Mar 14

People’s Choice: Vote for Outdoor Living Features

Blog Cabin 2013 Outdoor Features

We’ve arrived at round six of our People’s Choice voting program! Please help us select outdoor features for Blog Cabin 2013, from outdoor seating to fire pit style.

• Posted at 11:19 am on March 3, 2013

1. Like most of the outdoor picks, makes me want to be there when its done but I'll settle for lots of pictures and the live cam corder which I check every day. I see they are working on electric today, coming along good. Hope they leave the daffodils in the side yard when they do all this landscaping as they are beautiful. Enjoying all and can't wait to try and win this home when its finished.

margaret on March 18, 2013 at 1:09 pm
  2. Good Afternoon Everybody!!! Wow! I have been missing out on a LOT of blog entries lately! :( Welcome to all the new bloggers, glad to have you join this great group and read your posts! I've a lot to catch up on but little time to search for posts to reply to, so here goes:

WE-Z, You're welcome! Glad to be able to help!
    Kitty, LOL! You're right, it is a game of tug 'o war! haha!
    Chris, I hope you were able to fix the leak under your sink…hate when that happens!
    Clive, I also thought the original dock was a bit too high…it sure is looking really nice and proper height now!
    Bogartandbacall, There is nothing like a little sand and sun to take a headache away…QUICKLY!!! How sweet of your husband to take you to the beach to get rid of your awful headache!
    Karenlin91, YES! It was a great shot of the daffodils and the swings! LOL!

WCG, Bev, Paperdragon, Vicki, Rebecca, Tisha, Mel, and everyone above and not listed here, I apologize for not responding inline lately, have been really busy with classwork. But I do hope you are all doing well!!! Have a very blessed day!!! ^_^:)<3

Shelly313 on March 18, 2013 at 1:51 pm
    • Shelly, Glad your back! Things are certainly moving along quickly at the blog cabin! Hope your day is full of blessings! Becky:)<3

bythebaydreamer on March 18, 2013 at 2:06 pm
    • Shelly,

Glad you're back!! I, too, have been busy with school, but I will try to check in here from time to time through out the day–cause it just relaxes me…LOL

I'm well, and I truly hope that you are as well!!

Tisha

TishaStanley on March 18, 2013 at 7:20 pm
    • Thank you, Tisha!!! I am doing very well, and happy you are too!!! Sometimes I think it is insane to go back to college now, but every time I complete an assignment, esp a large one, I am so glad that I am!!! I am esp loving this last round of voting because it gets us that much closer to completion. And because it's for the outdoors and Spring is finally arriving, just makes me want to be sitting there taking in that view, throw a few horseshoes, lounge in a hammock on the dock, sit on the porch swing with a glass of sweet tea, or light up the fire pit and just RELAX!!! Total Bliss!!! ^_^B):)<3

Shelly313 on March 19, 2013 at 1:42 pm
    • UGH! The word police just took my reply! LOL

Thank you, Tisha, I am well and happy you are too! Sometimes I think it's crazy to go back to school now, but I am glad that I am!!! I am enjoying this last round of voting, especially since Spring is finally arriving and the votes are for outside! Makes me want to be in a hammock on the dock, pitch horse shoes, light up the fire pit, or sit on the porch swing with a glass of sweet tea! Total relaxation, and this BC is absolutely the perfect setting!!! ^_^:)<3

Shelly313 on March 19, 2013 at 1:48 pm
    • UGH! The word police just took my reply twice! LOL

Thank you, Tisha, I am well and happy you are too! Sometimes I think it's crazy to go back to school now, but I am glad that I am!!! I am enjoying this last round of voting, especially since Spring is finally arriving and the votes are for outside! Makes me want to be in a hammock on the dock, play horse shoes, light the fire pit, or sit on the porch swing with a glass of sweet tea! Total relaxation, and this BC is absolutely the perfect setting!!! ^_^:)<3

Shelly313 on March 19, 2013 at 1:49 pm
    • Things are moving along so fast I feel like I'm missing out!!! But I do check the cam at least once a day just to see what has been done, and then cast my 10 votes quickly before logging off to do homework or run errands. And thank you, every day is a blessing, and I wish the same in return to you, Becky!!! ^_^:)<3

Shelly313 on March 19, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    • Shelly, no worries, we all get busy and can't be here everyday. Some days I'm here a lot, others – not so much. And catching up – yikes! I did miss your comments, funny how when the regulars aren't heard from in a while, we miss them. I'm glad you're back, Shelly, it sounds like you have some serious priorities.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on March 18, 2013 at 8:13 pm
  3. Hmmmm? Sand, Cats? Is there a problem with that? Like to be able to move the fire pit just in case there might be a really high tide or hurricane etc. Does it float? I could use it as a boat. Nice to have options. This place is soooo awesome. And we get a new dock!!!! Love stone path -it stays put!! . Wind can blow the pine stuff and it can float away. BTW Is it flammable? And my feet get sticky when I walk barefoot. Just saying. It is cheap and a recycled product can't knock it. Love the pergola! So waiting for jasmine to become established and grow over the openings. Hoping that much of the previous contents of the inside will be placed back into this house.Especially the old photos. Or at least copies?? Priceless! First house I would sell my first born for. OOOOPS I didn't mean it. Well sort of!

