :) Spring fever is an awful thing sometimes.

Builder on March 28, 2013 at 7:48 pm
    • LOL, Builder, no April Fool's yet! The "ghosts" are really there…..in the tracks leading to the dock. We've had way too much time on panorama, and a whole lot of us have seen them, Honest! I even did a print screen and have a pic of it, too bad I don't know what to do with it ;-)
      By the way, good night's sleep is over and the camera stopped! The light from the trees really lights up the house beautifully, SWEET!!!!

karenlin91 on March 29, 2013 at 6:20 am
  9. I really love the history behind this place! I think it's wonderful that your team can help preserve the beauty of it.

Cassidy on March 28, 2013 at 6:52 pm
  10. April Fool's Day…a day I personally wish didn't come, at least not this year, and maybe for years to come.

As for our ghosties and stuff, I think that they came around to keep us entertained, cause they don't want us to see what's happening….hhmmmm…well someday we will just show them a thing or two…

Tisha