Mar 18

The Bones of Blog Cabin 2013

Last week, we launched several new features that capture different aspects of the Blog Cabin remodeling process. We focus on reframing of the home and original buidling materials that will be incorporated into DIY projects and decorative accents. And wait till you see this video! We follow the evolution of the home in a series of 3-D graphics. You’ll see the original one-room cabin morph into a two-story home, crumble to the ground in a series of demolitions and rise again in its beautifully remodeled shape and floor plan. Enjoy!

• Posted at 3:39 pm on March 3, 2013

1. We are stuck on panorama this morning…but I think I saw 2 guys down by the dock…

TishaStanley on March 28, 2013 at 7:59 am
    • I know . I saw three people down by the dock when I stopped the panning.

JudyInMich on March 28, 2013 at 8:00 am
    • Web Cam is still stuck. I'm sure when its fixed we'll be surprised by the work the DIY team has accomplished. Another exciting day at the blog cabin! Becky^_^<3

bythebaydreamer on March 28, 2013 at 8:48 am
    • I'm not sure that's an image from today. Last night there were three big piles of lumber, possibly dock decking, just to the right of the end of the dock. When I checked early this mornoing the camera was on Panorama but the lumbr had all gone and it's nowhere to be seen on the whole site.

AnniesOwn on March 28, 2013 at 8:53 am
    • I don't think it is from today. Unless someone got on sight and took the lumber. :(

JudyInMich on March 28, 2013 at 8:57 am
    • I believe the panorama is not real time but is from a few days ago. I watched the decking for the dock get delivered Wednesday afternoon.

Ishmael on March 29, 2013 at 1:24 am
    • Hi Tisha!! I also see 2 guys at the dock. They just seem to be talking and trying to figure their next step! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 28, 2013 at 3:04 pm
    • There was a small electrical box affixed to the second post from the end of the dock. You will see a short piece of conduit running to the ground beneath this box, with UF wire running off to the left.

Builder on March 28, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    • Just out of curiosity, why would there be electric on the dock? Also, I'm still stuck on panorama, so I cannot see it yet.

TishaStanley on March 28, 2013 at 4:28 pm
    • Lights!

Ishmael on March 29, 2013 at 12:56 am
    • Or maybe temporary power if the decking is going to be screwed rather than nailed.

Ishmael on March 29, 2013 at 1:25 am
  2. Hi DIY teams, AR Construction, and Blog Team! Here it is the morning of the 28th and I just voted again! For everyone who was wishing to help vote for the Bean Bag Toss–Heads Up! My camera is set to Panorama today, so I'm hoping a show is in the process right now! This has been a wonderful ride, watching the progress on the cottage, and getting to know all the bloggers in the process. Have a great vacation, everyone. Hope it warms up some for our northern & western neighbors.

BrookwoodCarolina on March 28, 2013 at 9:37 am
    • Hi Brookwood! I hope you enjoy your holiday weekend. Be safe! Much Love!! <3<3<3

Rebecca on March 28, 2013 at 3:03 pm
  3. If some of you have never looked after dark lately the cabin lit up is a gorgeous sight! Last night I was enjoying the night version of the cabin cam and it flipped to panorama while I was watching the lights across the water. It seems the cam is still afflicted this morning. what a shame because I was looking forward to watching the dock get its deck. Take it from me, that cabin is just as lovely at night!

Grammagail on March 28, 2013 at 10:33 am
    • Grammagail, dh has questioned us calling it a dock. He keeps telling me if it goes towards the ocean, it's a pier. Need some info. How do I respond?

trish on March 28, 2013 at 11:11 am
    • Hi Trish—-This is what I found and hope it helps!!!???LOL

Dock—A dock can be a space of water alongside a pier or between two piers where a vessel can load and unload—-A secondary meaning is the same as a pier. Yet a Third meaning is a group of piers called "the docks" which means a general area where ships or boats land…
      Pier—A pier is a platform out over the water on Supports called pillars or piles. It functions as a dock (in the first meaning) for watercraft. To an Angler or fisherman it's something to fish off of…
      So what I'm taking from this is " You walk on the Dock till you get down to the end and that is the Pier!
      Are We Confused Now????o.0o.0;):p

Jennie/Florida on March 28, 2013 at 12:05 pm
    • yes, but you did clear it up a little.

vicki_in_Utah on March 28, 2013 at 12:54 pm
    • Thank you, Gail.