Ashtabulannie on March 18, 2013 at 2:04 pm
    • Haha! We all have days when we think we would do that! There are so many great options for the blog cabin, both the inside choices we made and those choices we can make outside. The winner will no doubt make some changes no matter what is there so they can make the place there own. Personally I like the stone walk way because there is little or no maintenance. Becky^_^<3

bythebaydreamer on March 18, 2013 at 2:15 pm
    • Hi Fellow VA Neighbor! How are you today? Yeah, the cats and the sand thing…I was thinking about inventing a large po operscooper, if there isn't one already in circulation for that==much needed! Have you checked out http://www.hgtvremodels.com/blog-cabin/blog-cabin… lately? there's a photo of some of the items saved–at least i hope the pile is of SOME SAVED and doesn't include ALL SAVED! Jasmine! Love the fragrance! They didn't say where the path is. I hope a stone path to the dock is in–it will weather storms better. If they clear a nice wide woodsy path, which I used to have, when I lived on acreage and loved, we cleared just wide enough for a golf cart to ride through, then planted little seasonal surprise flowering and texture beauties to observe, as we either walked or rode through the woods! It was a very special escape, the ground cover there was wood chips mostly from trees we felled for warmth by the fireplaces. Pinestraw, of course got mixed in, for there were also conifers, and that made the woody pathway so fragrant and inviting. You have to watch though, for coral snakes, especially can blend in to pine straw and be nearly impossible to see. Good thing they aren't that aggressive. Moccasins are, as we in VA know.:DxD<3 Kitty

DwnSoDwnEaster on March 18, 2013 at 3:14 pm
    • Thanks for putting that link in there – I hadn't seen that article before. There are several photos included with descriptions of where items will be used – the old well will be re-used as an outdoor faucet! YAY! Glad to see it in there :)

Mimitheminer on March 18, 2013 at 3:35 pm
  4. I love the column treatment on the deck.

540sam on March 18, 2013 at 3:30 pm
  5. Well I guess all the guys have left after a hard days work. I love watching them but seems a lot has been going on outside of the cam today. I did my voting this morning. I am so excited about all of the items we have to choose. Problem is they all are nice. Guess it doesn't matter than! haha I am so glad we did not have to decide for a dog park or something else because I really do love that it is definately a decision they are putting the dog park in. That is truly my favorite item. I hope who ever does get this beautiful home uses it and rescues so old dogs! Let them live their last part of their life in peace, free and happy! I am sorry if I keep saying that but it is my passion and a dream of mine. I would rescue all of them if I could. Anyway I love everything about this home! Much Love!! <3<3

Rebecca on March 18, 2013 at 4:33 pm
    • I, too, love to watch them working on the house….my kids tell me I'm stalking….I tell them it's legal this way…I have such a hard time voting, as I like most all the choices we have!!! I would save old dogs if I win, but, my husband is allergic and they'd have to be more outdoors than in…and yes, we have a dog now, and I have a lot of house work to do just to keep the pet dander down, so I don't end up having my husband unable to breathe…

Tisha

TishaStanley on March 18, 2013 at 7:27 pm
  6. You guys are doing a great job, Stay warm. We can hardly wait to move in. Wow, would that be a blessing. Our grandkids would probably never want to go home if we lived there.

americangram on March 18, 2013 at 4:54 pm
  7. It is not appropriate to post advertising on this blog, even if the topic is related.

Ishmael on March 18, 2013 at 6:02 pm
  8. If I were lucky enough to win, I would have one really HUGE party and everyone of you would be invited!!!!
    You're all so amazing, and insightful, and I appreciate each and every one of you!!

Tisha

TishaStanley on March 18, 2013 at 7:29 pm
    • Tish, I can't give you enough thumbs up for that!
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on March 18, 2013 at 8:24 pm
    • You are so sweet, Tisha!!! I feel the same way too! I just tried replying to your response to my comment from yesterday but my comments "require approval" three times now and not sure why!!! :S Very frustrating! But I agree with you, it is very relaxing just to look at the pics, which makes this BC absolutely perfect! Especially now that Spring is finally arriving!!! ^_^

Shelly313 on March 19, 2013 at 1:54 pm
    • Oh goody!!! That reply actually made it through!!! LOL

Shelly313 on March 19, 2013 at 1:55 pm
    • Tisha & Shelly,
      you girls are fantastic to be chasing your dreams through your studies and through BC dreams.
      Both of you hand in there. I'm pulling for you both.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on March 19, 2013 at 11:58 pm
    • Of course I meant for you to "hang" in there. But if either of you win, you can "hand" me my glass of champagne to toast the winner. Cheers.
      WCG

Wind Chime Girl on March 20, 2013 at 12:03 am
  9. Great selections!! This is really awesome..

Outdoor Living on March 19, 2013 at 5:40 am
  10. Thank you for the wonderful video! I have been wondering if a single person has ever won a Blog Cabin?:) :)

Ethel on March 19, 2013 at 6:40 pm
    • I'd be happy to be the first!!! :)

Lia_M on March 19, 2013 at 7:23 pm