I'm still a little confused…but it's easy for me. He said it has something to do with going into the ocean. All I know…..I LOVE that there's one of these being rebuilt.

trish on March 28, 2013 at 9:43 pm
    • Hi Gail! Yes they have been leaving the lights on for some time now. I have been trying to see inside but so far all I can see is that it looks as though the kitchen cabinets look as if they are being installed. I wish I could see more but it doesn't seem to be working! haha Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 28, 2013 at 3:01 pm
  4. http://pinterest.com/pin/490188740661858199/ I'm not sure if I did this right. This should be the link to a pic of the moonlight on the water, before the camera went panorama… I have a question too..I thought the vote was every two weeks and we got another one today, but the website has it set for April 4th…..another week. would give us more time to switch to the bean bags though..;-)

karenlin91 on March 28, 2013 at 11:32 am
    • I think the cabin conforts vote starts April 4th. And w go a week without voting. I think????

vicki_in_Utah on March 28, 2013 at 12:55 pm
  5. To All Bloggers, this is really strange…On the panorama cam right now 12:15 PM if you watch the cam as it goes toward the water, look where the dirt is really dug into by the big wheels and you will see a little foggy area and there is a image of 2 guys in the dirt, one behind the other….You have to look really hard, it looks kinda blurry..
    I cleaned my glasses so I don't think I'm seeing things…Soooo go look and see if you see what I'm seeing
    Really weird!!!!! Hurry before the Camera gets fixed back to normal!!!o.0:p

Jennie/Florida on March 28, 2013 at 12:23 pm
    • PS don't forget to click on the left arrow to stop the P/view when it gets far left to the water!!! This is something to see!!

Jennie/Florida on March 28, 2013 at 12:28 pm
    • Its the ghost of fishermen past. Just kidding

540sam on March 28, 2013 at 1:16 pm
    • NOW…. Sam, did you see what I was talking about??? Did you see those 2 guys in the dirt like from
      waist up? I took some pictures of them now if I can just figure out how to put them on our Post, I will, DUH…LOL I know I'm not seeing things…Please Someone, would you verify my findings, I know I'm not seeing things.. o.0o.0B):p

Jennie/Florida on March 28, 2013 at 2:16 pm
    • Relax Jennie, each picture is a snap shot and in order to get a panoramic view several snap shots were taken at various overlaping points. What you see is a double exposure taken at two different times of the guys at the dock walking back to the cabin.

540sam on March 28, 2013 at 3:51 pm
    • Strange things happen when those fog banks creep in off the Atlantic. This is the coastline of pirate ghosts and tales of lost ships and crews. Maybe the 'missing' Roby workers from a few days back have joined the group of wraiths in a Blog Cabin Twilight Zone. Is that Rod Steiger I can see hiding in the bushes by the water. ;)

Clive on March 28, 2013 at 2:48 pm
    • Oops, wrong Rod. That should be Rod Serling. :$

Clive on March 28, 2013 at 3:38 pm
    • I think the BC is entering the "Twilight Zone" today! The Cabin Cam is going cafluey! The Votes are frozen! I couldn't even enter my daily Scripps Travel Channel Sweeps because it thought I had already done my daily entry!!! Strange things are going on that's all I can say! Rod must be around somewhere….o.0:o Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 28, 2013 at 4:09 pm
    • Hi Jennie, I missed it sorry. I did see that they installed some motion lights in the tree with the swings. Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 28, 2013 at 2:57 pm
    • Jennie, I agree with Clive, lol….and no, you're not seeing things ;-)

karenlin91 on March 28, 2013 at 3:02 pm
    • I feel like I have been gone forever and apparently missing out on some good stuff!!! Finally getting a chance to try to catch up…where's the pic? I want to see!!! 540sam's ghost of fishermen past and Clive's Twilight Zone comments have me super curious!!! LOL

Shelly313 on March 28, 2013 at 10:34 pm
  6. I am having trouble even getting the camera to load. :'(

chris50555 on March 28, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    • Hi Chris, I have been having problems with the camera too! :| It is probably just too many of us trying to see what is going on and the network is getting overloaded. It will probably be OK a little later. Much Love!! <3<3<3

Rebecca on March 28, 2013 at 2:53 pm
    • Hi Rebecca,
      I had sent in a help ticket after I had so much trouble and they told me that they were having electrical problems at the property today.

chris50555 on March 29, 2013 at 12:49 am
  7. Jeannie I see what you were talking about. Because the camera was moving when they were taking the still shot but the work crew was moving about as usual thus making it possible to be in the picture more then one time.;)

chris50555 on March 28, 2013 at 12:37 pm
    • Hi Chris, You say they, who are you talking about when you say they were taking the still shot…The Active Camera gets stalled and that is when the Panorama view takes over.. So when you are watching the Panorama view, wait till the camera is to the far left and stop it by clicking on the left arrow at the bottom..
      If you look at the torn up yard and look close you can see two figures in the dirt…Is that what you saw?I just thought that looked pretty strange!! o.0:)

Jennie/Florida on March 28, 2013 at 1:00 pm
  8. Good afternoon guys! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I am so happy to see that there are guys working at the house!!! wooohooo!! I have been having problems with the cam all morning, it was stuck on panning. Now it is working but still not quit right because it only shifts a little bit. Anyway I was able to see the guys install some motion lights up in the trees near the swings. I have been being nosey trying to see more but the camera is not trying to work with me haha! I am so excited. I have also seen some of the guys down by the dock also but haven't seen much done just looks like they are discussing their next step. Anyway things are moving again and I for one am soooo happy about this!!! Much Love!! <3<3<3<3

Rebecca on March 28, 2013 at 2:51 pm
  9. Hi Bloggers ! Can anyone help me ,Please? When do we start entering to win the contest ? I thoufgt I put it on my calendar but can not find date. Jennie/Florida, you give great directions. I followed some of yours earlier . Also, When the contest opens, s it correct that we can not Blog anymore? This cabin is my first me blogging and not sure how it works. Nice to get help fro all of you. Hats off to the DIY team for a great home for the winner! ;) <3 Best to all of you . ;) <3

NBan on March 28, 2013 at 3:05 pm
    • Go to the top of this page and click on the 'Coming Attractions' tab. That will give you all the info about the Sweepstakes.

The blog continues, no breaks. I believe any thread that has veen inactive for more than 60 days becomes 'closed' but we blog all year on the newest threads.

Sally on March 28, 2013 at 3:42 pm
    • Sally, Thank you, so very nice to help;) Have a great day! ;) <3

Nan on March 29, 2013 at 9:31 am
    • You're welcome Nan. I just checked the "Coming Attractions" tab and the page is blank. DIY Website glitch I assume as the information on when the sweeps starts and much more has been up there for months. :) Keep checking, it may reappear. :D

Sally on March 29, 2013 at 3:37 pm
    • Happy Easter, Sally. Thank you for your continued help. looking forward to seeing and doing all the coming things. Wish you the very best. ;) <3 Nan

Nan on March 31, 2013 at 2:49 pm
    • Hi Nan, April 4th through May 16th we vote on the Cabin Comforts
      July 16th Virtual Home tour launches
      July 29th start voting 2 times daily for the Home Giveaway
      If you checked the Coming Attractions there was no Schedule, so I hope this helps!

Jennie/Florida on March 28, 2013 at 8:01 pm
    • Jennie/Florida, Thanks once again! so nice of you to once again help a novice. ;) <3 I keep trying. The Blog Cabin is just teriffic and the bloggers give a awhole new slant on how and what is happening. Love the Cam Too! ;) <3 Great of DIY to give us this opportunity to enjoy as it is being built.;) <3 Hope you have a wonderful day Jennie.<3 ;) look forward to "talking" later.;)

Nan on March 29, 2013 at 9:41 am
    • You're very Welcome, Nan!!!:p My Day has been wonderful so far, Thank you!! Nice sunny 74 degrees and great weather for cleaning up my yard debris from the Big Storm we had on Sunday…I wish you and you Family a Happy Easter Weekend…:p<3B)

Jennie/Florida on March 29, 2013 at 4:19 pm
    • Your Family

Jennie/Florida on March 29, 2013 at 4:32 pm
    • Jennie/Florida, wish you and your Family a Happy Easter also. Thank you for all your help. I did put the info. on my calender this time. looking forward to everything to come and finally entering.
      It is overcast at this afternoon in PA, but a wonderful service this morning. Prayers for so many and for Peace in this troubled world. ;) My best to you and all the Bloggers.<3 <3

Nan on March 31, 2013 at 3:00 pm